What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, k-train said:

Bowman Bros. SmB to ECBP B520 to this:
42975533_EvanWilliamsBiB-3b.thumb.jpg.75f7b5f12c8aa3d1b5ce58e903850b7a.jpg

I find a lot of similarity to ewbib and ec 94 proof.

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Having a bit of BT as I wait to watch the derby

When does the derby start?

1 hour ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

I agree & actually mistook them for one another in a blind I did about a month ago.

I got rid of my Glencairns years ago and use larger and heavier glasses now. I got tired of the contortions required to drink from the darn things. I think they are fine for nosing, but I tend to drink my Bourbons and Ryes.

6 minutes ago, Ace1943 said:

I got rid of my Glencairns years ago and use larger and heavier glasses now. I got tired of the contortions required to drink from the darn things. I think they are fine for nosing, but I tend to drink my Bourbons and Ryes.

I agree, i am getring tired of mine as well. 

5 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Having a bit of BT as I wait to watch the derby

What that hat going to do? Produce rabbits?  Doves?B)

I’m still working on the 375 of KC I found yesterday afternoon when cleaning up the utility room.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

4 hours ago, k-train said:

I agree & actually mistook them for one another in a blind I did about a month ago.

That would have never happened with the original 12 year old EC small batch.

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That would have never happened with the original 12 year old EC small batch.

True.

1324635052_RussellsReserveSiBPrivateSelection-12b.thumb.jpg.510d08b02ee59e3de6c284721a943c07.jpg

More of this one tonight... and damn, it's good!! Think I need to go grab another one or two bottles while I can.

• I like it 7

Was at the daughter and SIL's yesterday for my grandsons 3'rd birthday party so it was a limited selection (he's more into beer).  Ended up with a pour of the basic Old Forrester.  He was apologizing so I told him OF is good and . . .  better yet, it was free.

• I like it 4

On 9/4/2020 at 6:11 PM, clearmoon247 said:

Currently drinking a blend of 8-15 year cask strength bourbon & rye with a small amount of Rhetoric 23 & 23 year armagnac.

Nice! What Armagnac do you have in the blend?

Well, maybe this post would be better in the Cocktail section, but since it's so blazin' hot here today (106, which is never heard of for Berkeley), I couldn't enjoy anything neat. So, I decided to break out a bottle of Old No. 7 from 1985 that I bought a few years back, and mix it with Coke. The bottle even has the original price tag of "$10.99" on it! 

I believe that I've made a confession on here before that I have a secret love for JD and Coke, probably because being from Tennessee, that's what my dad and everyone else drank back in the day. I just love all that good ole charcoal filtering taste and fusel oil funkiness! 

As I'm enjoying this Jack and Coke, I'm starting to prepare some barbecue ribs for tonight while listening to Hank Williams Sr. Seems like a perfect fit. 

Hope everyone's having a great Labor Day/Derby weekend! 

Cheers, ?

Nancy

IMG_4996.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 7

1 hour ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Nice! What Armagnac do you have in the blend?

A 1996 vintage Dartigalongue. It was a gift from my better half this week.

20200905_190048.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Well, maybe this post would be better in the Cocktail section, but since it's so blazin' hot here today (106, which is never heard of for Berkeley), I couldn't enjoy anything neat. So, I decided to break out a bottle of Old No. 7 from 1985 that I bought a few years back, and mix it with Coke. The bottle even has the original price tag of "$10.99" on it! 

I believe that I've made a confession on here before that I have a secret love for JD and Coke, probably because being from Tennessee, that's what my dad and everyone else drank back in the day. I just love all that good ole charcoal filtering taste and fusel oil funkiness! 

As I'm enjoying this Jack and Coke, I'm starting to prepare some barbecue ribs for tonight while listening to Hank Williams Sr. Seems like a perfect fit. 

Hope everyone's having a great Labor Day/Derby weekend! 

Cheers, ?

Nancy

IMG_4996.jpg

You aren't going to believe this... a 1987 bottle I got a couple months ago.

20200727_202050.jpg

• I like it 1

We've spent the weekend with my immediate family for the first time in eight months or so, and what a joy it has been. If the dregs of this newly opened OF 100 are any sign, we thoroughly enjoyed our time together.

IMG_20200906_191820_compress5.jpg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.