What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I opened my first Early Times one litre this evening. It's really a pleasant sipper. Approachable, reasonably complex yet undemanding. 

• I like it 2

Had a little WSR last night.  Definitely more approachable then when I first cracked it 6 months ago.  Seems to have mellowed out more and more of the harshness/irregularities are gone.  Good stuff.

• I like it 2

I'm having a pour from a sample of 90 proof Clark & Sheffield bourbon left to me by Vosgar. It ain't half bad. As a matter of fact, it's pretty decent. Interesting and a bit surprising in a good way. Hmmmmm. Let's see.... the nearest Binny's is 52.3 miles away. ? 

It's too bad the one being built here isn't finished yet. FWIW, I stopped by to take a look at it a couple days ago. They're busy as beavers, and it's shaping up rather nicely. A few more weeks. A few more weeks........ :P 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Preparing for a hurricane and having a really good pour of KC store pick that is 15 years old. KC had some great SB the last couple of years. 

• I like it 4

26 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Preparing for a hurricane and having a really good pour of KC store pick that is 15 years old. KC had some great SB the last couple of years. 

Batten down the hatches Woody. Stay safe and be well brother.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Batten down the hatches Woody. Stay safe and be well brother.

Biba! Joe

Ditto what Joe said LCWoody. Take care!

• I like it 1

Met up again with @fosmith for a socially distanced HH.  As always, he was a generous host.  ‘Twas great to catch up with him, as well as deliver the bottles I’d picked up for him over the past several months.

Enjoyed pours of the following with him:

Old Crow (1999 bottle date)

WT81 (2011 laser code)

George Dickel 13 year

SAOS 5 year (K&L PS)

W.B. Saffel

HH BIB 7 year

Old Potrero Rye Barrel Proof

Revival Jimmy Red Corn

Four Square 2007 rum

• I like it 2

I haven’t starting drinking yet, but it will happen. ?  I’ll probably be climbing some variation of the Weller ladder. After being sidelined for almost 6 months following rotator cuff surgery, I‘m headed back to work Friday. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

I haven’t starting drinking yet, but it will happen. ?  I’ll probably be climbing some variation of the Weller ladder. After being sidelined for almost 6 months following rotator cuff surgery, I‘m headed back to work Friday. ?

Biba! Joe

Glad to hear you're mending.  You're the Weller Whore, would it be anything else.

• I like it 1

Biba! Joe

Well look on the bright side. You only missed 6wks of work. :) Hope you've had a full recovery but those shoulders will stay soft for an "old man". I'm protecting mine as I type.

Last night I started with a pour of Russell's Reserve 10-year.  It tasted so unpleasant I almost poured it out.  I switched to Knob Creek 9-yr.  It didn't bother me about the RR: just confirmed that every whiskey doesn't taste the same every day.  Usually I find it delicious, and I'm sure it will next time.

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Here's my tentative line up. ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0001.jpeg

• I like it 4

21 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Here's my tentative line up. ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0001.jpeg

Good stuff. Are we drinking left to right? 

14 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Good stuff. Are we drinking left to right? 

Probably right to left.

31 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Probably right to left.

Doh, I actually meant to ask if you were doing right to left?  L to R is my normal assumption but not with that WLW  sitting over there.  Closing with your own blend is awesome.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Really?

going back on a Friday.

That’s just cruel!

• I like it 1

Like the past coupla nights, about 2oz. of VOB 100, in a rocks glass, and then put in the freezer for about 1/2 hour. Chills down perfect and hits the spot.

Opened up the bourbon cabinet tonight and WT101 was staring me in the face.  Just had to go with it.  I do love that WT profile.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:21 AM, marshall9779 said:

Pours from this past weekend.

4B6239F0-09A7-4E4B-B6C8-04AEC9248286.jpeg

026EC7AA-B8D9-4296-B969-F2AB52665192.jpeg

575BC38C-9537-4D24-B939-96A4D028C712.jpeg

How is the KC 12 year?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.