What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

BIB night tonight. Started with EW, and followed it up with ET. No complaints. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Welcoming the weekend in style.

Prost!  Phil 

20200626_151959.jpg

• I like it 3

On 6/25/2020 at 7:21 PM, smokinjoe said:

I put in a good day, today at the office.  Sold some stuff at good prices.  Bought some stuff at good prices.  And, made some people happy!  So, rewarding myself with some OWA out on the front patio.  

Tomorrow may turn to shite, but I’m taking these little wins today and running with them!  ?

1C710AD2-2D4F-4F24-915A-FD4E5DC5EEE8.jpeg

Hey, Joe... What's up with that ring of ?bubbles? around the top outer surface of that pour?    I don't recall ever seeing that effect.   Can you enlighten this poor unfortunate?

• I like it 1

45 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Hey, Joe... What's up with that ring of ?bubbles? around the top outer surface of that pour?    I don't recall ever seeing that effect.   Can you enlighten this poor unfortunate?

It’s technical.  It’s one of our little toys...

A sample of OESO given to me by @0895 last September. I like this more than the 1 pour of OBSO I've had, but behind the Q, K, and V yeasts. 

20200626_201440.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Nothing technical here, it's just Joe's bubbly personality transferring to his glass. Either that or he sneezed into it

• I like it 3

BT to start out with this evening. Later, who knows? ?

Biba! Joe

17 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Last night.

6BA7A220-BB34-4BCD-B9C5-EB967910F451.jpeg

I feel like I’ve seen a lot of Woodinville, relatively, on the forum lately. I had a bottle

a few years ago that I recall was rather young but pretty tasty and promising with some more age... What do you think of it? 

I ended up having a several glasses of really good Pinot Noir during and around dinner, so for the bourbon night cap I wanted to keep the volume light and quality high. I cracked one of my two remaining W12s and it was a perfect choice.

• I like it 3

Enjoying a pour from WTRB 116.8 transitional label. It is better than the 112.8  proof version of Rare Breed, but not quite as good as the "new bottle " 116.8 Rare Breed. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Tonight's pours are from WT Master's Keep BIB 17 year and Decades. Enjoying them both, tasting impressions over in the 'What bottle opened' thread.  Both are great bourbons.  I tip my hat to Eddie Russell - keep up the great work!

7 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

I feel like I’ve seen a lot of Woodinville, relatively, on the forum lately. I had a bottle

a few years ago that I recall was rather young but pretty tasty and promising with some more age... What do you think of it? 

I really like it. There really isn’t much you that shows through for me. To me it’s a little Wild Turkey-esque but a little less robust.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

I've not had the 90 proof but I had a barrel proof single barrel store pick that was amazing!  Very deep, layered and balanced on the palate.  Not "young" at all. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

I've not had the 90 proof but I had a barrel proof single barrel store pick that was amazing!  Very deep, layered and balanced on the palate.  Not "young" at all. 

The barrel proof store picks is where they really shine. They are small enough that the distiller actually does taste all the barrels that go into the single barrel program.

• I like it 1

On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, Phil T said:

Welcoming the weekend in style.

Prost!  Phil 

20200626_151959.jpg

I was trying to decide what to choose for my summer bottle this year (last years was FC103 6 Yr).

You and @Clueby just made it very easy for me.  ?

A quick Saturday afternoon  pour before into the freezer it goes!

20200627_163030.jpg

• I like it 1

Some thunderstorms rolled through late this afternoon, but now it’s cleared so I can sit out and enjoy a bourbon and cigar.  Decided to go with an Evan Williams BIB Green Label to start things off.  

2EDC9698-17D1-4555-9199-749DC3A58962.jpeg

• I like it 2

54 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Some thunderstorms rolled through late this afternoon, but now it’s cleared so I can sit out and enjoy a bourbon and cigar.  Decided to go with an Evan Williams BIB Green Label to start things off.  

2EDC9698-17D1-4555-9199-749DC3A58962.jpeg

Love that particular label (pretty good whiskey too!)

Enjoyed some OBSO after dinner (thankful the power wasn't out for very long from those same storms!)

1 minute ago, Clueby said:

Had a pour of HH6/90 before dinner and now have stepped up a notch.

20200627_205212.jpg

Just a notch?  ?

Celebrating my grandson's baseball victories in a tournament today with some 2015 WLW

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.