What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I haven’t decided on tonight’s pour(s) yet. Last night I had a pour of Weller SR. ?  Then I had a pour of Weller SR, and added some ps KCsiB. ? ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Started out tonite with another GW4G from the fridge - gonna' have a L&K pick WFP ("Yes" - NCF) neat with a grilled dry-aged Wagyu sirloin strip from the barbie (Pittsburgh rare) accompanied by stir-fried (sauteed) spinach and shitake mushrooms.  Oh yeah, oven-baked russet potatoes with REAL Kerry Gold butter.  SWMBO said she wasn't cooking tonite after another 90+ sunny day so I volunteered to do dinner.  What a guy, eh?   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

16 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Started out tonite with another GW4G from the fridge - gonna' have a WFP neat with a grilled dry-aged Wagyu sirloin strip from the barbie (Pittsburgh rare) accompanied by stir-fried (sauteed) spinach and shitake mushrooms.  Oh yeah, oven-baked russet potatoes with REAL Kerry Gold butter.  SWMBO said she wasn't cooking tonite after another 90+ sunny day so I volunteered to do dinner.  What a guy, eh?   ?

OK what's the deal with Kerrygold?? It's a supermarket staple over here in the UK and I keep seeing it referred to with grandeur in the States which I find a bit beguiling! :D

12 minutes ago, beasled said:

OK what's the deal with Kerrygold?? It's a supermarket staple over here in the UK and I keep seeing it referred to with grandeur in the States which I find a bit beguiling! :D

My daughter's Irish (Belfast) in-laws swear by the stuff.  Irish soda bread, mainly.  It's good, maybe really good.  But we have it mainly for the grandbabies and the when the in-laws come to town.  Besides, they correct my Gaelic all the time when we talk single malt scotch and Irish whiskey.  No substitute for the "real" thing, eh?   ?

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

My daughter's Irish (Belfast) in-laws swear by the stuff.  Irish soda bread, mainly.  It's good, maybe really good.  But we have it mainly for the grandbabies and the when the in-laws come to town.  Besides, they correct my Gaelic all the time when we talk single malt scotch and Irish whiskey.  No substitute for the "real" thing, eh?   ?

Well I marvelled at 'whipped' butter daily on my last US trip, never heard of it but couldn't get enough :D 

As for the 'real' thing, well that's whatever makes the moment a moment, whether it's butter or bourbon or anything inbetween. That steak sounds fantastic (I had to google Pittsburgh rare!). 

Retirement: Sanded stationed the front  entrance door yesterday.  Today I put on a couple of coats of polyurethane.  It turn out even better than I hoped so had a solid of WSR  to celebrate.  
I made a homemade red sauce and pasta for dinner.  Threw together a side caprese salad from the garden.

After dinner is a SB OGW blend . It was a good day!

Edited by markandrex
Too many pronouns
  • I like it 2

I really like the French butters I get from our local Wegmans. Although kerrygold did one of the best blue cheeses I ever had.

On topic, but wrong forum I filtered my dusty of pritchard's rye that started to experience sediment and am having one of the last pours.

Today? Evan Williams.  Only because my Wife got me a really cool decanter so I put my EW in it as a test.  So now I'm drinking on it as if it were my only bottle.  Well, for the most part.

Still good stuff!

Haven't bought a HM 10yo since the price went up, so I had to pull this one from the bunker.  87°, a healthy pour and lots of ice.

0721201926a.jpg

• I like it 1

With the week long return if some serious heat and humidity, I have started getting into the whole freezer thing.  It’s a nice change of pace on those really hot days.

059DA149-4246-45AB-8775-D3C1BF684C41.jpeg

• I like it 3

15 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

Haven't bought a HM 10yo since the price went up, so I had to pull this one from the bunker.  87°, a healthy pour and lots of ice.

0721201926a.jpg

87?  When is summer coming? ?

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

87?  When is summer coming? ?

No comment. ? 

Biba! Joe

Haven't been imbibing that much lately as it's been so hot that nothing really sounded good.  Last night I just decided "screw the heat" I'm going to have some.  Started with WSR and then opened a PS of WTKS.  It sometimes amazes me that as much as I DON'T like WT 101, I really DO like WTKS and for that matter WTRB & Russells.

Last night I had a night cap of WT101 on the rocks, but with the heat lately I have also been enjoying Ancient Age from the freezer or on the rocks.

Last night, I had a bit of ECSB. I love Kerry gold butter as it reminds me of the All Jersey milk products I grew up on.  The grassy notes in the milk from grazed cows gives it a different taste from alfalfa fed cattle. However, I was told that you can’t get kerrygold in Wisconsin. 

• I like it 1

Hitting the RV stash tonight. Having a bit of michter’s tonight. 

20 minutes ago, beasled said:

Ok mods can we get a Butter forum? 

A58FCF7E-F149-4B95-A85F-0863CBCCC3AA.gif

• I like it 1

Had some Barrell bourbon batch 24, that is very good, and  some EHT rye after that. All good stuff...

Celebrated opening day of baseball last night. Not when or how it should have started but glad it’s back. Go Nats!!

5202D038-259D-4DB5-85AC-81168249FA27.jpeg

• I like it 2

+1 on the Kerrygold!! (ancestors from the Republic of IRE) it always reminds me of the wonderful visit we had to the ancestral homeland 5 yrs ago. Not big on the whisky but love the country and all the people we met. On topic,  twas the  final pour from a 4RPS OBSO.  4RPS are the summit of my personal mount bourbon  or of whiskey as a whole for that matter (followed VERY closely by the house of Russell). It only reinforces just how varied and damn tasty those 10 recipes can be. Thank you Mr. Rutledge!!

• I like it 1

Giving a thumbs up to @beasled for being first to post they got the reference of the GIF I posted...... ? ?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.