What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Happy Anniversary, Joe. Grabbed the ER for a toast! Mrs. Clueby and I will (only?) hit 27 years in a couple weeks. I will officially then be married longer than single in my lifetime.

Spent the evening cutting grass at my daughter's so I'm soaking my tired bones in the hot tub with the pour(s). Her yard is almost all hill.

20200521_220247.jpg

20200521_192121.jpg

• I like it 4

Many thanks for all the anniversary wishes. It’s much appreciated. FWIW, yes, the eagles landed. ?? Best to you and yours, and cheers to one and all. ?

Biba! Joe

Welp - time to go to the bunker for some WLW to toast Joe on his anniversary. Congrats to you friend!

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Went for a run tonight.  Came home and painted my bedroom.  Now, enjoying a couple of pours of KCSB while watching Last Dance.

Like you, I got in a run yesterday and finished up episode 10 of Last Dance last night while enjoying some BT.  Hope you enjoy the show and bourbon as much as I did.  

Enjoying some WT101 watching the day end. Hope everyone is keeping safe. 

20200522_211901.jpg

• I like it 6

Was going to go snook fishing from the kayak until about midnight, but the lightning doesn't look like it will let up, so I will have to hunker down with the wife and a pour of ECBP A120.

• I like it 1

I’m probably going to finish this bottle tonight. I have really enjoyed this bourbon and I will buy another, if I see one. 
Everyone have a great memorial day weekend. 

A3D9B87A-F5CB-4FCD-A48B-5A6934C48F0B.thumb.jpeg.d7d3b76e9601cd97e30dc83616daf00c.jpeg

• I like it 4

Every once in a while, I get an itch, for pure, oily, corn goodness, and this one always scratches that itch.  Good, cheap and delicious. Most of my bourbon friends cringe in horror, and shake their heads in disbelief, when I break it out.?

I don't care, you like what you like,and I really like Mellow Corn.

20200522_185635.jpg

• I like it 9

Found this open bottle of Booker's while digging through my whiskey closet. Still great after all these years IMG_20200522_205703.thumb.jpg.a608d855c81fbb8e73ce44345e85aaee.jpg

• I like it 5

15 minutes ago, Razer91 said:

Found this open bottle of Booker's while digging through my whiskey closet. Still great after all these years IMG_20200522_205703.thumb.jpg.a608d855c81fbb8e73ce44345e85aaee.jpg

I can't believe you are using one of those glasses. It's definitely one of my favorites, mine has a BT product in it though.

IMG_20200522_211546.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mattk said:

I can't believe you are using one of those glasses. It's definitely one of my favorites, mine has a BT product in it though.

Nice glass! I found a couple of these at Goodwill a few years ago. They're really nice and solid; great for old fashioneds. 

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Many thanks for all the anniversary wishes. It’s much appreciated. FWIW, yes, the eagles landed. ?? Best to you and yours, and cheers to one and all. ?

Biba! Joe

Happy anniversary Joe! Keeping with the theme, I had a wee pour of CYPB (my 8 year anniversary bottle) and am now killing off a WSR store pick.  It’s a good night. 

• I like it 2

Feel like I am getting the Saturday Happy Hour started.  My son, who is home from NYC and staying with us until he can return, decided he would partake in a bourbon mixed drink with the wifey and I. 

I decided to make Cherry Manhattans.  Using a standard 100 proof FR single barrel, with Cocchi vermouth, Cherry Bitters, and a teaspoon of maraschino cherry syrup.  Just the right drink to whet the appetite before the grilled chicken get done.  Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of you.

20200523_173812[1].jpg

Edited by Richdel
  • I like it 5

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the long weekend.  EC18 is such a nice pour.  Wish it were readily available.   Cheers y’all.  

56B8BC91-2DA3-4397-A0D7-28D3BA0ECB83.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 5/22/2020 at 5:46 PM, LCWoody said:

I’m probably going to finish this bottle tonight. I have really enjoyed this bourbon and I will buy another, if I see one. 
Everyone have a great memorial day weekend. 

A3D9B87A-F5CB-4FCD-A48B-5A6934C48F0B.thumb.jpeg.d7d3b76e9601cd97e30dc83616daf00c.jpeg

very nice mgp

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 2

Even though I claim to have experienced some level of bourbon zen, I’m ashamed to say tonight was my first ever evening drinking EWBIB. Gotta say it’s pretty fantastic for $18. Nothing complex or challenging, but quality and quaffable, which is kind of what I was going for tonight. 

• I like it 5

I haven't had KCSB in a long time.  It's basically been empty shelf space in stores.  I found some today, just got the wax off.  No barrel information, but taste is the classic KC profile.  Tiny sips will be rewarded.  Shouldn't hurry with high proof, but I already knew that.

I had the nice 'problem' of deciding among the several sample bottles sent to me for my recent birthday by my Baby Boy, Gary.     

I went with a couple I haven't previously tried: Barrell Bourbon Batch 23, and Blood Oath Pact 6.   Even though the BO6 was lower ABV by about 4%, it came off as 'hot' to me, though the profile was decent, and fit into my usual preference for well-aged Bourbons, and it had a very nice finish.    I liked it in spite of the 'burn'.      The BB23 is also a long aged Bourbon, and drank easy for a 108-proofer; but it came with a kind of resinous (fresh-cut cedar-y?) note that I couldn't entirely get around.   That note was obvious fro mid-palate through the finish.    I still enjoyed 'em both; but, I doubt I'd pay the asking price for either.

• I like it 1

Last night’s pours. The BT was a PS my county did.

67EDB705-C39E-450A-B723-B5774339CCFF.jpeg

48A7D8A5-63D8-46A5-AB6E-4C0A63C65CC3.jpeg

Starting earlier than usual today with Baker's.  Nice profile and at a good proof.  Beam can make some good stuff.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.