What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a stagg jr. Batch 14. Opened it today it is fine but nothing special in my opinion. Hope it opens up in a day or 2.

• I like it 4

53 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Nice to pick up a couple of Wellers at retail this past week. 
04A10C75-049C-4F39-B807-26A3D1C43DD0.thumb.jpeg.a9d9a84f82844c1b10224f38fce465a7.jpeg
9CFE13BD-BD42-4FB7-9D04-77F5B4F2D84D.thumb.jpeg.75de37ec5b18891b1b77fdb6a82f1dc3.jpeg

Unobtanium at MSRP here in CA...... ?

1 hour ago, parksmart said:

That's getting close to $1000 in St. Louis.

6 hours ago, parksmart said:

Isn't it great what they're doing with 187ml bottlings these days?????  J/K.    ?

Purchased a KC12 today.  So I could do this sbsbs:

42DD7024-E1D1-4DCF-A69D-335CB2D9DD67.jpeg

Edited by miller542
  • I like it 2

2 new ones for me. makers cask strength and a rare breed. not sure what took so long regarding the rare breed as I really like the wt101

john

Edited by john E
  • I like it 1

19 hours ago, parksmart said:

Congrats on an incredible get at MSRP!  

Visiting family down South, and MMCS is on sale for $39.99. I haven't bought it in years, but that seems like a good price.  They had 4 bottles, so I left 2 on the shelf.  Obviously,  I cracked one before I took the pic.  It's pretty good but, for the $$$, I prefer OGD 114.    It's definitely worth $39.99, but I wouldn't pay any more for it.

20200809_092240.jpg

13 hours ago, miller542 said:

Purchased a KC12 today.  So I could do this sbsbs:

42DD7024-E1D1-4DCF-A69D-335CB2D9DD67.jpeg

Results?

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Results?

The 25th anniversary is a disappointment, the 12yr is really good, and Little Book Ch3 is the hands down best, as it should be at twice the price of the 12yr.  Now I need to get the standard 9yr and do a new sbs with the 12.  Or maybe ECBP. Or both. So many good bourbons, so little time!

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, miller542 said:

The 25th anniversary is a disappointment, the 12yr is really good, and Little Book Ch3 is the hands down best, as it should be at twice the price of the 12yr.  Now I need to get the standard 9yr and do a new sbs with the 12.  Or maybe ECBP. Or both. So many good bourbons, so little time!

Interesting.

I loved my 25th anniversary.

wish I had another.  I do realize its single barrel though ?, so maybe I got lucky!

• I like it 1

33 minutes ago, miller542 said:

Appreciate it, thanks!  I've heard mixed reviews on the 25th year too.  In those cases, I'd defer to the consistency of the 12yr. and LB3.

Picked these up in MI last week. I saw about 30 bottles of ECBP B520 in the Grand Rapids area. These, and the earlier A120 batch haven't even been released in VA, and when/if they do they will be limited to 1 per person.

Domaine Laguille VSOP Armagnac $40
Copper and Kings Northern Soul Apple Brandy (Tippins pick) $65
Daviess County French Oak and Cabernet Finished $45 each
ECBP B520 (x4) $60
EC Store Pick SB (2 different from Tippins) $30 each
Belle Meade Reserve Batch 20-08 $60
ET BIB (x7) $25 each

IMG_0267.JPG

• I like it 6

A family size bottle of WT 101 for 29 bucks and  change. Yes please!

Prost!  Phil 

• I like it 4

Taking the boy to college in Kansas, and stopped at a bottle shop close to our hotel. Grabbed a Henry McKenna 10yr BIB. Don't see these back home, so I'm good with dropping $40 for one.

• I like it 6

$50/12  ?

$55/FP

One is for a friend/coworker the other is for me. 

Which one would you keep-give away?

F8BE7509-CC60-45DD-A060-04FC7B1A9014.jpeg

• I like it 1

For me, there’s no thought required.  Keep the W12.  Give the 1792 FP.  

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, IamMatt said:

My criterion would be, Which one is harder to replace at the price in your area?

They’re both pretty much once a year bottles. I may see the FP 1-2 more times but I’d still consider it a 1/yr bottle

21 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

They’re both pretty much once a year bottles. I may see the FP 1-2 more times but I’d still consider it a 1/yr bottle

I see 1792 FP often, and when I do its normally cases and cases of it.  I see W12 about once every 3 years at 5x retail. Would be a no-brainer for me as well.

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

I see 1792 FP often, and when I do its normally cases and cases of it.  I see W12 about once every 3 years at 5x retail. Would be a no-brainer for me as well.

some places - like Ohio - W12 is a lottery only item.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.