What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Suiting out under the umbrella on our RV site in a gentle downpour. No wind. Just a nice Summer rain. Watching the boats caught in the rain heading back in. Just replenished my rv stash with a bottle of Longbranch. Going to have a bit later 

5B969EEC-5753-4BCC-941A-7AFFEDD3E3A2.jpeg

62F31B2A-95B0-439A-A885-1413FAD646F4.jpeg

• I like it 2

I normally try to wait until at least 5pm before I pour anything but I'm making an exception today because it's my birthday. In honor of my fellow moderator Joe who is integral to the running of this community, I'm dipping into the BT wheated family first with a small sip of PVW20 and now with a more proper sized pour of WLW '17. Headed out to dinner on the early side so getting a pour in early!

• I like it 14

36 minutes ago, flahute said:

and now with a more proper sized pour of WLW '17. 

Happy Birthday. ?

That 2017 WLW is just freaking incredible.

One of my top 5...ever!

Cheers to you!

• I like it 4

6 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Happy Birthday. ?

That 2017 WLW is just freaking incredible.

One of my top 5...ever!

Cheers to you!

Thanks! I had forgotten how good it is. Sipped it slow and savored every drop.

• I like it 5

A little WT 101 on our 3rd day at the Emerald Coast.

Prost!  Phil 

15969305882883297588430528286652.jpg

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 5

A healthy pour of my freezer FRYL into a NEW Yeti 10oz wine tumbler w/top.  WOOF!   ?

Wagyu strip steaks with macaroni and veggie salad.  Yum!   ?

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, flahute said:

I normally try to wait until at least 5pm before I pour anything but I'm making an exception today because it's my birthday. In honor of my fellow moderator Joe who is integral to the running of this community, I'm dipping into the BT wheated family first with a small sip of PVW20 and now with a more proper sized pour of WLW '17. Headed out to dinner on the early side so getting a pour in early!

Happy Birthday! Great pours.  How was the PVW 20?

7 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

A healthy pour of my freezer FRYL into a NEW Yeti 10oz wine tumbler w/top.  WOOF!   ?

Me too!  Er, partly.  Yes on freezer 4RYL after making the drive to Michigan.  

Frozen pizza for the kids on the grill. 

A three heart emoji, and an all caps emphasis, and we don't even get to see a picture of the glass?  

• I like it 1

Happy birthday Stevo! I hope you have a great day. 

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Happy Birthday! Great pours.  How was the PVW 20?

Thanks! PVW20 (this particular bottle) for me depends on palate at the time. It can either be a tad heavy on the oak or one of the best pours I've ever had. Tonight it was a tad oaky which is why I limited myself to a sip. I have to say that the finish was amazing which reminded me of how good it can be. PVW15 has always been much more in my wheelhouse. No complaints however. When the palate is aligned, the big pour of PVW20 can be amazing.

• I like it 2

Just now, Phil T said:

Happy birthday Stevo! I hope you have a great day. 

Thanks my friend! Looking forward to the next meeting in Bardstown.

• I like it 1

Happy Birthday, Bro!!

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Dang Frank, I'm sure you filled that 10 oz Yeti...?

Edited by Phil T

10 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Dang Frank, I'm sure you filled that 10 oz Yeti...?

?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLAUTE!!! My favorite two pours. You go boy.

2 hours ago, flahute said:

. . .  because it's my birthday. . . .

Well, then!   Happy Birthday, Steve.    It's so cute how you youngsters still remember when these "birthday" things come around.   Heeee-Heeeeeeee   ??

Have Fun, my friend!     ...And thanx for all you do for all of us who enjoy this site so much.

• I like it 5

Happy Birthday Steve! In your honor, I reckon I’ll also have to have a pour of 2017 WLW. No arm twisting needed. ^_^

Cheers Brother! 

Joe

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Suiting out under the umbrella on our RV site in a gentle downpour. No wind. Just a nice Summer rain. Watching the boats caught in the rain heading back in. Just replenished my rv stash with a bottle of Longbranch. Going to have a bit later 

Be care, you don't want it to spill out!

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

I so want to be like you when I grow up!

Edited by mbroo5880i

I posted in another thread that I purchased 6 bottles today for a 15% discount.  One didn't make it into the house.  Fortunately, it was the least expensive bottle and one of two that I bought.  I decided to drown my sorrow for the loss of a good bottle of whiskey to gravity and pavement by opening a few of the new residents in my home.  I popped open the WTRB and FRSiB.  I added ECBP and New Riff to the lineup.  Small pours of all but the ECBP.  1/2 to 1 ounce just to get a taste.  This might be my first pour of the WTRB and it was stellar.  I followed with slightly larger pour of FRSiB which while good paled in comparison.  I followed with my largest pour - ECBP 139.4 proofed down to which was as always solid.  My last pour is a smaller pour of New Riff Single Barrel (111 proof).  It really holds it own.  I would rate the pours WTRB>ECBP>New Riff >FRSiB.  I believe FRSiB seemed sweet compared to the other bottles.  Of course, it was the lowest proof.  I believe tomorrow, I will try the same lineup but in reverse. I am a data driven kind of guy.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

I opened at WT 101.  It sets the bar pretty high, keeps me from buying much expensive stuff, unless you folks really convince me.

Funny thing - this is the second time I've gotten a bottle with a messed up label.  Both times, all or part of a second label got stuck on.  Good thing I don't buy it for the label. ?

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

I always enjoy pictures of your view Jeff. And, of course,  you're always drinking or eating something very good. ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.