What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

Id probably drink that ORVW first, so that it doesn’t get taken away by HR during the restructuring.

Luckily the job I have has almost a zero percent chance of any layoffs. Unfortunetly my wife is a graphic designer, and her work has slowed WAY down.

7 hours ago, Kepler said:

Ok so the JM Cigar Blend was so awesome I had to go back for a second pour.  Love this whiskey. 

But to end the night I didn't want to drink up all my Cigar Blend so I had to look for something else.  After such a great whiskey I knew I couldn't go back to ordinary, it has to be bold.  Ah, Stagg Junior there you are.  Batch #5 129.7 is a nice follow up and does not fall short.

Helluva night you had there!

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, Clueby said:

Well I was drinking Col. Taylor Small Batch at my niece's wedding but we had to run home to check on the dog. She had gotten out of her kennel and jumped on me as I opened the door (fireworks were going off), causing me to drop the mostly full bottle. The foyer smells pretty good.

Awwww, that about SUX!    I sympathize with you, as well as that poor pooch.   About 20+ years ago, I broke an unopened bottle of EC-12-year that I'd just gifted my Old Man for Father's Day.   

My 'Grand Pooch' is very nervous this time year, as well as New Years Eve & Memorial Day.    Thankfully, not all that many "loud" celebrations most of the year.

Some Larceny BPA120 last night followed by a bottle kill pour of MMCS.

A724DB79-C9EF-45A7-B170-9170854A950E.jpeg

• I like it 1

Started this afternoon with some HHSS SB#1 to celebrate the holiday.  Now pouring some HHSS SB#2 to celebrate the life of Vosgar.  

• I like it 4

Raising a glass of 2018 GTS in Vosgar’s honor with a Kentucky Fire Cured.  Starting the charcoal for the grill

and reflecting on a friend gone too soon.

• I like it 6

18 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Hardy Lake, Stanwood, Michigan 

Looks nice! Have a great holiday! 

I was just planning on having the Weller FP tonight for the holiday. But after seeing the sad news about Vosgar I decided to have a special pour of WLW in his honor.  SB will miss you greatly sir.

• I like it 4

I had a pour from an old bottle of Rare Breed, yesterday afternoon. Now I remember why not to stick to lower-shelf pours. It was concentrated deliciousness.

Also, for the first time, I tried that "one giant ice cube" trick. I know, I'm an old geezer, way behind the curve.

AAA 10 year; in a reflective salute to Vosgar.

I think he would approve.

• I like it 9

On 7/2/2020 at 9:42 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

Since I am now working from my RV, I have been hitting my limited stash here now.

I am limited to 1972SB, Longbranch, Elijah CraigSB, Michters, Redbreast 12 and a Pendleton Distiller’s Select.  I can add a Mt Gay XO for a good rum.  Everything else is just for mixers.  

I had a taste of the EC yesterday evenings after it cooled off a bit.  This a favorite of a buddy of mine that is not at his RV this year as he is going thorough his third round of cancer treatment.  He is still putting up the good fit.  I am reminded of the Dylan Thomas poem reminding us that we should “Rage against the dying of the light” and that getting old does not mean that you have stopped living or that your desires or dreams are reduced.  Enjoy your 4th of July celebration, in whatever form that they take, and enjoy the freedoms afforded to you in this country of ours.  Be safe but above all, do not deny yourself happiness.

60F04133-5A82-4BDD-A59A-67B6A8EB1146.jpeg

That is an inspiring post...thank you

My Independence Weekend selection of OGD 114 has been a joy ride as well as a pain killer this weekend.  Grills are going and it is continuing to deliver.  

• I like it 5

Nice little pour. Thanks Vosgar! Each pour left will always be a toast to you.

IMG_1603.thumb.jpg.76cd82960a4e092462e04c3c92daf298.jpg

• I like it 10

I had the last pour from a Larceny barrel pick. Now poured some EC 12 yr before dinner. Good stuff.

Haven't poured anything yet because I just got back from a bike ride and a beer hits the spot at the immediate moment. Thinking of Vosgar right now as well as our friend Joe who lost his best friend. Trying to determine what will be the right pour to drink in remembrance. 

• I like it 1

Gary loved The Cult and when we accepted his Granddaughter, he loved that also. 

Prost!  Phil 

• I like it 5

While I didn't know @Vosgar, I believe many in these forums enjoyed his presence and looked forward to his posts.  I have thought about him throughout the day as I have worked on the house.  Tonight, I am enjoying a pour in his honor and in honor of all those who share a passion freely whether it is whiskey or any other passion.  

I can enjoy a variety of top tier bourbons in his honor including HHSS #2, WLW, GTS, but passions can be simple because they require no pretense.  Tonight, my friend, I salute you with a pour of Old Forester. There is a reason it is the longest continuously bottled brand.  It has had its ups, then downs, but appears to be looking up again.  

Salute,  my friend.  May you find eternal peace.

• I like it 8

I have a nice pour of 2018 WLW in my glass this evening. For Gary. From Gary. 

Early last year, Gary happened to stop in at a store at the exact time a sales rep showed up with an unexpected delivery of Pappy & BTAC. Gary called me and Mike (Galvin0791). Gary had purchased a WLW (and ???), but by the time I got there, the WLW was gone. There was a GTS left, so I bought it, and an Old Rip 10. Knowing how much I love my Wellers, Gary offered me his WLW in exchange for my GTS. Of course I said yes. Mike also got a bottle or two IIRC. This is a perfect example of members looking out for one another. Typical Gary. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 10

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I have a nice pour of 2018 WLW in my glass this evening. For Gary. From Gary. 

Early last year, Gary happened to stop in at a store at the exact time a sales rep showed up with an unexpected delivery of Pappy & BTAC. Gary called me and Mike (Galvin0791). Gary had purchased a WLW (and ???), but by the time I got there, the WLW was gone. There was a GTS left, so I bought it, and an Old Rip 10. Knowing how much I love my Wellers, Gary offered me his WLW in exchange for my GTS. Of course I said yes. Mike also got a bottle or two IIRC. This is a perfect example of members looking out for one another. Typical Gary. 

Biba! Joe

Serendipity.

As I was deciding what to pour to honor Gary, I remembered there being a story about him and WLW. Could not remember the details. I also wanted to honor you so I decided to pour a WLW. Only the best for the best.

What year did I decide to pour? 2018. No joke.

• I like it 2

I watched the best fireworks display I ever saw (with wife and son).  They're asleep now.  I got out the RY 100, because it was on deck.

Having dinner at an Italian restaurant in Wellesley with SWMBO. Starting with ECBP A119 neat. Nice place she brings me to, eh?  ?

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.