Ritual

Clueby
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Haven't seen this particular brand, but over the last eight years or so I have assembled a short library of non-alcoholic "mocktail" recipe books.  My wife and I both had surgeries circa 2012 that kept us off alcohol for several months.  We worked our way through about 100 or so recipes and found maybe 5 that satisfied the cocktail itch.  The "base" ingredient was usually the problem - not enough body, too sweet, too sticky, too Shirley Temple-like.  Having a "base" that corrects some of these would be nice.  I keep in practice making those five or so and also keep searching for new ones as we have lots of relatives in (a) active (and enthusiastic!)  child bearing age and (b) exotic disease/medical condition/meds age who cannot/should not consume alcohol for long periods of time as well as a few who don't imbibe.   For large gatherings, I usually make two batches of alcohol base "punch" (a whiskey and a gin) and one non-alcohol.

RE:  the ritual - not sure I need a bottle as the "punches" are in pitchers with signs identifying the base and telling how much ice and how much and which mixer to add to the base portion.

I guess I could put out the bottles so everybody could see them.  Not sure in our extended family how necessary that is, though.  They are more interested in consuming than in deconstructing.

I noticed they only talk about using this in cocktails, no mention of it being a sipping whiskey. How big of a red flag is that?? But hey, at least it "delivers the taste and burn of good whiskey" ? 

There’s no mention of shelf life, but if it’s anything like the Seedlip gin replacements— it’s super short lived without the alcohol to pickle/preserve the components. 

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

There’s no mention of shelf life, but if it’s anything like the Seedlip gin replacements— it’s super short lived without the alcohol to pickle/preserve the components. 

I was curious and read the entire Q&A. They say it's good for up to 6 months.

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, flahute said:

I was curious and read the entire Q&A. They say it's good for up to 6 months.

Not bad, especially for on-premise accounts that turn bottles rapidly. Most accounts have at least a couple of non-alc cocktails on offer. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.