What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Four Roses in the glass this evening. Always a pleasant pour. ?

Biba! Joe

Didn't know FR made a wheater. ??

• I like it 5

On 9/19/2020 at 2:46 AM, k-train said:

Bowman Brothers SmB
1930221732_BowmanBrothers-3b.thumb.jpg.494ce7db51da00f8e46611bfd95da567.jpg

Nice, fancy pic.  You do that? or are we looking at a photo of your frontal lobe??:o

• I like it 1

Okay, Weller SR in the glass this evening. Partly to get back to something more in my wheelhouse, and partly in celebration. My son got a smart thermostat for us a few weeks ago. My wonderful wife and I installed it today. No yelling, no arguments, no looks, and not much hassle. “Alexa, set the thermostat to off.” Wow! “Don’t git much bettern‘ this Vern.”  F**kin’ A Bubba! :P 

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 8

A little Woodford “batch proof” tonight (otherwise known as my favorite sample of the bunch that didn’t get picked).

Has a subtle maple syrup flavor about it that I just love.

0A6F29D8-9CC7-4A48-987E-F0B3EF2AE4AF.jpeg

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Nice, fancy pic.  You do that? or are we looking at a photo of your frontal lobe??:o

Thanks! Yeah, I shot that one using a long exposure & some light drawing techniques. It's a 30 second long exposure which is shot in total darkness. I used an off-camera speedlight which fires for a split second the moment the exposure begins to light the initial scene. Then during the darkness for the remainder of the exposure, I used an emergency flashlight (which has a green translucent tip) to "draw" the light trails. When you are moving steadily during such a long exposure in darkness like this, the camera doesn't pick up your hand or the flashlight itself, just the light trail.

• I like it 6

48 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Stagg Jr. bath 13 (128.4 proof). Honestly it’s been a hot mess of a bottle. Water helps. 

Weird.

I absolutely love that batch.

Tastes like barrel proof Buffalo Trace, instead of the usual BP Eagle Rare (which I also like).

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Weird.

I absolutely love that batch.

Tastes like barrel proof Buffalo Trace, instead of the usual BP Eagle Rare (which I also like).

The first few pours from the bottle were great. But you know how it goes, lots of variation just due to things you ate, toothpaste, weather, etc.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

The first few pours from the bottle were great. But you know how it goes, lots of variation just due to things you ate, toothpaste, weather, etc.

Pro tip:  Stop eating toothpaste. ?

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 3

Sitting on the back porch enjoying the next to last pour of this bottle. I'm a broken record on KC12, I absolutely love it. And it goes perfect while listening to the Turnpike Troubadours. The faint smell of smoke from someone's firepit is just icing on the cake. 

20200921_194515.jpg

20200921_194918.jpg

• I like it 7

Rebel Yell 100 followed by a couple OF Rye old fashioned’s. Really liking the RY right now and only wish I could find a bottle of their 10 version 

On 9/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, mal00768 said:

Stagg Jr. bath 13 (128.4 proof). Honestly it’s been a hot mess of a bottle. Water helps. 

Instead of cutting with water, try cutting with BT or ER10. I saved many a harsh batch of early Stagg Jr. with this method. It's more than just "saving' it. It actually turned it into something quite good and enjoyable.

• I like it 3

On 9/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, flahute said:

Instead of cutting with water, try cutting with BT or ER10. I saved many a harsh batch of early Stagg Jr. with this method. It's more than just "saving' it. It actually turned it into something quite good and enjoyable.

dSculptor's Blend?  ?

• I like it 2

On 9/27/2020 at 9:55 AM, Bret Bret said:

EC918, sipping hard while making 2 pizzas, one anchovies, one tomatos from the garden.

0927201244c.jpg

0927201244.jpg

@Bret Bret, I'm taking the next flight out. Please keep some leftovers! ? I'll bring a few bottles with me. 

On 9/29/2020 at 9:12 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

@Bret Bret, I'm taking the next flight out. Please keep some leftovers! ? I'll bring a few bottles with me. 

A few bottles?  That calls for more pizzas.  Somehow that could be a steady diet.

• I like it 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, Bret Bret said:

EC918, sipping hard while making 2 pizzas, one anchovies, one tomatos from the garden.

0927201244c.jpg

0927201244.jpg

Anchovies! YES! Count me in.

Pat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.