What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had three bottles I had never tried, which just didn't seem right.  So I started with Maker's Mark Cask Strength.  I'll give it a couple more chances but I disliked the first pour so much I dumped it down the sink.  Moved on to an Old Forester Single Barrel store pick (the old 90 proof).  Pretty good.  It was pretty similar to the OF 100 so soon I will do a SBS ow the SiB and the 100 proofed down to 90 to see how close they are (or to see if the SiB is worth twice as much as the 100).

Finishing the night with my first taste of Russell's Reserve Single Barrel.  The family joined me; wife had it on the rocks and son had it neat.  All three of use were favorably impressed, which is notable because neither of them are particularly fond of higher-proof whiskeys.  Definitely the best $10 bottle of whiskey I ever had lol.

Finished off a RY100 the other night then some Woodinville last night after an afternoon in the woods. Little spike got a pass.

FB689982-3D04-4499-81E9-853D07A2C167.jpeg

60869357-62F4-486F-A51C-ACBCBBF84644.jpeg

• I like it 5

A119 on a cube.  Im letting it proof down to what I feel will be tonight's sweet spot. No clue what the exact proof will be, but i know ill be happy

20200916_190817.jpg

First pour of Old Tub.  The jury is still out on this one.  The nose is a little subdued but there is some toffee and a little char.  Has a fairly oily mouth feel.  I am getting a good deal of corn and what I guess some call the Beam funk.  I think it is better than the JB BIB but I would rather have OGD BIB than the Old Tub.  Will see if it gets better as I go through the bottle.

IMG_20200916_155153160.jpg

Working to finish off the last bits of a Cumberland Cask Vanilla Bean finished bottle. I have another and while digging around for it, I realized I actually have 2 more bottles of it, which is good because it's quite nice. It's Dickel, cask strength, but finished in a port cask with vanilla beans. It works, and the finishing helps tame the dickel vitamin note a lot, so that it's only a small part of the experience rather than dominating the finish. It drinks less than the 122+ proof.

This has improved substantially with some  open air time.

gentle kiss of red hots cinnamon candy, hidden behind what I can only describe as an ETL profile.  I’m probably crazy though.   ?‍♂️

86AB4434-7165-4D04-B0A1-BB21EEBC3FFD.jpeg

• I like it 1

Old Forester 1920, 1792 12yo and an Old Forester Single Barrel PS at a Bourboncentric joint in Louisville. 

D3E687A1-94A6-4978-AEBB-02FE76B04D67.thumb.jpeg.55329ec7d2ac3c03137d55cd7834f3b9.jpeg

WOW great pics. I'm really getting thirsty looking at this pours. Here's mine for the second night in a row. Yum Yum

Edited by FacePlant

Just now, marshall9779 said:

My dad turned 70 yesterday so had some Pappy to celebrate virtually.

Happy Birthday to your father, and cheers to you as well.  ?

Biba! Joe

My wonderful wife did some grocery shopping today.  And wouldn’t ya’ know it, she bought something for me too.  Yeah, she’s a keeper. I’ve known that for  38+ years now.  ?

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.3b1f4a7268897dcec3e156ec7b672a67.jpeg

• I like it 9

They say “go big or go home“

I did both today!

Somebody is gonna hate me, but this isn’t my favorite batch ever of ECBP...

it is very good though.

9EDC6E80-2AD8-4E20-BD0B-2452BE420867.jpeg

• I like it 4

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My wonderful wife did some grocery shopping today.  And wouldn’t ya’ know it, she bought something for me too.  Yeah, she’s a keeper. I’ve known that for  38+ years now.  ?

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.3b1f4a7268897dcec3e156ec7b672a67.jpeg

That's my favorite, value pour right now. 

• I like it 1

Had a pour of Four Roses SmBS to celebrate my son being 9 months old today (opened it when we was born for a celebratory pour). 

Now on to some KC 9 while watching the NBA Finals. It's really hittin' all the right notes. Realling diggin' both KC 9 and 12 right now.

EDIT: What I'm not watching is the Mets down by 13 to the Braves in the 6th.

Edited by JakeySnakes
update

After finishing off the Bulleitt, I moved on to something a little more in my wheelhouse. Ahhh...that's better.

Switched from The Boys to Cobra Kai while waiting for Mrs. Clueby to get here with my sister in law and niece that will be staying with us for the weekend.

20200918_203542.jpg

• I like it 2

23 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Been looking forward to a pour of this all day.

I literally woke up this morning craving some ET BiB.

5D02E938-3A5B-4E7B-B143-D67FA756C4C1.jpeg

If you are waking up craving bourbon, we might need to have an intervention! ?

1 minute ago, Clueby said:

If you are waking up craving bourbon, we might need to have an intervention! ?

Ok, bring a few bottles over here and let’s get to it!

?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.