What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 hours ago, mal00768 said:

I snagged my first bottle of 4R Small Batch Select.

Interested to know what you think once you open it.  I like it, but not at $20 above the regular SmB.

11 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Interested to know what you think once you open it.  I like it, but not at $20 above the regular SmB.

Here’s what I think after spending some time with it. At $60 I’ll walk by this every day of the week for a RR Sib pick. Probably for 3 bottles of WT 101 too. But I’d grab a bottle of the 4R Select over any Weller pick. The rye spice just jingles my jubblies in all the right ways.

I bought a CEHT SmB the other day. I never made a point of having it on hand when it was available every day, but for $45 it was worth grabbing one when I saw it.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, evasive said:

I bought a CEHT SmB the other day. I never made a point of having it on hand when it was available every day, but for $45 it was worth grabbing one when I saw it.

One of my absolute favorites.  Tough to beat.  I'll always have a few bottles around.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, evasive said:

I typically buy when I see.  Very solid whiskey for the price.  

• I like it 5

6 hours ago, evasive said:

picked one up today myself for $45

I just picked up my first OGD 114 - wow was I impressed for the price point..    $29.99 is a great MSRP for  what this Beam product punches at.

I really like the rye undertones.

• I like it 2

I've been off the board, but thought you'd like to know that I'm safely 'holed up' with Mary Ann and Ginger on Gilligan's Island!  

We've got plenty of essentials, including multiple handles of Turkey 101 and OF Sig! 

Oh yes, and a bottle of the latest batch of ECBP just happened to wash up on shore today!  ;)

Stay thirsty, my friends, and I hope you and yours are safe and healthy. 

Now, back to battery conservation mode! ;)

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 7

10 hours ago, Paddy said:

I've been off the board, but thought you'd like to know that I'm safely 'holed up' with Mary Ann and Ginger on Gilligan's Island!  

We've got plenty of essentials, including multiple handles of Turkey 101 and OF Sig! 

Oh yes, and a bottle of the latest batch of ECBP just happened to wash up on shore today!  ;)

Stay thirsty, my friends, and I hope you and yours are safe and healthy. 

Now, back to battery conservation mode! ;)

Since you're there with both of them I have to ask the obvious question.  Mary Ann or Ginger?:D

36 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Since you're there with both of them I have to ask the obvious question.  Mary Ann or Ginger?:D

The obvious answer is Yes!

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, parksmart said:

The obvious answer is Yes!

Cop out!  You have to choose.  For me, it's Mary Ann, no question.  Ginger would be all worried about messing up her hair or makeup.  Mary Ann . . . she'd rock your world. :D

• I like it 3

48 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Cop out!  You have to choose.  For me, it's Mary Ann, no question.  Ginger would be all worried about messing up her hair or makeup.  Mary Ann . . . she'd rock your world. :D

Ginger for me.  I have a visceral response to redheads...... ?

On 4/5/2020 at 10:57 AM, Whiskeythink.com said:

Drove out to the family cabin with my son for the weekend. Had a taste for turkey, so while in town grabbing groceries while we hunker down, I picked up this '13 WT101. Havent had a WT101 open since last summer (tho I have gone thru some excellent WTKS), & this one seems a tad fruitier. Looking forward to it opening up more!

20200405_092826.jpg

How can you tell it's a '13? 

• I like it 1

Very Old Barton 100proof.  Have never seen VOB here in CA but it popped up on K&L's web site so I ordered a bottle.  Seems to be a crowd favorite here so I'm looking forward to trying it.  It was only $14.99 so not a big risk... 

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Ginger is scotch, Mary Ann is bourbon.

I am surprised no one mentioned Mrs. Powell.  Old rich chicks can be quite appreciative.  Thurston was obviously more interested in the stock market.  I read somewhere she liked to swim in the nude and invented an ice cream diet.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

laser etched numbers

https://rarebird101.com/bottle-codes/

Thanks!

That is really cool.  Now I'm going to look at those.  According to the code, my handle was bottled on January 7, 2015.  

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Excited for this one! Sister picked it up at her local store for me. 

A792A082-1EB4-43C6-96F8-9707C4FDE02B.jpeg

• I like it 7

A Kentuckian friend of mine picked these up for me a month,  or so, ago.  I just picked them up.  These are 3 of my favorite, reasonably priced bottles.

20200411_113110.jpg

• I like it 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

How can you tell it's a '13? 

From the stamped data code on the bottle.

I just picked up a WTKS pic from last year, so Im ready to dive into a comparison of the WTKS pic, a '19 RRSB pic, that '13 WT 101, & a '01 WT101

• I like it 1

Finally picked my order up from my LS today, curbside of course. Not pictured is the OGD BIB that wouldn't fit in the closet so had to stay in the Jeep.

IMG_2682.jpg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.