What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The wife and I are enjoying a few days at our favorite Gulf coast getaway. Cocktail hour today called for a few pours of BT over big cubes. Ah, to the good life!  

20200726_175825.jpg

• I like it 8

Last night was my absolute favorite, CEHT SmB, followed that with some RY 10 year SiB and finished the night with some RR 10 year.

The wheater funk thread got me wondering if I was missing out on some profile, so i decided to pour some MMCS. Well, the funk eludes me, but this is a solid pour I seldom reach for. My local shop currently has this in 750ml for $35, which is a pretty incredible price. I should probably go snag a bottle soon. 

20200726_202853.jpg

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

The wife and I are enjoying a few days at our favorite Gulf coast getaway. Cocktail hour today called for a few pours of BT over big cubes. Ah, to the good life!  

20200726_175825.jpg

I see you are listed as being from Tampa.  Where are you in this picture?  We love the Tampa-St. Pete area.  We have vacation up and down the beaches there over the years.  Our favorite location is Indian Rocks Beach.  Even with the heat and humidity of July summers in Florida, I would love to be there right now.

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

The wheater funk thread got me wondering if I was missing out on some profile, so i decided to pour some MMCS. Well, the funk eludes me, but this is a solid pour I seldom reach for. My local shop currently has this in 750ml for $35, which is a pretty incredible price. I should probably go snag a bottle soon. 

20200726_202853.jpg

Yours is a different batch than mine.  I just bought one recently.  I believe it is batch 20-02.  I haven't had MMCS in a few years.  It is $38.99 locally.  Or if you are @PaulO and get the multi-bottle discount something like $33.  I like it.  I don't know what the "Wheater Funk" is.  I do find this pretty "hot, spicy" after a couples of pours on different days.  I even ended up switching to a high rye (30%) bourbon which is a little "cooler."

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I see you are listed as being from Tampa.  Where are you in this picture?  We love the Tampa-St. Pete area.  We have vacation up and down the beaches there over the years.  Our favorite location is Indian Rocks Beach.  Even with the heat and humidity of July summers in Florida, I would love to be there right now.

This particular spot is a little south of Tampa-St. Pete, on Siesta Key near Sarasota. But, we like to take short beach stays occasionally in Pinellas County, too, including Indian Rocks Beach and Redington Shores. Really hard to go wrong on any of the Gulf beaches. 

• I like it 1

Just polished off a squirt of ER...gonna have a little of the regular EC I picked up this afternoon before surrendering to the inevitability of Monday and turning in...

TP

8 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20200726_202853.jpg

The one I got is batch 20-01 and is 110.1 proof.  They changed the package too, no more embossed "Maker's Mark" on the bottle.

If I can find several more at the sale price, they will come home with me. ?

On 7/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, Richnimrod said:

On dry land; but, apparently still working a little too hard, eh?   Loox like a nice relaxing way to start a day, though.

That was the end of the night ;)

• I like it 1

Today I went with an EC NAS.  I'm liking this one.  I had always avoided EC because I found it too oaky.  Now I sort of wish I had a 12YO to compare it with.  Oh well, just going to have to live with this one.

The last time I had regular BT was several years ago.  I got one as a Christmas gift.  I never disliked it.  Anyway, recently I had to purchase multiple bottles all together, to get the discount.  One came home with me.

How would I describe this - very middle of the road bourbon, not in a bad way.  The typical bourbon flavors I'd expect are there.  It doesn't lurch in any particular direction.  There is some sweetness followed by a little oak and a touch of cinnamon spice, no rough edges.  The nose is quite mild, and alcohol subdued for 90 proof.  Overall, I'd call this an easy drinker.

I suppose the reasons I've stayed away are that WT and some others have been so good, and many retailers price BT well above its' legitimate competitors.

For just under $20 (what I paid) this is a nice diversion.

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Celebrated a long awaited promotion last night.

44C613D2-0BAF-4486-A2D4-984C413F091B.jpeg

Congrats on your promotion, and on your pour!

A busy day of cooking, dishes, smoking a pork butt, cooking, dishes, mowing, and cooking. It's time for a refreshing pour. 

For those of you with a garage freezer, getcha a handle of 4RYL and place it in the freezer. 

20200728_185401.jpg

• I like it 5

Weller SR in the glass this evening. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Buddy from work, new into the Whiskey game asked if the Old Ezra 7 he found was worth $80. I had him over instead and we shared a glass of mine purchased for $40. And then had some WTRB Rye since it's my new flavor of the month. Good night!

• I like it 3

FRYL straight from the freezer after another 90+ degree day in a very appropriate glass.   ?

20200729_191335.jpg

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 8

49 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

FRYL straight from the freezer after another 90+ degree day in a very appropriate glass.   ?

20200729_191335.jpg

Me too

IMG_20200729_194020.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Me too

IMG_20200729_194020.jpg

Nice, but you're not drinking from a jam jar of Bonne Maman strawberry .  I'm just trying to Save the Planet!   ?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.