Binny's Whiskey Wednesday Virtual Events

WhiskeyBlender
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi All:

After receiving some good natured prodding from @Vosgar and getting the green light from The Boss, I've decided to announce that along with J. Henry & Sons Bourbon out of Dane, WI, I will be featured on Binny's Whiskey Wednesday Virtual Event coming up next Wednesday, May 27th. Please see attachment below for details. 

I can't stress enough that this post is NOT an advertisement for J. Henry & Sons Bourbon (nor for any other distillery that I blend for, for that matter). However, I know a number of you love to nerd out on technical & production details and such here on the forum, so I thought it might be a good opportunity to be able to join the chat and ask questions, etc. In other words, it'll be a good educational opportunity and loads of fun too boot! 

For those of you that like malt, I'll be back on for another Whiskey Wednesday episode next month with Virginia Distillery Company. Stay tuned for the date. I think it's June 17th but that's not in stone yet. 

Whether or not you want to watch these particular episodes, you might want to stay tuned for some other cool upcoming episodes. Master Distiller Steve Nally of Bardstown Bourbon Co. was on yesterday (dang, I totally forgot and missed it!), New Riff co-founder Jay Erisman will be featured on June 3rd, and Woodinville Whiskey co-founders Brett Carlile and Orlin Sorenson will be featured on June 10th. Binny's has some really cool episodes lined up for a long quarantine summer season filled with at-home consumption! 

Cheers,

Nancy

P.S., again, the photo of the J. Henry & Sons Bourbon bottles is NOT meant as an advertisement, just letting folks know what the bottles look like. ??

https://www.binnys.com/virtual-events

IMG_4171.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 12

57 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hi All:

After receiving some good natured prodding from @Vosgar and getting the green light from The Boss, I've decided to announce that along with J. Henry & Sons Bourbon out of Dane, WI, I will be featured on Binny's Whiskey Wednesday Virtual Event coming up next Wednesday, May 27th. Please see attachment below for details. 

I can't stress enough that this post is NOT an advertisement for J. Henry & Sons Bourbon (nor for any other distillery that I blend for, for that matter). However, I know a number of you love to nerd out on technical & production details and such here on the forum, so I thought it might be a good opportunity to be able to join the chat and ask questions, etc. In other words, it'll be a good educational opportunity and loads of fun too boot! 

For those of you that like malt, I'll be back on for another Whiskey Wednesday episode next month with Virginia Distillery Company. Stay tuned for the date. I think it's June 17th but that's not in stone yet. 

Whether or not you want to watch these particular episodes, you might want to stay tuned for some other cool upcoming episodes. Master Distiller Steve Nally of Bardstown Bourbon Co. was on yesterday (dang, I totally forgot and missed it!), New Riff co-founder Jay Erisman will be featured on June 3rd, and Woodinville Whiskey co-founders Brett Carlile and Orlin Sorenson will be featured on June 10th. Binny's has some really cool episodes lined up for a long quarantine summer season filled with at-home consumption! 

Cheers,

Nancy

P.S., again, the photo of the J. Henry & Sons Bourbon bottles is NOT meant as an advertisement, just letting folks know what the bottles look like. ??

IMG_4171.jpg

This is awesome! I will check this out.

For those that don't know, I had the unique opportunity to pick a Magnus barrel with my local in DC and I made sure that Nancy would be a part of it. What a privilege to spend time with her and nerd out on all things whiskey.

• I like it 8

Awesome on both counts!  Nancy in a Binny's virtual event and Steve and Nancy making a barrel pick of Magnus.  We only grow corn in Indiana.  Well, sometimes we let people come here and race cars.

• I like it 2

Nancy's in-depth technical posts on SB have been amazing, allowing us to geek out on things we might not ever see anywhere else. What an incredible amount of knowledge she's shared! We're very fortunate to have her here and now we have an opportunity to see and listen to her speak about her work with a distillery.

Having participated in three of these Binny's virtual events, I can tell you they're interesting and a lot of fun. Brett, Pat and Joe from Binny's do a great job of moderating, asking good questions, taking questions from listeners/viewers and giving their guests plenty of time to talk. If you haven't Zoomed yet, download it, it's easy. Hell, even I managed to do it :P  

IMHO, having Nancy on this Binny's event will be stellar and well worth your time. Put it on your calendar, let's support one of our own!

• I like it 9

• jbutler pinned this topic
On 5/21/2020 at 7:22 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hi All:

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_4171.jpg

Giving this a bump as a reminder for everyone. 5pm CDT ,Wednesday

What a crummy day to get stuck at work late....

Cheers anyway, Nancy.

Love reading your posts!

90B4AD4A-EB2F-4D53-8A0C-BDEC3DA9A8C0.jpeg

• I like it 1

Damnit! Got stuck in a meeting that went long and missed it! 

It was a wonderful event. Tons of information from a family run distillery that does everything right and has Nancy to help them in all aspects of producing the best products possible. This may be available to view at a later date on Binny's blogs. They've got a few older events already posted and I'm guessing they'll get this one on there sometime soon.

• I like it 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Hope it isn't inappropriate to mention this again, but for those of you that like single malt whisk(e)ys, I will be doing another Binny's "Whiskey Wednesday" virtual episode tomorrow afternoon at 5 pm CST. This time the distillery will be Virginia Distillery Company, and we'll be discussing their 100% in-house distilled malt, finished in Bourbon, Sherry, and Cuvee casks (i.e. "STR" barrels, or former European wine casks that have been shaved, toasted, and re-coopered). Before this, they had been sourcing their malt barrels from Scotland, and adding a small percentage of their own whisky into it. 

I've been working with them since 2016. Their 1st mentor was the famous Dr. Jim Swan, often known as "The Einstein of Whisky," who unfortunately died suddenly in 2017. I helped them with their maturation and blending program after his passing. 

At any rate, it should be a great educational opportunity for those that would like to learn more about malt whisk(e)y production. 

Sláinte!

Nancy

IMG_4326.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.