Some good news-Lynchburg, TN

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

At a time when hospitals across the globe are running low on personal protective equipment (PPE) due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) has been on the receiving end of numerous generous donations, large and small, from the corporate, non-profit and academic sectors.

• Jack Daniels Distillery, the manufacturer of the top-selling American whiskey based in Lynchburg, Tennessee, donated four 55-gallon drums of sanitizer.
  • In collaborative efforts to expand our cleaning and disinfection supplies, VUMC has approved a generic cleaning and disinfection spray produced locally in Lynchburg, TN. This product is composed of 80% alcohol and can be used on a variety of surfaces and medical equipment.

Entire article is here.

• I like it 4

there’s more cool info about it but didnt know how much im allowed to copy and paste. Thanks JD for your contribution! 
I’m sure they were just as generous to other area hospitals!

• I like it 1

Just copy and paste the link.  I think that's acceptable.  If not the Big Kahuna will let you know.

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

Providing a link is fine.

Internal password required

Niece is on the COVID floor as a nurse at Vandy Hospital. She is sell quarantined and missed by family and fiancée. We pray for her continued safety till this crisis averts. I'm sure her and her counterparts are glad to rub themselves down in JD.  She has relayed some good news however about certain medicines that are showing strong antidotal evidence of being a strong combative to the virus. Plus, as of mid-week bed count stable to slightly declining. Of course that could reverse but I hope the medical community continues to see more success's.  

• I like it 9

Wow! Move this off front page because JD is  not “bourbon”. That is the definition of petty. 

48 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Wow! Move this off front page because JD is  not “bourbon”. That is the definition of petty. 

Actually, that's the definition of taxonomy and morphology.

3 minutes ago, jbutler said:

Actually, that's the definition of taxonomy and morphology.

Well i guess i wont win this one. Just hit me wrong.

Thanks for the video!  

He mentioned some smaller craft places that were doing this . I think I read where corsair distillery  was doing this a couple weeks ago too. 

Good news from Buffalo Trace as well. Everyone who is a "Friends of the Trace" member should have received this email today. I've included the link to their bottling line as well:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/l932jqc99zyedb1/Hand Sanitizer Bottling at Buffalo Trace Distillery.MOV?dl=0

Hi Gary,

Hope you are doing well.

We wanted to share some news with you about our community support program, producing hand sanitizer, who would ever have thought it possible!

On Friday, March 27, we produced our first batch of hand sanitizer at Buffalo Trace for some of the world’s largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharmacy, and banking industries.

Many of these organizations are desperate, as supplies have dwindled amid the COVID-19 crisis, and in response, our workforce has stepped up to meet this significant challenge in addition to continuing to produce many of the world’s best whiskeys and spirits. As such, we are thrilled to be adding production capacity to cope with the massive demand. 

We have received requests to date for more than five million bottles of sanitizer, which we are working flat out to meet, and possibly more, across our sister sites in North America.

If you know of a cause in need please have them register here: https://forms.gle/ywtypRX5iDqBHbMS7 and someone from the Trace will follow up.

Here’s a photo of our first batch of hand sanitizer off our bottling line.

image.png.0716b7a39e9c204f409fda312bf51e97.png

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.