Chicken Cock Straight Rye

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another new whiskey I'd love to buy but won't:

https://www.gobourbon.com/chicken-cock-straight-rye-made-in-collaboration-with-bardstown-bourbon-company-is-hitting-shelves-soon/

It's very disheartening to see a product come out that you'd like to support, but the price tag makes you thumb your nose at it. This isn't nearly as bad as what Peerless did a couple of years ago but still, retail of around $70 for a minimum 2yr old rye that comes in at 90 proof? This could very well be the best rye whiskey ever made but I'll never know it because I refuse to pay that kind of money for something so young.

BBCo is an immaculate facility and I wish them well, but unfortunately everything I've seen that comes out of there is priced sky high.

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Another new whiskey I'd love to buy but won't:

https://www.gobourbon.com/chicken-cock-straight-rye-made-in-collaboration-with-bardstown-bourbon-company-is-hitting-shelves-soon/

It's very disheartening to see a product come out that you'd like to support, but the price tag makes you thumb your nose at it. This isn't nearly as bad as what Peerless did a couple of years ago but still, retail of around $70 for a minimum 2yr old rye that comes in at 90 proof? This could very well be the best rye whiskey ever made but I'll never know it because I refuse to pay that kind of money for something so young.

BBCo is an immaculate facility and I wish them well, but unfortunately everything I've seen that comes out of there is priced sky high.

Yeah........that's some supreme bullshit.

Wait a minute, they "crafted" a 95% rye?  I know where you can get that one in bulk with a phone call.

• I like it 5

8 hours ago, squire said:

Wait a minute, they "crafted" a 95% rye?  I know where you can get that one in bulk with a phone call.

Yeah good point, "crafted" ... often a red flag right there.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.