Decanters

DanP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For my birthday this week (no worries, I’m like fine wine) I received a really nice Waterford decanter.  How in the hell do you decide which bourbon merits the decanter?!

I thought it over for a day or so before electing to fill it with BT.  My reasoning was that a) it wasn’t my only bottle of BT and b) the decanter is smaller than 750ml and I was about halfway through the bottle, so I was able to empty the bottle/fill the decanter.

But I’ve had second thoughts.  Maybe I should have gone with WT101 as I drink that at a higher frequency.  Then again, maybe I’ll only pour from the decanter for guests.

Simply agonizing.

One of the goodies I got when I retired a couple of months ago was a very nice personalized decanter. I too put BT in mine. My reasoning was that since the bar is downstairs in the basement, I wanted something readily available for any non-whiskey guests who came over and wanted to "try" some bourbon without knocking them off their feet. I'd thought about putting FRYL in it strictly for that reason, but decided that BT has a little more sweetness to it and might have a better chance of being palatable to them. Plus, it'll take a little water or ice better than the YL.

• I like it 2

Any pictures?  I'm working on a solera bottle myself, currently 1/3 FRYL, 1/3 HHBL, 1/6 Ezra Brooks.  Just need to think of something to top it off with then will let it marry for a month or so before holding my nose and trying it lol.  

Thanks,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.