What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Just for clarification..... when you say "for the ride home" are you saying you cracked it open and drank it out of the bottle on your way home like you would a beer? :D

Veddy tempting, but no.  ?

3 hours ago, parksmart said:

Veddy tempting, but no.  ?

Pics to prove it???????  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Bought a bottle of EC BP B520 for $55, lowest i ever paid for any of the releases

• I like it 4

Based on a whim to try keeping a bottle in the freezer for summertime  refreshment, I picked up a bottle of EW1783. I may go even further by trying a suggestion that I freeze a small measure of water in a glass before I pour out my treat. I'll try some well worn Crown Royal glasses that have sloped sides on the untested idea that they will be less susceptible to cracking caused by the expansion of water turning into ice. It's not a study in rocket science, it's just drinking bourbon.

• I like it 1

I bought a bottle of KC 12yr, and a bottle of Bowman Bros SmB. My favorite LS has an email club and they offer tier 1 and tier 2 purchases. You have to buy both tiers to stay eligible.

Based on what was available and what I already had enough of, these were my picks. I've never tasted either, so I'm hoping for good things.

8 hours ago, yobber76 said:

I bought a bottle of KC 12yr, and a bottle of Bowman Bros SmB. My favorite LS has an email club and they offer tier 1 and tier 2 purchases. You have to buy both tiers to stay eligible.

Based on what was available and what I already had enough of, these were my picks. I've never tasted either, so I'm hoping for good things.

I really like the KC 12. It is fairly complex. I'm not a fan of the NAS KC but the extra time really did this some good. However, availability seems to have dried up for me recently. I've heard conflicting reports between continuing distribution or a limited release.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:18 PM, fishn101 said:

Got lucky... I’ve been hunting cigar blend for awhile! I left two on the shelf, so hopefully bourbon karma will come through. 

64E138BB-40F8-40DF-9E40-7385B63A3C58.jpeg

@fishn101, what batch of Cigar Blend is that? If I know the batch, I can give you some insider information about it if you like. ??

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 3

On 3/20/2020 at 10:54 AM, GTStagg said:

I'm a sucker for barrel proof/cask strength, and have not tried this one yet. 

20200320_114407.jpg

What is the age on those supposed to be? Is it all MGP still or is it partially Greenbrier distillate? 

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

What is the age on those supposed to be? Is it all MGP still or is it partially Greenbrier distillate? 

The back label says distilled in Indiana so MGP.  According to K&L, it's a blend of 7 to 11yo barrels.

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

The back label says distilled in Indiana so MGP.  According to K&L, it's a blend of 7 to 11yo barrels.

Wonder how similar to Remus Reserve it is.. which is 10-12 MGP

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Wonder how similar to Remus Reserve it is.. which is 10-12 MGP

I would say the Remus is significantly better, but that’s just IMO.

• I like it 3

On 6/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Sorry about the Woodinville.  I have never tried it. But, the MMPS should help ease the disappointment. 

Was the MMPS worth it? I saw this batch at the same store earlier this week. Also wondering how it works with picking the staves for this batch. Any idea?

Actually, it was yesterday when I bought two bottles of Beam Distillers Cut at the Louisville Total Wines. It is (was?) a limited release so I am wondering if this is a new limited release or the old one that they had stashed away for about a year or are they periodically re-releasing it.? I'm a fan.

Also, as long as I was there, I asked if they had any Blanton's. It's been three years since I saw a bottle. The helpful young woman pointed me to the Black Ridge. "It's from the same distiller and has the same mashbill. Plus it has out ranked Blanton's in blind test tastes." I didn't argue with her. But really? REALLY? Even if it tastes better to blind tasters and is one third the price, I just have to have another little horsey for my collection.

Sorry, That was dumb. Just noticed I posted under the Spring instead of the Summer iteration of What did you purchase today? But I'm too damn lazy to repost.

On 6/16/2020 at 7:04 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I firmly believe ET will be in good hands with Saz/BT....

....I think the Covid-19 pandemic threw the proverbial monkey wrench into the works. (Ditto almost everyone and everything.)

At least it looks like they didn't miss a September wheater distillation month!

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs PG heard rumors that some seasonal pumpkin beers were showing up at the liquor stores so I wasn't too difficult to be persuaded into a "packy run".  I might even have suggested it myself. So while the Mrs was looking for her beer, I headed straight to the whiskey. A 1.75L of ECNAS was waiting for my attention at $49, not a great price but the 750s were $28 so it hit my thrift buttons and it went into the basket. Just a few steps away on a rye shelf was a 1L WTR101 at $38. It was the first time I had seen those bottles on the either side of the KS-MO state line in over a year so the EC soon had company for the trip to the checkout counter. There's no law or mandate that says that whiskey bottles have to practice social distancing at this time.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.