Lowest priced Age-Statement bottle (2020 Edition)?

clearmoon247
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While I know that you used to be able to find W12 and Elijah Craig with age statements as recent as a few years ago, I wanted to throw it out there and see what is the most inexpensive bottle of straight bourbon (4+ years) with an age statement?

Personally, in FL, there is a $11 bottle of Tom Simms (Heaven Hill sourced) 6 year at 86 proof.

4 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Splurge and go with RR 10yr and ER.

Rye guy here. But just got my dad an ER 10 for father's day. But didn't ER drop the age statement except on store picks?

50 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Rye guy here. But just got my dad an ER 10 for father's day. But didn't ER drop the age statement except on store picks?

No - at least not yet (TTBOMIAB)!   ?

46 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

No - at least not yet (TTBOMIAB)!   ?

Cool see that's why I come here, thanks

9 yr KC

its often on sale for around $25. and its 100 proof of course

• I like it 1

Here in Pennsy - where you can now actually browse in a a liquor store! -  the best value is probably the Eagle Rare 10 at $29.99.   Except I never go for it;  I usually get the EHTaylor small batch instead at $39.99 and no age statement.    

13 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Here in Pennsy - where you can now actually browse in a a liquor store! -  the best value is probably the Eagle Rare 10 at $29.99.   Except I never go for it;  I usually get the EHTaylor small batch instead at $39.99 and no age statement.    

You should get both!

?

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, 0895 said:

You should get both!

?

The lobster or the cracked crab?  

Why not . . .  both?  

Extra-primo good, Mr. Coleman sir!!

• I like it 3

12 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Why not . . .  both?  

mmm.... missing my fresh broiled crab cakes and Troegs Perpetual , as my spring trip to PA got cancelled.  ?

Oh, and sheetz.

I love Sheetz coffee!

Yes, PA is state controlled and that is what it is, but being able to search inventory online and order fo pickup at the store near my hotel has its advantages.

18 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Why not . . .  both?  

Looking good, Billy Ray!

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Looking good, Billy Ray!

Feeling good, Louis!

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

mmm.... missing my fresh broiled crab cakes and Troegs Perpetual , as my spring trip to PA got cancelled.  ?

Oh, and sheetz.

I love Sheetz coffee!

Yes, PA is state controlled and that is what it is, but being able to search inventory online and order fo pickup at the store near my hotel has its advantages.

Got to get a bit further south for those crab cakes...I've always been a fan of the sunshine pils when it's released. Put the wife at Hershey spa and tour that brewery.

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 3

13 hours ago, Mattk said:

It's written on the back label somewhere.  They dropped the single barrel status, though, something to do with the bottling line specifics.

I tried searching but couldn't find the thread.   Can someone share the thread with the bottling line info?

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I tried searching but couldn't find the thread.   Can someone share the thread with the bottling line info?

???????

Cheapest bourbon with an age statement is Benchmark, 3 years and $7.99 for a 750ml.  Next question?

Ha ha, j\k.  Honestly, as noted above its definitely KC.  9 years and $21.99.  I believe that is what you call..... Unbeatable!!

Edited by BrokeCal

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

???????

Joe, I think he’s asking for info on the Eagle Rare bottling line for why it’s no longer stated as a SiB.  I read somewhere that they bottle one barrel at a time but don’t clear the lines between barrels so you could wind up with a few bottles containing whiskey from two barrels. Hence, can’t be called SiB.

• I like it 2

On 6/21/2020 at 2:07 PM, BrokeCal said:

KC.  9 years and $21.99.  I believe that is what you call..... Unbeatable!!

I'd probably buy more of it at that price. Here it is $28 or higher plus tax. When I want that profile I usually opt for KCSB at around $45. Even better when it's a PS.

• I like it 1

Schnucks Private Reserve, a 36 month old (?) BIB @$12.99 a liter.  ?

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Oh, c'mon Joe. That's the gem of STL! I'm sure you northern Illinois folks caravan down here to stock up. 

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

IF it's the private reserve, how do you acquire something so....private and.....reserved?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.