What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime . . . It's officially summer now so let's get the ball rolling.

I grabbed the MM PS for $70 at VA ABC. This is the first bottle of Maker's Private Select I've ever purchased, so I hope it turns out good. I am typically not a big MM fan, but I did really like the RC6 they released last year.

The Bardstown Bourbon Company bottles were picked up in Kentucky last week when I was traveling through, along with a bunch of other stuff not pictured. The BBC bottles were $130-135, and I had to hunt a bit to find the Armagnac finished one. The other stuff was:

KCSB picks x4 (11-14 yrs old) ~$55 each

EC SB (10 and 11 yr old) x2 $30 each

Backbone Uncut picks x3 $50 each

SAOS 5yr picks x3 $50 each

Woodinvlle Bourbon $40

Boone County Small Batch $27 for a 375ml

Old Tub BIB 375ml $16

a bunch of bottom shelfer type stuff: HH6 90 x5, JTS Btown, 8x Jim Beam Distiller's Cut (while it's still available), 4x Jim Beam Bonded, Jim Beam's new Single Barrel at 108 proof, VOB 100 proof, Wolcott.

and some Brandy:

C&K Westport Whiskey store pick $60

C&K Via Chicago (FEW Rye whiskey barrel finished) $37

Germain Robin XO apple brandy $90

Germain Robin Blend 33 $37

Dartigalongue 1996 20yr Armagnac $130

Lustau Solera Reserva $23

IMG_8893.JPG

IMG_8894.JPG

17 hours ago, silverc said:

Dartigalongue 1996 20yr Armagnac $130

FWIW, Seelbachs.com has a single cask 1996 23yo version of this on sale for $85.  And, they may offer free shipping if it's your first order. 

18 hours ago, silverc said:

The BBC bottles were $130-135, and I had to hunt a bit to find the Armagnac finished one. 

IMG_8894.JPG

I have heard really good things about the Armagnac finished 12 year MGP.  No blend with younger distillate.  I am going to try it next week at a little MGP themed tasting.  

3 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I have heard really good things about the Armagnac finished 12 year MGP.  No blend with younger distillate.  I am going to try it next week at a little MGP themed tasting.

It is no joke amazing. Both the Copper & Kings and Chateau De Laubade are a couple of my favorite bottles from them and in general.

A new Bourbon (Daviess French Cask), a new Japanese Whisky, and an everyday drinker.

E467FCA4-2902-4E82-8833-B5DEAD64B1E1.jpeg

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I concur, the Laubade is really good!

19 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

It is no joke amazing. 

15 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I concur, the Laubade is really good!

Well damn, missed out. Not super regretful though based on the price. I did wish I knew it was straight 12 year MGP, but still would’ve been 50/50 on pulling trigger. Cost of being a more discerning buyer I suppose. 

A friend texted me the bourbon selection at Costco (I'm a Sam's guy), they had Bulleit Single Barrel for $49. I rolled the dice and had her pick one up.  Searched it on this forum, but didn't see very much on it. 

50 minutes ago, Tulse said:

A friend texted me the bourbon selection at Costco (I'm a Sam's guy), they had Bulleit Single Barrel for $49. I rolled the dice and had her pick one up.  Searched it on this forum, but didn't see very much on it. 

It's fairly new and does not yet have wide distribution.

• I like it 1

Got a call from my LS that they got some Blanton's in, and were holding one for me. Paid $60 + tax. Thought I'd pick up an EWBIB 1L for $21 while I was there.

IMG_0260.jpg

• I like it 7

I picked up several ET BIB yesterday.  ?  I had to ask a store to order them for me.  For whatever reason, local places never got in the habit of stocking this.

16 hours ago, Tulse said:

I picked up a store pick Bulleit Single barrel from a Bay Area LS recently.  According to them, it's a 4R OBSO barrel.  104 proof and very tasty.  I think I paid around $60 though.  Let us know how yours is when you get to it. 

• I like it 1

WFE and B&B came from KY via mule and the Fitz and B520 were a random Friday stop.

3D4D7D40-3E13-428C-AEE2-6FC76B54BBC0.jpeg

Went to my local Safeway supermarket today and glanced at the locked case and they had a single bottle of Blanton's for $54 which came home with me.  I'll probably give to my son who's never had it before. 

• I like it 7

Friday liquor store run.  Didn't need anything but it's Friday and I just today read about Old Tub....local store just got 22 bottles in so I figured I might as well, right?  Worst case I'm out $20 for something I can give to guests I don't know that well......

Also picked up the KCSB which is my first venture into that arena.  Looking forward to cracking that one.

IMG_4606.jpg

• I like it 2

Made a Friday LS run as well.  Went because the online inventory said they had an ECBP A119.  Arrived and found out whoever is updating their database may have dyslexia.  Posted as 135 proof EC Barrel Proof (which I assumed was A119 at 135.2 proof), instead was B519 at 122 proof.  So while I was deciding if I wanted to purchase the B519, I noticed a single bottle of both Blantons SiB and Henry McKenna Sib BiB.  Decision made, take the Blantons and McKenna, leave the cannoli's.

Also finished the House bourbon, a 1.75L of Jim Beam White label, so replaced it with a 750ml of WT101.  A real nice day of checking my locals.  The Blantons and WT101 will get opened this weekend.

BTW - the ER is going to the bunker.  Couldn't pass up a bottle of that for $30 as it usually is marked up and harder to find in my area.  My last 2 bottles were $40.

20200626_155853[1].jpg

30.80 otd

i thibk it went up from last time. Batch 27, 23 was good but only bought 1 bottle, 24 was excellent and I stocked up  , 25 was meh but I bought extra based on the previous batch. I haven’t got  to 26 yet, so this will be on deck behind it once I finish the 25? Lol, I told my self no purchase today unless it’s EHT.... 

AC0569C3-EFA7-4BFF-9CBC-E9ED7B626FDE.jpeg

I went for an evaluation on my shoulder this afternoon. The good news. No more pt! The bad news. I start work conditioning next week. I have to work myself back in shape so I can go back to work. The other bad news. My new rehab place is a bit farther away from my house than my old pt place was. The other good news. It's closer to a couple of liquor stores. ?

So, I made a couple of stops on the way home. I passed on everything at one store, although I was tempted with one bottle. I'm glad I passed on everything at the first store, cause there was a surprise at the other. Yeah I did. What can I say? ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0005.jpeg

• I like it 5

Total Wine just opened a new store in New Orleans with the grand opening this weekend. I chose to support my fellow small business owners instead.

IMG_4671.thumb.jpg.600ddb8a109bdd97e1355a5ef7a4834c.jpg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Total Wine just opened a new store in New Orleans with the grand opening this weekend. I chose to support my fellow small business owners instead.

IMG_4671.thumb.jpg.600ddb8a109bdd97e1355a5ef7a4834c.jpg

Small businesses are the core of our country.  Looks like you did well!

• I like it 1

Had a wheateriffic morning,  snagging up two intriguing wheated bottles I had no idea existed.   Joe Canal's had a store pick of a McKenzie's Single Barrel,   wheated recipe,  4.5 years old.   I've had their batched BIB wheated bourbon before,  and it's as good a wheater as I've ever had., craft or no craft.   This one has a bit more proof and age, so I'm expecting great things.

One problem with living in the Philly area is that Weller products are never available.  Ever.   But lo and behold,   Bootlegger's  near Atlantic City had a special purchase of Buffalo Trace Kosher bourbon.    Two kinds - rye recipe and wheat recipe.   The wheat recipe is the Weller mashbill,  aged 7 years at 47 proof,  so it appears to be OWA at a more drinkable  proof for a wheater.    I picked up two bottles for $31.99

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 3

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Small businesses are the core of our country.  Looks like you did well!

I see a coffee and Fernet in your future.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.