What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just love these older EWSB that were around 10 years old.  To be frank, I have never bought one of the newer/younger versions, so I don't quite know how that would compare.  But I can't get behind giving up 3 years or so on the aging (and I know this hits the sweet spot for me).  Comes in handy when I want a great bourbon without the higher proof of so many bottles in my stable.

F2DED9C3-FEA0-4D6B-9D58-3F71E3F9F6EE.jpeg

Edited by jeffrey r
  • I like it 3

I’m pretty sure it’ll be something from BT tonight. I tried small pours of Larceny and EC last night, and neither were very good.

The first couple of pours from my current bottle of Larceny were okay, and I was hoping this would continue. Maybe not. It appears that a little air time may have hurt and not helped this bottle. Last night it had an off putting, almost sour, musty vegetal flavor. I didn’t fare any better with the EC. It came across slightly harsh and bitter, with a metallic flavor in the background.

I probably won’t be buying either of these again. I’ve had a few bottles of each now, and they just don’t seem to work for me any more. Oh well, I guess you can’t win ’em all. :mellow: Next! :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Joe - I think you're just feeling a little guilty for "cheating" on your bourbon spouse :) 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Joe - I think you're just feeling a little guilty for "cheating" on your bourbon spouse :) 

Hmmmmm.? Could give a whole new meaning to the term “two timer”. :D Make mine a double!

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Last night it had an off putting, almost sour, musty vegetal flavor. I didn’t fare any better with the EC. It came across slightly harsh and bitter, with a metallic flavor in the background.

Joe, based on the multiple number of stink eyes you’ve been reporting getting while going out in public, perhaps those sour, musty, bitter, and vegetal notes are not the booze??? ?

31 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Joe, based on the multiple number of stink eyes you’ve been reporting getting while going out in public, perhaps those sour, musty, bitter, and vegetal notes are not the booze??? ?

Hey, I never said I was a looker. ;) Besides, my thinking is that the mask helps. ? Am I wrong? :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Oh look, it’s Eagle ? Rare o’clock! ⏰ 

104B99F9-9158-40F9-8AA4-FD782D990750.jpeg

Edited by 0895
Yes, that is a big ass 1.75ml store pick!
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

You know, it took a good 15 seconds for your picture to load and the whole time I found myself really hoping you had an ER clock. 

People hate the ER 1.75 because of how big it is physically, but I love it.

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

You know, it took a good 15 seconds for your picture to load and the whole time I found myself really hoping you had an ER clock. 

it’s twice as good as a 750ml. ;)

I really wish I had an ER clock too...

Lately I have a pour of something 110+ proof when I come home from my 12 hr shift treating covid patients at the hospital, & tonight its again the RRSB "Creampie" pic from Antioch. Last pour of this real nice pic from last year. They say the virus takes a couple days to work its way down into the lungs, so one must kill that shit in the throat before it gets there. I know one great way to do this. Tomorrow will have to be A120 or a KCSB 15 thats freshly cracked. 

This Turkey has an intense finish. Real big but not really hot, lotsa cinnamon & leather, & a sweet leather that just lingers! RIP!

• I like it 6

3 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Lately I have a pour of something 110+ proof when I come home from my 12 hr shift treating covid patients at the hospital, & tonight its again the RRSB "Creampie" pic from Antioch. Last pour of this real nice pic from last year. They say the virus takes a couple days to work its way down into the lungs, so one must kill that shit in the throat before it gets there. I know one great way to do this. Tomorrow will have to be A120 or a KCSB 15 thats freshly cracked. 

Please don’t tell the President that bourbon works against the Covid, as you say.  He may start drinking it to help, and then all hell is gonna break loose, again!!  ?.  

Let us know on that A120!

15 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Please don’t tell the President that bourbon works against the Covid, as you say.  He may start drinking it to help, and then all hell is gonna break loose, again!!  ?.  

Let us know on that A120!

cracked that A120 about 10 days ago. Its good. Tho somewhat hot like any ECBP, this one is really rich. Tons of flavor to compete with heat. Stock up on this one while its around! (as long as they are not reaming ya for it)

6 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

cracked that A120 about 10 days ago. Its good. Tho somewhat hot like any ECBP, this one is really rich. Tons of flavor to compete with heat. Stock up on this one while its around! (as long as they are not reaming ya for it)

Reaming comes with the territory, these days...  ?. A richness in a BP that can overcome the sheer heat of the high ABV is definitely a bell ringer for me.  Good to hear that this release does it for you.  I’ll keep an eye out for it.  ??

12 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

Same for me last night. Breaking in a new glass and actually my first glencairn. It’s bigger brother has been my favorite glass.

39037476-9F6C-46FE-9AD1-0536737EDB79.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m pretty sure it’ll be something from BT tonight. I tried small pours of Larceny and EC last night, and neither were very good.

The first couple of pours from my current bottle of Larceny were okay, and I was hoping this would continue. Maybe not. It appears that a little air time may have hurt and not helped this bottle. Last night it had an off putting, almost sour, musty vegetal flavor. I didn’t fare any better with the EC. It came across slightly harsh and bitter, with a metallic flavor in the background.

I probably won’t be buying either of these again. I’ve had a few bottles of each now, and they just don’t seem to work for me any more. Oh well, I guess you can’t win ’em all. :mellow: Next! :P

Biba! Joe

From Tuesday. :(

Biba! Joe

DSC_0003.jpeg

20 hours ago, 0895 said:

19 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

18 hours ago, 0895 said:

it’s twice as good as a 750ml. ;)

I really wish I had an ER clock too...

6 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Same for me last night. Breaking in a new glass and actually my first glencairn. It’s bigger brother has been my favorite glass.

Sorry, I'm really not trying to rub it in or anything. Sometimes folks post things that inspire me. That's when I get to thinkin'. :unsure: I'll be having a couple of Eagle pours this evening.Tomorrow is my 38th anniversary, so why not. FWIW, my wonderful wife says it sure feels like it's been longer than that. :wub:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0014.jpeg

DSC_0010.jpeg

DSC_0007.jpeg

• I like it 8

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Tomorrow is my 38th anniversary, so why not. FWIW, my wonderful wife says it sure feels like it's been longer than that. :wub:

Biba! Joe

Your wife is a sweetheart Joe. As we've said many times, we both married well above our pay grade. Congratulations on 38 years!

(I don't have an ER10 101, but this occasion seems like a great excuse to open a WLW)

• I like it 3

Not an ER (this time), nor a WLW (as if I had one!), but a Weller product.  Sitting on the deck anticipating grilling some Demonico's, listening to the kids across the way screaming on the trampoline.

I would like to say it doesn't get any better then this, but I could do without the current noise pollution.  Cheers on your 38th.  In a couple of weeks, we will celebrate our 33rd.

20200521_171510[1].jpg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sorry, I'm really not trying to rub it in or anything. Sometimes folks post things that inspire me. That's when I get to thinkin'. :unsure: I'll be having a couple of Eagle pours this evening.Tomorrow is my 38th anniversary, so why not. FWIW, my wonderful wife says it sure feels like it's been longer than that. :wub:

Biba! Joe

Congratulations ( day early, but what the heck?)!     38-years is a great run... and counting!    Good for both of ya!    As I tell people occasionally; "Gayle and have had 24-happy and fulfilling years... don't ask about the other 24!"

KIDDING!!!!    I too, married well above my pay grade; but don't tell Gayle... she might change her mind about all of it.     

KIDDING !!!!(Again)    . . . I think.....

• I like it 1

Happy anniversary!  Wife and I celebrated 39 years together in April.  It was the best decision I ever made.  The verdict is still out for her.  
I’m trying out a new glass with some MMRC6.  

3570BEFD-305B-4A23-A826-967532A8859B.jpeg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Your wife is a sweetheart Joe. As we've said many times, we both married well above our pay grade. Congratulations on 38 years!

(I don't have an ER10 101, but this occasion seems like a great excuse to open a WLW)

Cheers to you and Dawn!!

2015 WLW.jpg

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0014.jpeg

DSC_0010.jpeg

DSC_0007.jpeg

Anyone who has been married 38 years deserves whatever pour they enjoy.  Being married that long is a blessing.  My wife and I celebrate our 33rd later this year. An early Happy Anniversary to you!  May you enjoy a great day!

• I like it 1

44 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Cheers to you and Dawn!!

2015 WLW.jpg

Nice pour and a nice toast to a friend!  

Went for a run tonight.  Came home and painted my bedroom.  Now, enjoying a couple of pours of KCSB while watching Last Dance.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.