An interesting piece of the not-too-distant past

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was moving the whiskey collection from my office to the billiards room, and ran across this. I had forgotten I had it, as it was stashed at the back of a shelf about 6.5 feet off the ground.

This bottle was given to me in 2001 by a gentleman named Jim Razzino, who was responsible for it's presence on the market. There was so much negative racket about it here on SB back then that I promised Jim that if thought it was crap I would keep it to myself. I never said much about it publicly, which should give you some idea of my feelings about the product at the time. Jim was also responsible for Thedford Colonial Style whiskey,  which was ... interesting. Tasted like it came from the midwest to me, and not a quarter millenium back, either. 

A search here on SB (for either product) should yield interesting results if you care to read a bit more in depth.

mckendrick.jpg

"It's quite a different sort of drink altogether, and at the moment I'm at a loss for words to describe it."

This is from The Boss' post back in '01, and for Jim to be at a loss for words is truly amazing! :D   It really is fun to search and look thru old threads on SB. Thanks for posting this one Boss! 

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

........ and for Jim to be at a loss for words is truly amazing! :D   .........

Truth.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.