What Dram Are You Enjoying Spring/Summer 2020

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did a blind-bottle grab in the cabinet and came up with CB The Spaniard.  Wow - been a while since I've poured this one, and can't for the life of me think of why.  Definitely on the sweeter side, but some incredible richness of flavor for 43%.  A fine way to kick off a (likely short) Friday night.  Cheers SB!

• I like it 1

This may beat Little Book III as Beam-Suntory's most interesting new release… I've never had a Canadian like it.

IMG_4277.thumb.jpg.468e0e6a9fb58b35f457d265a4ed5948.jpg

• I like it 3

I like everything about this one-- going back in time with an extremely well done Tomatin-forward blend… the grain component seems very recessive, and wow-- what a finish.

IMG_4272.thumb.jpg.ebdf36fe471973ecce3dfaaeef5d613a.jpg

• I like it 1

I polished off the remainder of my first bottle of Loch Lomond on Thursday night.  I have to say, I quite enjoyed it.  I'm the novice malt drinker.  I've been reading what you guys post, and watching Ralfy reviews.  I've compiled a short buy list.  Finding that stuff is another story.  Then again, Ralfy is in the U.K.  I'm not opposed to blends either, if they are good.

• I like it 1

The ultimate difficult bar call: Ainneamh Allt-a-Bhainne Double Deuce…

IMG_4275.thumb.jpg.088b5ab27da7e25904cbf5e86c3b5bf8.jpg

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

The ultimate difficult bar call: Ainneamh Allt-a-Bhainne Double Deuce…

IMG_4275.thumb.jpg.088b5ab27da7e25904cbf5e86c3b5bf8.jpg

That’s what you got back in the day at 2AM after a night of drinking when you slurringly ordered an Ancient Ancient Age 10 yr... ?

• I like it 2

Well, it’s low 50’s and has been dreary rain most of the day, so crossing over to where this type of weather is more warmly tolerated.  Compass Box Spice Tree is right on message for that.  The honey  notes really soothe this whiskey’s boldness.  You know, I might be needing to fire up the pipe with this pour.  A little Captain Black  in the bowl seems like it could be a perfect match...

DE1D65DA-6F20-4FB7-923F-185E12A28FEA.jpeg

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Well, it’s low 50’s and has been dreary rain most of the day, so crossing over to where this type of weather is more warmly tolerated.  Compass Box Spice Tree is right on message for that.  The honey  notes really soothe this whiskey’s boldness.  You know, I might be needing to fire up the pipe with this pour.  A little Captain Black  in the bowl seems like it could be a perfect match...

DE1D65DA-6F20-4FB7-923F-185E12A28FEA.jpeg

We are so aligned on this bottle. No surprise, brothers and all.

Birthday lunch alone at the office. Nothing befits an old man like an old man's Scotch. Maybe I'll scooter over to the Lincoln dealership later.

IMG_4335.thumb.jpg.21ab8d64536276c7665d929f9b86eeaf.jpg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Birthday lunch alone at the office. Nothing befits an old man like an old man's Scotch. Maybe I'll scooter over to the Lincoln dealership later.

IMG_4335.thumb.jpg.21ab8d64536276c7665d929f9b86eeaf.jpg

That is some old man scotch indeed. My old man would have loved it. Although he was more of a Caddy kind of guy!

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

That is some old man scotch indeed. My old man would have loved it. Although he was more of a Caddy kind of guy!

Somebody with the keys to the choice Strathisla and Longhorn casks headed this one up. However— the Cutty Sark Tam O’Shanter 25yo is still my top pick age-stated blend. 

14 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Somebody with the keys to the choice Strathisla and Longhorn casks headed this one up. However— the Cutty Sark Tam O’Shanter 25yo is still my top pick age-stated blend. 

Really?  I’m going to have to dig that one out of the bunker and open her up based on high praise like that.

I was supposed to be at the Laguardia Delta Club right now-- so an appropriate toast to better times ahead…

IMG_4344.thumb.jpg.4e1316662740369fbce6f6664fbf5919.jpg

• I like it 3

On 4/26/2020 at 4:31 PM, beasled said:

20200426_211924.jpg

I love the old-timey look of that bottle!

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I love the old-timey look of that bottle!

Me too Joe. I hate to be swayed by packaging but sometimes you just can't help it. It's a good looking bottle. Thankfully the stuff on the inside is good too!

Ron Swanson is on the TV, Lagavulin is in the glass,  glad to escape reality for a half hour. 

• I like it 3

I don't want to clutter up the place with a new topic, so.................... Has anyone tried/tasted Abosolo Mexican Corn whisky? I'm intrigued, and I'd love to try it.

Abasolo.jpg

• I like it 1

On 5/1/2020 at 2:00 AM, kevinbrink said:

Ron Swanson is on the TV, Lagavulin is in the glass,  glad to escape reality for a half hour. 

Hope you and yours are keeping well, sir. 

• I like it 1

Couple of interesting indies… wish I could find more wacky Fettercairns.

IMG_4405.thumb.jpg.bebde3a3a2cd125c1dde5e64b57ef5bf.jpg

IMG_4406.thumb.jpg.83046bf66154df0640588ee921d1f574.jpg

Stepped out of my bourbon box tonight and having a Damn good pour of Yamazaki 18y Malt. A mighty fine whiskey. 
BF3794B9-43EC-401E-BFA0-93E52FF48D88.thumb.jpeg.a5607f1281354c128ae7095353ed2e83.jpeg

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, beasled said:

Hope you and yours are keeping well, sir. 

Thanks same to you and yours, my grandmother who is in her 90's tested positive nearly two weeks ago and is still holding up despite a rough patch earlier this week. Hoping for the best for everyone. 

9 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Thanks same to you and yours, my grandmother who is in her 90's tested positive nearly two weeks ago and is still holding up despite a rough patch earlier this week. Hoping for the best for everyone. 

Sorry to hear that, hope she kicks it's ass! All the best buddy. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.