What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

56 minutes ago, TwoFingers said:

I went with a pour of Legent this evening.  I have really been liking this.  It seems well put together.  Sweet upfront with some dark fruit in there and a little spice on the finish.  I also think it has gotten a little better as it has been open.

I never warmed to my first bottle when it was first released, but I had a very similar experience to yours on the second bottle I picked up a couple months ago.  Those dark fruits pushed more to the forefront second time around, and it seemed altogether more, as you say, “well put together”.  I believe this is all me and my evolving tastes, and not a change in the whiskey.  But, happy to have it, nonetheless.  

Enjoying the hell outta some 4R this evening.... in more ways than one.

The Bulleit SB (assumed 4R) was fantastic.

The OBSQ I’m on now is good, but less so, and in a different way.
?‍♂️

D1CEA348-2FD0-4151-9E8A-ECCC2E1D9CAD.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 9/6/2020 at 9:03 PM, marshall9779 said:

Pours from earlier this weekend including a taste of my mini barrel aged Dant at 10 weeks.  Coming along. 

D067B18B-DF69-44EF-B396-FBBDDC598739.jpeg

93F3A12E-72CF-4DD6-AB62-79DF1735A2AA.jpeg

C267E088-6676-4F92-9482-899D4295DEB6.jpeg

We just toured the Bowman distillery. 

How do you like the John J. ?

9 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

We just toured the Bowman distillery. 

How do you like the John J. ?

I’m liking it. 

• I like it 1

Had my first taste of Elijah Craig Small Batch with the pre-2016 12-year age statement.  It came onto the palate like a Werther's caramel.  I did a SBS with the current NAS version and they tasted like 2 different whiskies.

I worked over 3 hours  today. I ain’t used to that ?. Joe’s Weller Blend In the glass. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

On 9/5/2020 at 8:02 PM, JCwhammie said:

It's a night full of HH mini drams. 

20200905_195518.jpg

Thanks for this JC. I’ve been contemplating a HH BIB sbsbsbs. I’ve done this before. The trouble is, I haven’t been to KY lately to get any Dant or JTS Brown. As luck would have it, a local store just started carrying both. I bought one of each, plus another EW BIB, just ‘cause. I may even open my last HH 6 for this. Thanks again for the motivation JC. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks for this JC. I’ve been contemplating a HH BIB sbsbsbs. I’ve done this before. The trouble is, I haven’t been to KY lately to get any Dant or JTS Brown. As luck would have it, a local store just started carrying both. I bought one of each, plus another EW BIB, just ‘cause. I may even open my last HH 6 for this. Thanks again for the motivation JC. ?

Biba! Joe

Cheers, Joe! Nights like that remind me how much I really appreciate the true bottom shelter that is EWB. 

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Cheers, Joe! Nights like that remind me how much I really appreciate the true bottom shelter that is EWB. 

Cheer right back at ya’ JC!  I may need to revisit EWB. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve had it. The price is right, and most stores in my area are flush with it. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

A thick and chewy 4R LE 40th out front listening to Braves on the radio.  It’s very early on both, but the 4R is stacking up to be the more enjoyable of the two...  ?

4C264464-ABD7-461B-9095-9367D6B164D4.jpeg

• I like it 4

Been alternating some RR 10yr and WT 101. I do like the RR 10, but the WT 101 has a more active character. The RR 10 has more wood spice, but the 101 is just such a nice blend of sweetness, spice, and a hint of wood. I love RR SiB at $60, but the 101 at $25 is such a great value. The RR 10 is one of the last age stated and reasonably available bourbons from the majors so good bang for your buck too. Long live the Russells!

57 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

A thick and chewy 4R LE 40th out front listening to Braves on the radio.  It’s very early on both, but the 4R is stacking up to be the more enjoyable of the two...  ?

Wow the bottles you old folks pull out sometimes..

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

That looks incredible.  Wish I had a bottle or 4 of that one.

• I like it 1

A sample of Lincoln Road Willett Rye from a friend. I don't know how old, maybe 7 from 2018. Can't find any fault with it. 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, IamMatt said:

Had my first taste of Elijah Craig Small Batch with the pre-2016 12-year age statement.  It came onto the palate like a Werther's caramel.  I did a SBS with the current NAS version and they tasted like 2 different whiskies.

yep, there ain't no comparison.  the pre-fire and post-fire 12 yr are both great.  When they first went to 8 yr it was similar, just younger with less complexity.  This stuff they hawk now is a whole different animal.  They might call it small batch but tastes like mass produced 5 or 6 year to me.

10 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A medium pour of a ps OFSB this evening. Long day tomorrow. ?

Biba! Joe

Long days are a good problem to have though Joe. Hope it goes by smoothly

• I like it 1

having a pour of SJ batch 14 that i just cracked. wow, this is a big bourbon, surprising thst its not hotter neat. has the usual SJ cherry & dark chocolate, brown sugar, & a dry finish of medium length. curious as to how it opens up.

• I like it 1

Probably starting tonight, and for the weekend. This is all the HH bottles I have except a back up EW BIB in the bunker. Again, thanks go to JCwhammie for the inspiration and motivation. :D

Biba! Joe

DSC_0007.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Probably starting tonight, and for the weekend. This is all the HH bottles I have except a back up EW BIB in the bunker. Again, thanks go to JCwhammie for the inspiration and motivation. :D

Biba! Joe

DSC_0007.jpeg

Looks like a pretty nice line up there, Ken!! 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.