Sign in to follow this  
Mule Skinner

Dickel BiB second release

Mule Skinner

I picked up a few of the 2nd release.  It's an 11 year old, that I find very good.  Same price point as the first release.  I was curious if the 13 year old was going to be a one and done, but not the case.  

• I like it 1

dean_martin

I picked up a bottle of this on Memorial Day to gift to someone I know who likes Dickel.  Not sure if it was a lingering first release or the second release.  Then, I did a little research on it and wished I had picked up one for myself.  Apparently, Dickel's Nicole Austin who came on in 2018 is batting a thousand with both bib releases.  

• I like it 1

BDanner

Picked up the new 11yo BIB release today. Hope it's as good as the 13yo. 

0FCCDC61-050C-4983-910A-4A2B25A3D392_1_201_a.jpeg

lcpfratn

To me, the new 11 year old batch is very similar to the first 13 year old batch. I haven’t done a side by side comparison yet, but if you liked the first batch, I’m pretty sure you’ll like the second batch. Pricing is actually up about five bucks from the first batch. Most stores increased the price of the first batch after it received all the accolades, and the distributors sold out without any indication if there would be a second batch. So, the current price of around $40 may not appear to be much different to most people since they never noticed it when it was priced around $35. It’s still a bargain in my mind for an 11yr BIB whiskey/bourbon, unless you’re one of those Dickel haters...you know who you are...😉

• I like it 3

Paddy

I’ve noticed that all the second release bottles I’ve encountered are 750’s, whereas the first release bottles were 1L.  

Anyone out there seeing any 1L 2nd release bottles?

lcpfratn
15 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I’ve noticed that all the second release bottles I’ve encountered are 750’s, whereas the first release bottles were 1L.  

Anyone out there seeing any 1L 2nd release bottles?

Interesting, I never saw any 1L bottles in my area with the first release...they were all 750ml. 

GaryT
2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Interesting, I never saw any 1L bottles in my area with the first release...they were all 750ml. 

Same here - the only 1L new releases I've seen lately are the ET BIB (another awesome BIB for the money!)  

• I like it 1

kcgumbohead
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

To me, the new 11 year old batch is very similar to the first 13 year old batch. I haven’t done a side by side comparison yet, but if you liked the first batch, I’m pretty sure you’ll like the second batch. Pricing is actually up about five bucks from the first batch. Most stores increased the price of the first batch after it received all the accolades, and the distributors sold out without any indication if there would be a second batch. So, the current price of around $40 may not appear to be much different to most people since they never noticed it when it was priced around $35. It’s still a bargain in my mind for an 11yr BIB whiskey/bourbon, unless you’re one of those Dickel haters...you know who you are...😉

As far as I know this will be an annual release. I had planned to get the new one and SBS with the 13yr but I am seriously curtailing purchases and will instead hold out for the RB rye. For that reason I am glad to hear the new release is similar to the 13yr as I still have about 2/3 of that one, maybe I'll be ready again next year.  The 13 was on shelves as recently as a couple of months ago and just this week the shelves were flush with the new 11 yr version. A fine whiskey and I am glad to see enthusiast focused releases like this, those are the distilleries I like to support when I do purchase, plus I really like  GD.

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 1