What water of life did you purchase - Spring/Summer 2020

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Deliveries are taking longer (so not sure when they'll arrive), but bought another Redbreast 12yr CS for $64 (w/ free shipping) and as I'd just sampled and loved the CB No Name V2, added one of those.  Justified that being no April trip to Kentucky, I wouldn't be making any purchases there :)  

• I like it 1

On 4/17/2020 at 4:58 AM, GaryT said:

Deliveries are taking longer (so not sure when they'll arrive), but bought another Redbreast 12yr CS for $64 (w/ free shipping) and as I'd just sampled and loved the CB No Name V2, added one of those.  Justified that being no April trip to Kentucky, I wouldn't be making any purchases there :)  

Yeah you did!

• I like it 1

In preparation for a virtual tasting event this evening sponsored by Brown-Forman…

IMG_4328.thumb.jpg.920da5b723cd8746450062c12ca70180.jpg

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, Auracom said:

supplies

B1EB8EC1-F709-4627-BA0F-EB16CA9428C1.thumb.jpeg.8c0975d041fede15ebf61c6dbca0b630.jpeg

Looks like some choice WhiskyBase action-- I love the labels on The Ultimate series. Have fun with these!

• I like it 1

House-cleaning at the distributor unearthed this 2016 release at a deep discount. Guess they were making room for all of the bottles originally slated for the on-premise…

IMG_4373.thumb.jpg.bb90ce18ae323789e243b99218cc7426.jpg

• I like it 3

Double dead distillery day with Dallas Dhu…

IMG_4403.thumb.jpg.74fac43c89d5722b17ca555cebcc0866.jpg

• I like it 2

Still picking up bottles that have been lingering of shelves for years-- nothing new seems to be making its way through.

IMG_4433.thumb.jpg.df1ae72086c53f2bf5776d4fd15af59c.jpg

• I like it 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:08 AM, Marekv8 said:

This one was a tough find Stateside…

IMG_4417.thumb.jpg.f58fe0bb5477c99679564b0c1e3d5698.jpg

Fairly certain Bayway had one for a while.

13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Fairly certain Bayway had one for a while.

Looks like they still do, albeit significantly spendier. Although I've patronized Bayway via mail order over the years, I've never made it to their physical location-- is it an interesting store?

• I like it 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, Marekv8 said:

Looks like they still do, albeit significantly spendier. Although I've patronized Bayway via mail order over the years, I've never made it to their physical location-- is it an interesting store?

It's certainly interesting that it exists where it does, they historically have had a pretty great selection and very good Bourbon/Rye store picks but that in my opinion is trending in the wrong direction. Their selection of interesting Malts, particularly if spendy doesn't offend, is still very good. 

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

It's certainly interesting that it exists where it does, they historically have had a pretty great selection and very good Bourbon/Rye store picks but that in my opinion is trending in the wrong direction. Their selection of interesting Malts, particularly if spendy doesn't offend, is still very good. 

Thanks for the details-- sounds like my kind of place and very similar to one of my must-stops in Connecticut. They've been very pleasant as professional to deal with long distance, so I've always wanted to stop by in person to thank them.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Thanks for the details-- sounds like my kind of place and very similar to one of my must-stops in Connecticut. They've been very pleasant as professional to deal with long distance, so I've always wanted to stop by in person to thank them.

Yeah it has been a great place I do think though that Pat who was kind of the driving force behind their whiskey program was on the cusp of retirement, @El Vino or @KyleCBreese probably know better than I do at this point

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Should be interesting…

IMG_4548.jpg

Looking to pick one of these up myself. Apparently it won't be here in the UK until July, with the "current situation". Quite how that works out I'm sure I don't know. 

18 hours ago, beasled said:

Looking to pick one of these up myself. Apparently it won't be here in the UK until July, with the "current situation". Quite how that works out I'm sure I don't know. 

I would recommend passing. Given the proof and age this should be eye-watering, but it’s cocktail fodder at best. Back to my baby Talisker. 

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I would recommend passing. Given the proof and age this should be eye-watering, but it’s cocktail fodder at best. Back to my baby Talisker. 

That's a shame, thanks for the heads up!

On 5/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, beasled said:

Master of Malt had the Laphroaig down to £56.95. Rude not to. 

20200519_145037.jpg

I need to grab a few of those Laphroaig CS's, not because I don't have others but March 19th is my Birthday, hopefully when things settle out there are some on the shelves. 

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I need to grab a few of those Laphroaig CS's, not because I don't have others but March 19th is my Birthday, hopefully when things settle out there are some on the shelves. 

Well if an excuse were needed then that's a good one! The latest batch has just landed, as it happens. 60.1%. 

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, DRAMachine said:

61E83D34-A8B9-4603-B08E-0E10B002CAC7.jpeg

9169EFE8-6CF4-477E-A1D5-6C43FCD5A48B.jpeg

Brought to you by the makers of White Claw… I need to try this one-- at least it carries an age statement.

A Hiram Walker era 10 year for the price of a 2020 model-- and to top it off, a pair of ancient Ballantine's Finest (scruffy labels, but otherwise perfect) for a dollar each. No ABV statement on the blends, or really much info at all.

IMG_4587.thumb.jpg.9f032fadc3cefdf7b3ee48e551f1e488.jpg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.