Quick Poll: Favorite $25 Bourbon

BrokeCal
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

35 minutes ago, BrokeCal said:

My next goal is to get a bottle of VOB 100, but I've never seen it on a shelf out here.

I snagged one at K&L so check with them from time to time.  First time I'd seen any VOB in CA.  Got an 86, 90 and 100 proof.  Thought the 86 was decent.  Haven't tried the other tow yet. 

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I could live the rest of my days with just those 11 whiskies on my bar.  I would not want for anything else, and never be bored with the selection.  But, since you ask if there were any others to add, I have found much enjoyment with Ezra Brooks 90 proof and VOB 90 proof.  The 1.75s of these probably will still be rather short of your price point in this exercise, but (mostly) drink equally with your 11.  

Did you drink the Ezra Brooks 101 when it was available? I always liked that. How does the 90, other than 11 proof lower, compare? I may have to try the 90. 

Edited by BoilerinIL

2 hours ago, BrokeCal said:

I've always liked Ezra Brooks Black Label.  I've always respected it for being a bottom shelf pour at 90 proof instead of 80 or 86.  I recently finally got my hands on a VOB 90, and it was good without a doubt.  My next goal is to get a bottle of VOB 100, but I've never seen it on a shelf out here.

I really like the VOB 100. My store actually keeps this in the back when it comes in. It's just crazy that something under $20 is held back like that. I always buy it when they have it in stock because it goes quickly and doesn't come back often.

WT 101 has been killing it for me the last six months.  Before that was BT and before that was Four Roses Yellow Label. 

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

WT 101 has been killing it for me the last six months.  Before that was BT and before that was Four Roses Yellow Label. 

Agree with all three of these, only I'll be happy with any one of them at any time

Oops, forgot one. My BIL can buy RR10 for $21.99 and if I could, it'd be on my list as well.

Edited by Vosgar
add an item
  • I like it 5

I vote WT101, KC, OGD in that order. If you haven't tried everything on that list, you're absolutely missing out on excellent stuff.

• I like it 1

Four Roses yellow label, BT, & KC.  But there are a lot of other good bottles out there.

• 2 weeks later...

In this price range my favorite, for years now, is Old Grand Dad BIB.  Barton is a close second.

That's easy, number #3 WT101.

You can find it at almost every decent bar and restaurant across the country, and if they don't have anything more high end, at least you know you can have a good pour that night! 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, squire said:

In this price range my favorite, for years now, is Old Grand Dad BIB.  Barton is a close second.

I could live on these.  Indeed, I DO live on these.  AND, in this order.B)  Well, mostly.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

That's easy, number #3 WT101.

You can find it at almost every decent bar and restaurant across the country, and if they don't have anything more high end, at least you know you can have a good pour that night! 

Cheers,

Nancy

Preach.

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, flahute said:

Preach.

@flahute, with WT101 I've found religion! Save my weary soul.....that's perfection and eternal "salivation." ??

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@flahute, with WT101 I've found religion! Save my weary soul.....that's perfection and eternal "salivation." ??

Ha ha, Nancy - I see what you did there.  Good one!  ?

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Nancy has just taken us all to church! I will be partaking of communion as a result.

• I like it 1

I'm going to be a rule breaker. ER is at $31.99 on the 750s but the 1.75 is $51.99 so that takes the price down below the $25 level "per 750". Somebody always cutting line or cheating in some way. RULE BREAKER ???

But yes WT of course.

• I like it 2

OGD 114 in the colder months & either WT101 or EW BIB in the hot season. 

Just off the top of my head, this Weller 12 Year I had earlier tonight that I paid $21.99 for back in 2016 would probably make the list.  

Lol, sorry that was uncalled for ?  ?

Seriously, in this price range for me it starts and ends with Wild Turkey 101.  It's not close.

• I like it 4

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:07 AM, Bourbon Sabbath said:

OGD 114 in the colder months & either WT101 or EW BIB in the hot season. 

Good call on the OGD 114 - I agree!

Well, a liter bottle of Evan Williams black label goes for $15.81 otd at my local Costco so that's a winner.  My favorite under $25 bottle is Larceny, $22 at Wall of China Mart.

Edited by Wrangler

9 hours ago, Wrangler said:

Well, a liter bottle of Evan Williams black label goes for $15.81 otd at my local Costco so that's a winner.  My favorite under $25 bottle is Larceny, $22 at Wall of China Mart.

At my local Safeway supermarket, a handle of EW black is sometimes as low as $15.99 with the 10% half case mixed wine/spirit discount.  That's the equivalent of $6.85/750.   I don't know of a better value than that...

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.