Ancient Age 90

Three quarks
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This definitely meets the "Cost/Benefit Ratio." BT Mash Bill #2 (i.e., ETL, BSB, RHF, et al.). For $10, you can't beat it! Very Happy with this purchase! ?

IMG_20200522_173310153.jpg

Edited by Three quarks
  • I like it 1

I find Ancient Ancient Age 10-Star to be a better pour than AA90. Bother are great price though

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I used to buy that in KY.  Just curious, is there any age statement?

Yes, it has a disclaimer near the "bottle refund" section stating "aged at least 36 Months," but I can tell you it is much better than that.  I really like it! In fact, I am going to buy more! I am a Weller fan, and this has that texture.

Edited by Three quarks

On 5/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, clearmoon247 said:

I find Ancient Ancient Age 10-Star to be a better pour than AA90. Bother are great price though

I just finished of a bottle of AA10* that made it's way here from KY. You definitely get the MB2 DNA.

• I like it 1

On 5/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, Three quarks said:

Yes, it has a disclaimer near the "bottle refund" section stating "aged at least 36 Months," but I can tell you it is much better than that.  I really like it! In fact, I am going to buy more! I am a Weller fan, and this has that texture.

That is what I recall seeing on the last bottle I saw.  My wife's late uncle, who I loved as my own, used to keep AA90 on his bar, even though he didn't drink later in life.  He bought me my last two bottles of AAA10 year old, one of which I still have.  I asked him to pick me up a bottle at Red Dot in Frankfort when he was coming up to visit my Mother-in-Law.  He bought two and gifted them to me.  I miss him and I miss the days when AAA10 were readily available.

• I like it 3

Count me as a big fan of AAA 10 *.  Nice cherry pie note.  Another 3 years in the rickhouse and it would be Blantons. 

1 hour ago, Bourbon Sabbath said:

Count me as a big fan of AAA 10 *.  Nice cherry pie note.  Another 3 years in the rickhouse and it would be Blantons. 

Or at least Elmer T Lee.

And if my aunt Edna had a mustache she’d be my uncle Frank!  ?

• I like it 3

On 5/26/2020 at 5:55 PM, smokinjoe said:

Speak for yourself! ?

On 5/26/2020 at 5:55 PM, smokinjoe said:

I think you're onto something, Joe. How about "If we had some bacon, we could have some bacon and eggs if we had some eggs"? Or "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas" Or....    Well, how 'bout somebody else chime in now with another "if" line? 

• I like it 1

Okay I’ll admit it. My aunt wore combat boots. 

She was in the Army 30+ years. ?

Biba! Joe

If this hamburger wasn’t ground and came from the same area of the cow, it would be just like this prime filet mignon!  

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

If this hamburger wasn’t ground and came from the same area of the cow, it would be just like this prime filet mignon!  

Actually, its a meatless burger using a secret formula. Wait, we are talking about bourbon, right? I'm confused.

Edited by Three quarks

8 hours ago, Flyfish said:

I think you're onto something, Joe. How about "If we had some bacon, we could have some bacon and eggs if we had some eggs"? Or "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas" Or....    Well, how 'bout somebody else chime in now with another "if" line? 

Love your second one.  Never heard it before, but definitely will use it.....

On 5/29/2020 at 6:49 PM, Three quarks said:

Speak for yourself! ?

edna?  Is that you?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.