Bourbon Barrel 2020-?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

FYI, I started a new thread since it's been over a year since the old thread had been posted in.

I've been working on a little project for my Blanton's toppers. I decided to stain the wood I used, so I figured I might as well give the top and bottom of my bourbon barrel another coat while I was at it. Please pardon the mess in my garage. :huh:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0002.jpeg

• I like it 9

Thanks for the comments folks. My problem is that I'm still not sure what to do with it. My wife and I agree to disagree. :huh: You know the deal.

My son did say he'd help if I needed to enlarge the back patio. The problem with that is he's in the middle of replacing a 6 ft tall privacy fence at his house, in his spare time. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, camduncan said:

Looks awesome Joe!  Now you need to collect a Blantons Gold set :)

Thanks Cam. I have a feeling GeeTen might chime in on thIs. ?

Bib! Joe

No problem Joe....  If I manage to complete a set of Gold ones, they're all yours :D

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

We've been working on a few projects around the house the last couple of weeks. We put in new smoke/co2 detectors. We have a new Ring door bell/camera. We also have new blinds in three windows. A couple of lamps found new homes, and were replaced by three new ones. We moved this here. Moved that there. Made room for this in the other room. Etc.... The good news is, my barrel is now in the house! Yes, my wife finally gave in. ;)

Biba! Joe

Pic#1. My barrel and one new lamp, along with the recliners we bought last December.

Pic #2. My rearranged bourbon/computer room.

DSC_0005.jpeg

DSC_0021.jpeg

• I like it 5

Nice looking setup. My wife grew up in Brookfield and loves the Cubs can.  Our Laz-E-Boys face our tv (in a closet with folding doors) so I’m guessing yours do, too.  Hang some pics on those walls.  Home made pet pics or family mug shots work.

In short - NICE.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The good news is, my barrel is now in the house! Yes, my wife finally gave in. ;)

How long did that battle go on?  I planted the seed with my wife on that one when we moved into our new house two years ago.  Still empty of a barrel though.  :(

It’s been a little over three years since I bought my barrel. Cleaning it up and staining it took some time. Then there was the debate as to where to put it. Here’s what finally tipped the scale. We needed new/more lighting in our living room, so I bought a new industrial style table lamp and matching floor lamp for our livIng room. Bingo! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 11:22 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s been a little over three years since I bought my barrel. Cleaning it up and staining it took some time. Then there was the debate as to where to put it. Here’s what finally tipped the scale. We needed new/more lighting in our living room, so I bought a new industrial style table lamp and matching floor lamp for our livIng room. Bingo! 

Is that a KSP-KY-16 Old Fitz barrel, and if so, do you mind if I ask where you purchased?  I'd love to get one for myself, though I realize you purchased 3 years ago!

It is not a DSP KY-16 Old Fitz barrel. It’s from HH DSP KY-1 Old Fitzgerald Distillery. Kinda confusing I know. I actually got it from a place near my home here in Northern Illinois. The short story is a couple of guys that own a small business here, bought a whole truck full of barrels and brought ‘em up here to sell.

Biba! Joe

Joe, thanks for the response...I wondered...would be an awfully cool find to score a DSP-KY-16 barrel just three years ago.  It looks great regardless, though.

• I like it 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks Cam. I have a feeling GeeTen might chime in on thIs. ?

Bib! Joe

Just found this thread - I have several extra gold tops.  Let me look up the ones I have.  Maybe Cam and I can come up with a full set for you.   🤗

Edited by GeeTen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.