What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Weller SR. First one I’ve ever had that I like. Very sweet where all the others Ive ever had have been void.

• I like it 2

On a nice night, though smoky from various wildfires a few counties away in multiple directions, very much enjoying multiple pours of OGD BIB over ice with a few dads whose kids go to the same elementary school as my younger son.  

An EC store pick and some OF Rye. Nothing exciting, but it's been a week and I didn't want to think too much 

Started with a small pour of ER, followed by a healthy pour of VOB 100 while watching LAC & DAL since the Mets are postponed.

Started off killing a ceht with 2 huge glencairn pours. Then had 2 pours of wsr and am capping off with a pour of baby saz. Well maybe 1 more pour it is friday night btw.

• I like it 1

I'm having a couple of pours of ER this evening. Been a while since I've had this.  

Biba! Joe

Unknown-2.jpeg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

LB3 to open up. 

To close out the evening, ECBP 139.8. Heavy Duty Bourbon.

I really like these high octane pours in my Canadian glencairn. The shape of the glass knocks down the ethanol burn, leaving all of the delicious Elijah Craig flavors  to enjoy. 

Cheers 

• I like it 2

Opening 3 in a row this weekend.  Sampling the Dickel now and enjoying it.  The batch 8 Stagg Jr. will be next and then the JM, which I can just sip all day long.

0822201127b.jpg

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

Opening 3 in a row this weekend.  Sampling the Dickel now and enjoying it.  The batch 8 Stagg Jr. will be next and then the JM, which I can just sip all day long.

Of the several batches of Stagg Jr that I’ve had, Batch #8 was my favorite. I hope you like it as much as I did. Cheers and enjoy! ?

Biba! Joe

50 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Of the several batches of Stagg Jr that I’ve had, Batch #8 was my favorite. I hope you like it as much as I did. Cheers and enjoy! ?

Biba! Joe

Thanks, I agree, batch #8 hits all the right notes. This is the last #8 I have so I'll be nursing this one.  Hope you enjoy a beautiful weekend.  Cheers...

• I like it 1

Currently sipping on this. I've been eyeing it ever since it hit the shelves earlier this yr but priced too high IMO. It's now 50% off and a closeout item at Mariano's. SiB store pick. For $29 hard to pass up! 

15981365394815079095973661184513.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, liquidbarrels said:

Currently sipping on this. I've been eyeing it ever since it hit the shelves earlier this yr but priced too high IMO. It's now 50% off and a closeout item at Mariano's. SiB store pick. For $29 hard to pass up! 

15981365394815079095973661184513.jpg

I haven't had one yet, but I'd definitely bite for $29. 

I’m not sure why I just don’t drink this everyday.  Always solid and I seem to overlook it on the shelf.  

9239E00B-F96C-460E-950E-55A5A10D852D.jpeg

• I like it 5

2 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

Weller and Dickel tonight.

Those seem like oil & water to me. 

Amazing how varied everyone's taste buds are. The spice of life. 

?

Cheers

• I like it 1

Had some 4RYL from the freezer early this evening and it was excellent as expected. Then after dinner Mrs. K and I relaxed and watched the first half of a documentary on George Harrison which we enjoyed. During the movie I sipped on some EC private store pick along the way, and it was darn good.

Now I'm trying the JB brown rice bourbon from their harvest collection of several years ago. Very sweet on the palate. But the high point is the nose, the sweet cinnamon note is really nice.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

Decided to keep the sweet train rolling, so I poured some old paper label 7 year Weller SR.  Just a damn nice balanced bourbon.

• I like it 3

On 8/22/2020 at 3:35 AM, Wedelstaedt said:

To close out the evening, ECBP 139.8. Heavy Duty Bourbon.

Well said. Heavy duty.  Maybe even Industrial  Duty 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.