Paper Bottles... whaaaaaat?

Galvin0791
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just in case you haven't seen this yet, it looks like Johnnie Walker will be available in paper bottles next year.  ?Will consumers accept this? Will it become a "trend" (I sure hope not)

Puts a new spin on recycling, no? Let's see if I did this correctly. Hopefully the link works.

Diageo to launch Johnnie Walker whisky in paper bottles in 2021 https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/diageo-to-launch-johnnie-walker-whisky-in-paper-bottles-in-2021-5541711.html/amp

Milk, and juice are commonly in paper cartoons.  I don't drink either. How successful was/is plastic bottles for liquor?

Johnnie Walker in a juice box.  What's the shelf life before it starts to oxidize.  With Johnnie Walker Red, could you even tell the difference. ?

• I like it 3

Well, there is any whisky where it won’t make that much difference what the container is made of then it would probably be JW Red.

• I like it 2

I expect to await the long-term proof of the viability of paper containers for any of my whiskey.    When whiskeys so packaged have been in bunkers for 30-years I'll make my decision; based upon the remaining qualities (or lack thereof) of the contents.   This gives me a doubled chance of making the best of this situation.   1) I will have definitive data upon which to base my decision.  2) I'll be long gone, thus preventing a wrong decision!

• I like it 1

This might reduce the stigma of drinking from a bottle in a paper bag.

Paper is made from wood pulp. Does this mean Harry can continue to age his bourbon in paper bottles stored in the trunk of his car?

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.