What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying a few pours of WT101 to finish the work week & get an early start on the weekend. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Enjoying a few pours of WT101 to finish the work week & get an early start on the weekend. 

Cheers

Staying with Turkey Thursday WT101. But switched to WT101 8yr. Yeah, that's the ticket. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Before and after dinner pours of Eagle Rare last night on a very balmy evening here in the SF Bay Area.  I've really been enjoying ER lately.  Lots of flavor and complexity for "only" 90 proof.  You can smell and taste the oak influence from 10 yrs in the barrel.  Fortunately, it's pretty readily available here for under $30.  I know other places aren't so lucky. 

ER and grilling.jpg

ER after dinner.jpg

• I like it 14

Having some Knob Creek Store Pick while cooking on the pit.  Not a bad afternoon.

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Cheers

Eastern or Western OK?    WT101 is always an enjoyable pour.

Maker’s 46 on the front patio, with an Oliva G and a nice breeze swinging through.  It all is working well to help happy thoughts flow through my noggin.  ?

54 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Eastern or Western OK?    WT101 is always an enjoyable pour.

WT101, is hard to beat, day in day out. 

Do you live in OK?

Cheers

Edited by Wedelstaedt

On 7/7/2020 at 7:58 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

@Kepler, my apologies, I know this is absolutely shameless of me, but I must say that it warms my heart to hear that you've been enjoying Cigar Blend batch #9! It has been a few years since I made that one, but if I recall correctly, it was part of the same "coupe mere" (mother blend) as batches #8 and 10. I wasn't a big fan of batch #8 (not that it's "bad," but that barrel didn't pick up enough notes from the Armagnac barrel and it didn't quite develop to my liking), and while I really liked #10, I loved #9. 

This week I'll be working on the coupe mere for batches #35 - 40, which will be going into 6 new Armagnac casks just as soon as I get it figured out. The current proofs on CB have tended to be a little over 120. 

With that, cheers, and good imbibing no matter what your drinking! 

Nancy

Thanks for the back story Nancy, it's always so cool to hear the details and behind the scenes info about your work. And I must say with this whiskey you hit a home run in my book. You done good!! ?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

WT101, is hard to beat, day in day out. 

Do you live in OK?

Cheers

No, I was reference the Supreme Court ruling.

I have enjoyed a variety of pours tonight. Started with Wt101, then my Miss poured me Blind pour. Always fun to do these. (She is always up to help with my hobby.)

?. It was easy to decipher, PH Orange Curaçao barrel finished. I like this bottle in small doses. The base Bourbon is good, and the Orange notes are fun for a dramatic change. 

Last up has been a really good RRSiB PS from a bar that picks great barrels. I only have one bottle, but is a winner. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

Ready to give this a try. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Cheers y’all.  

C58EB304-EC9E-4BD9-9853-A5015846419D.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 7/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, fosmith said:

Before and after dinner pours of Eagle Rare last night on a very balmy evening here in the SF Bay Area.  I've really been enjoying ER lately.  Lots of flavor and complexity for "only" 90 proof.  You can smell and taste the oak influence from 10 yrs in the barrel.  Fortunately, it's pretty readily available here for under $30.  I know other places aren't so lucky. 

ER and grilling.jpg

ER after dinner.jpg

what?!?!  you didn't invite us for the backyard shindig?  I can tell you know your way around a grill, you're using a weber.  Once ya learn the technique, weber's the best.  or maybe an egg.  I've not done much with smoking on a weber (okay guys, I'm not sitting on top with cigar but putting wood chips in the grill).  Found for a while I was burning a lot, but once figured out to not go too hard on bourbon before grilling the problem was fixed.

• I like it 2

After working most of the day in the yard, thought I would have a bourbon over an ice ball. Something that could handle the ice well. ECBP fits the bill. 
6B8EA59E-8A9E-4006-BA91-5D3FD08CE4C5.thumb.jpeg.a90fd86837f75536e630bf06a519a67a.jpeg

• I like it 1

Second day of exploring a lower barrel proof (103.6) New Riff Single Barrel.  The second pour is just as enjoyable as the first.  A nice spice entry with a hint of cinnamon followed by a sweet floral, almost maple, hint mid palate followed by a very long peppery spice finish.  I would compare this favorably with some of the 8-year old SAOS (MGP) Single Barrels.  

This will be my only pour tonight. as I plan to follow up with ECBP #11.  However, I think it is a classic after dinner bourbon. This is the only NRSiB I have had.  I have had a few NRSB.  I plan to pick up another bottle of this barrel and a bottle from another barrel to explore a little more.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

Whew, its triple digits here ambient temp. Just came inside after doing some yardwork out there and roasting.

Getting ready to go back outside to the furnace to grill up some burgers now. I need something cold to take with me.

Hello HH6BiB from the freezer -  you look beautiful 

• I like it 4

EHT single Barrel.  Have done a 180 on this one. . found I have to add a little water to get the flavors to come out. Just emptied my bottle and will be replacing soon.

• I like it 2

41 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Whew, its triple digits here ambient temp. Just came inside after doing some yardwork out there and roasting.

Getting ready to go back outside to the furnace to grill up some burgers now. I need something cold to take with me.

Hello HH6BiB from the freezer -  you look beautiful 

Hell yes.

Summer has yet to arrive here in the PNW so I still don't have a freezer bottle started.

• I like it 1

WT 101 on a beautiful 111° Saturday evening on Fremont St. at the Whiskey Licker Up Saloon. 

20200711_184632.jpg

• I like it 6

Was sweltering here in Dallas today and I spent a lot of time outside.  This ER is tasting excellent in the air conditioning.  

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Hell yes.

Summer has yet to arrive here in the PNW so I still don't have a freezer bottle started.

Have you made a short list yet for this summer's freeze bottle? 

Edited by Kepler
Forgot the "you"

Rutledge era regular Small Batch while listening to the Beatles'  white album. 

• I like it 2

The Small Batch was so good tonight that I knew it going to be a great night for Lawrenceburg.

So I had a short pour of 125th anniversary 2013.  Then I proceeded to crack open the 2017 SmBLE that was just sitting on the shelf begging for attention. It's really outstanding as well.

• I like it 2

Ending the evening with Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheat bourbon,  which is fun because it's 7-year old Weller at a unique proof.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.