Old Carter Bourbon

ptman2000
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone have any feedback about Old Carter Bourbon?

i saw some at a normal haunt and looked it up online. 

generally positive reviews but very pricy. 

any thoughts would be appreciated!

Edited by ptman2000

It is a little pricey, but it’s really good whiskey/bourbon. To me they have just enough funky/different taste that it makes it worth the investment. 

• 2 weeks later...

What about the straight ryes? I have a shot at a fairly large bunch of the newest releases at MSRP. I'm pretty excited.

Looks like you are close to me!

i just picked up a bottle of American whiskey and batch 5 bourbon from my local store. 

both at retail!!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ptman2000 said:

EDE2D222-74EE-4DD7-B29B-E3CEE1E1380A.jpeg

Have you opened one and tried it yet?

Isn't this just more sourced MGP whiskey? Apparently very pricey sourced MGP whiskey. What am I missing?

10 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Isn't this just more sourced MGP whiskey? Apparently very pricey sourced MGP whiskey. What am I missing?

Good mgp can be very good, plus hype... My favorite bottle of all time is a lock stock and barrel 13, which is an ADL. I find them on old back shelves and happily pay around $120 for them every time I see one.

Kentucky owl, wp, Templeton 10, redemption 10... Many more I'm sure. All tasty mgps fore more than you'd think.

56 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Good mgp can be very good, plus hype... My favorite bottle of all time is a lock stock and barrel 13, which is an ADL. I find them on old back shelves and happily pay around $120 for them every time I see one.

Whatever works for you is all that matters. Personally, I won't spend big $$ with a NDP.

• I like it 2

32 minutes ago, Vosgar said:
33 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Whatever works for you is all that matters. Personally, I won't spend big $$ with a NDP.

I just know what I like?

On 4/25/2020 at 11:02 PM, ptman2000 said:

Does anyone have any feedback about Old Carter Bourbon?

i saw some at a normal haunt and looked it up online. 

generally positive reviews but very pricy. 

any thoughts would be appreciated!

Yep the bourbon is good.  Now the 12 yr American Whiskey is very good, and so are the ryes from Old Carter

11 hours ago, Mattk said:

Kentucky owl, wp, Templeton 10, redemption 10... Many more I'm sure. All tasty mgps fore more than you'd think.

I don't believe the Kentucky Owl is MGP.  All of KO's stuff has been specifically Kentucky Bourbon; without it being a Kentucky source, they couldn't call it that.  A lot of people speculate multiple sources, including Four Roses, Barton, and Heaven Hill.  I have liked everything I've had from KO; blending barrels from multiple sources yields flavor profiles you wouldn't expect.

The latest Old Carter bourbons are Dickel sourced, if I remember reading correctly.  The mash bill I read was Dickel, 100%.  That would also explain the lack of KSBW on the label...

56 minutes ago, Bourbon_Watcher_84 said:

I don't believe the Kentucky Owl is MGP.  All of KO's stuff has been specifically Kentucky Bourbon; without it being a Kentucky source, they couldn't call it that.  A lot of people speculate multiple sources, including Four Roses, Barton, and Heaven Hill.  I have liked everything I've had from KO; blending barrels from multiple sources yields flavor profiles you wouldn't expect.

The latest Old Carter bourbons are Dickel sourced, if I remember reading correctly.  The mash bill I read was Dickel, 100%.  That would also explain the lack of KSBW on the label...

I'm only referring to the ryes from these ndps

On 5/16/2020 at 6:55 AM, Mattk said:

I'm only referring to the ryes from these ndps

Kentucky Owl rye isn't MGP, at least not batch one.  My bottle says "Kentucky straight Rye Whiskey". 

5 hours ago, fosmith said:

Kentucky Owl rye isn't MGP, at least not batch one.  My bottle says "Kentucky straight Rye Whiskey". 

Ok I stand corrected thanks I figured Carter got all just ryes from mgp

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.