What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Having a bit of Weller12 to night. So good. 

And I sir shall join you. The last pour of an old label/bottle Weller 12 is currently in my glass. Cheers brother. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Opened an old school KC 9yr age stated from the stash I bought before they went NAS. This is Beam how I like it.

• I like it 2

I been sipping some RR B 4th floor. Because I can be a greedy bastard from time to time I've got quite a few from this barrel stashed. Oh hell, if I had the whole barrel it still wouldn't be enough! Huge flavors but drinks like an 86. Incredible would be a gross understatement. My local LS informed me today that he received a call from a well know MD in Lawrenceburg. He was thanked for his patronage and asked to set a date for a barrel pick (or two). After pleasantries were exchanged the gentleman asked if he could have the pleasure of picking? Of course the LS said please and was informed the pick was made that very afternoon, apparently a "real honey" from B floor 4. Who would have guessed? :) 

I'm sure this story only amuses me but I've got to admit I'm all a twitter. Now I return to Carol King singing about ketchup. 

• I like it 1

Elijah Craig SmB K&L store pick while grilling some burgers and veggies on a warm, muggy evening here in the Bay Area. As Larry David would say, pretty, pretty, pretty good. 

2D6355EF-3D5E-4C31-89A5-A0C31EFC0DC5.jpeg

• I like it 4

22 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

I been sipping some RR B 4th floor. Because I can be a greedy bastard from time to time I've got quite a few from this barrel stashed. Oh hell, if I had the whole barrel it still wouldn't be enough! Huge flavors but drinks like an 86. Incredible would be a gross understatement. My local LS informed me today that he received a call from a well know MD in Lawrenceburg. He was thanked for his patronage and asked to set a date for a barrel pick (or two). After pleasantries were exchanged the gentleman asked if he could have the pleasure of picking? Of course the LS said please and was informed the pick was made that very afternoon, apparently a "real honey" from B floor 4. Who would have guessed? :) 

I'm sure this story only amuses me but I've got to admit I'm all a twitter. Now I return to Carol King singing about ketchup. 

When you find an exceptional RR barrel it only behooves you to stock up to the hilt so well done.

• I like it 1

FRYL Freezer bottle with 10oz Navy Blue wine tumbler with Mag-Lid.  No ice needed for a loong time!   (somebody wanted a pic)!   ?

Freezer Roses.jpg

Bottle on third refill from 1.75L handle.  ISO 1L.   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

Having a really good pour of the batch 24 Barrell Bourbon. This is the most KY tasting batch in a while. Good stuff. 
A3177DF5-85D1-4501-832E-D5D100B3C1BC.thumb.jpeg.ae03c1c91348c4b8ddac8bda4c9ccb7c.jpeg

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Quick check and yep, 4th floor B.  Three samples, but it was a one sip tasting. The other two were still delish, the B was just clearly superior. E610D0B1-7878-4455-8053-F0D09F971DED.thumb.jpeg.0672bdb2be4a8b79853fa7ec1b601a52.jpegBy a lot. 

• I like it 1

I revisited my bottle of stagg jr. Batch 14 since it has been opened for a couple weeks and ended up loving it. I was dissapointed at first but this really opened up well and a portion of the heat is not there anymore to the point it is a lot more enjoyable. I would not mind to have 1 or 2 more for the stash.

• I like it 2

Cracked a fresh WTRB after struggling through and eventually dumping that Old Forge reserve last night. This is so much better. 

• I like it 2

Well, I'm once again enjoying what I believe is my favorite Bourbon right now, Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  Deeelicious!!

• I like it 7

Enjoyed a pour of my #1, if I had to drink one bourbon for the rest of my life, bourbon, CEHT SmB.

• I like it 4

Last night for my brothers birthday on virtual happy hour. Followed by a bottle kill of RC-6.

12286F04-B3E8-42E1-A83F-D3F1384A693D.jpeg

• I like it 5

Just now, marshall9779 said:

Last night for my brothers birthday on virtual happy hour. Followed by a bottle kill of RC-6.

12286F04-B3E8-42E1-A83F-D3F1384A693D.jpeg

Tasty treat for a b-day

22 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

I revisited my bottle of stagg jr. Batch 14 since it has been opened for a couple weeks and ended up loving it. I was dissapointed at first but this really opened up well and a portion of the heat is not there anymore to the point it is a lot more enjoyable. I would not mind to have 1 or 2 more for the stash.

That's how I felt about batch 13, especially after batch 12. But after a few weeks it really started to sing and I'm glad I bought more than one.  Batch 14 hasn't showed up yet here in NoCal.

8 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Enjoyed a pour of my #1, if I had to drink one bourbon for the rest of my life, bourbon, CEHT SmB.

I am getting into that same boat. I have 3 backup bottles but i feel like i need 30. I much prefer this over blantons even though it is very high on my list as well.

2 minutes ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

I am getting into that same boat. I have 3 backup bottles but i feel like i need 30. I much prefer this over blantons even though it is very high on my list as well.

Got three back ups myself, but, like you a few more would make me sleep easier.

2 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Got three back ups myself, but, like you a few more would make me sleep easier.

I have a store that has several bottles but rarely do i find 1 anywhere else.

19 minutes ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

I have a store that has several bottles but rarely do i find 1 anywhere else.

Yeah it's to the point that it is up front with all the other allocated bottles.  Noticed you're from KY too.  What area?

47 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Yeah it's to the point that it is up front with all the other allocated bottles.  Noticed you're from KY too.  What area?

Casey county

Having my first taste of Monkey Shoulder that a neighbor gifted me for helping on a project.   It’s ok but I am already looking forward to a pour of BT when I finish this.  

Officially hooked on bourbon.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.