What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/19/2020 at 1:08 AM, flahute said:

If you ever find yourself up this way my house is your house.

Same to you.  Or as they sometimes say down in the border states, mi casa, su casa!  ? ?

On 7/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Give this a go for sure.  It does not necessarily deliver flavor wise as the HH6 does, but the 20 proof points do make a difference over the long haul. 

WT101 was ok out of the freezer, but not noticeably better like the 4RYL.   I actually really like KC 120 SiB out of the freezer, particularly when over a large cube and the glass is also stored in the freezer.  Good stuff and pours so thick.  In fact, I'm going to put my nearly empty KC bottle in now.  

Interesting "pro tip" as well.  If you are want a nice good cork pop look no further than the freezer.  The extra tight KC synthetic corks in particular end up making a great pop out of the freezer.

I think indeed the YL might just be my next freezer bottle, but first, another one of these is already waiting on deck.

20200724_170012.jpg

• I like it 3

Having some Stranahan’s single malt. Wife is having some peach cream 

008357A4-2505-4305-95C6-80AE1594E849.jpeg

This neat is just too hot. It's a little better on an ice cube.  I had some WTRB with a cube first, and I like it much better than this. If the palate of this was as good as the nose I'd be a huge fan. 

20200724_212615.jpg

The first pour I tried tonight was Larceny. No go. I’m probably gonna have to take a pass on the remnants of this bottle. I’m a half dozen or so pours in, and only the first pour was decent. Down the drain and on to my second pour. My second pour?  Old reliable Weller SR. Ahhhhhh, now that’s more like it. What can I say? Once a Weller whore...........:D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

finally got around to trying MMCS.  This is my first sip, and I'm liking it.  Overall, I wouldn't call this a big surprise.  I've had the standard 90 proof regular MM many times over the years.  I always felt they made a quality product, but we needed a little more something (age and or proof).  Well, more proof helps a lot.  

Joe, I feel your pain with the Larceny.  I gave up on that after a couple bottles spaced apart in time.

Old Fitz BIB could taste sort of young, but it was better than Larceny.

• I like it 2

Started out the evening with LB3, I have moved onto 1792 FP PS

Both the LB3 & 1792 FP have been enjoyed in a Canadian Glencairn. 

I have mentioned it before, the Canadian works so well to suppress the alcohol, while bringing out all of the great flavors. The 1792 has great butterscotch notes. Above average viscosity. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Bought yesterday and cracked last night. Been curious about his one as a cheap wheater. Like it better than Larceny. Very impressed for the $24 OTD.

4C4C33D8-E5B2-4CFB-9150-AAFBA26ECC3E.jpeg

• I like it 1

Spent last night getting acquainted with the OF1910. Started neat, but added a big clear cube after awhile, which may have been a mistake because it was a bit too diluted by the end.  I enjoy it, but I don’t think it surpasses the 1920. I know this doesn’t necessarily translate to taste, but both have a really fantastic rich deep brown color. They also share notable oak notes despite being NAS. The finish reminded me of a cigar, in a good way. Overall, given the proximity in price to the 1920, I may just pass in favor of the latter for future purchases, but the 1910 is a fine pour in its own right.

Finished the night with an 1.5 oz pour of the always fantastic W12 which did not disappoint. 

Edited by BigSkyDrams
Added words
  • I like it 1

Listening to Braves on the radio (feels good to say that again!), with a delicious pour of Georgia Bourbon Society ETL

89248A5C-5E2E-4CF2-B800-E06CB336FB8E.jpeg

• I like it 9

5 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Listening to Braves on the radio (feels good to say that again!), with a delicious pour of Georgia Bourbon Society ETL

Great choice Joe. Of all the GBS picks, this was one of Vosgar’s favorites. I can’t help but believe he’s smiling down on you right now. ?

Cheers Brother!

Joe

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Great choice Joe. Of all the GBS picks, this was one of Vosgar’s favorites. I can’t help but believe he’s smiling down on you right now. ?

Cheers Brother!

Joe

I did think of Gary when I poured it, as I know he liked it a lot.  Cheers to you, too!!

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some WFP tonight. Sorry @0895, I really like this stuff!!

That’s fine,

I’ll just be over here roaming through this bottle.  ?

101FF7A3-BD61-46DB-B9C2-56E3A1F13B50.jpeg

• I like it 2

HH6 bib out of freezer with dinner, chicken fried steak & gravy. Damn tasty combination!

• I like it 4

Just finished another BBQ dinner from our favorite place and as usual after BBQ I crave some Turkey. Before that though I started with some 4RYL out of the freezer. I was still feeling the heat from a hot bike ride and needed that hit from the freezer. Now I'm into some RRSiB.

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some WFP tonight. Sorry @0895, I really like this stuff!!

20200724_220037.jpg

Diving into the 2018 Blanton's in the background tonight after a crazy hot and sweaty day of yardwork.

• I like it 1

Enjoying some EC PS this evening while watching movies at home with Mrs. K. 

This is an excellent barrel pick from one of my locals.

I was helping mother in law today in her house.  She grew up on a farm in VA; doesn't believe in much air conditioning.  Me, lifting and moving things.  FRYL seemed in order afterwards.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

I was helping mother in law today in her house.  She grew up on a farm in VA; doesn't believe in much air conditioning.  Me, lifting and moving things.  FRYL seemed in order afterwards.

Correct. Even better out of a freezer! 

• I like it 1

third poor from an old forester rye. what a great bottle. $25 for a 1000ml bottle in my mind, its such a bargain.  Funny, I hate bananas, but I get a strong banana smell with this one. Or maybe its juicy fruit bubble gum?

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.