Bulleit Single Barrel

Tulse
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So far I've seen it at Costco ($50), a local grocery ($60) and fosmith here bought a bottle. All three are store picks, I think.  From what I read so far, they all look to be store picks. 

I had a friend buy the Costco pick for me, but she's out of town for a bit, so there it's stashed. 

If anyone has had one, what's your verdict? 

It’s pretty good if you like Four Roses! We did two barrel picks at the new distillery in Shelbyville before the world went in the crapper (last fall I believe). They are both likely OBSV although they wouldn’t tell us for sure of course. Their attempts to describe the 5 yeasts and 2 mashbills “they” use are amusing.

They are in my opinion both excellent if a little overpriced at around $60 given they are cut to 104 proof. At barrel proof I would like that price a lot more.

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

It’s pretty good if you like Four Roses! We did two barrel picks at the new distillery in Shelbyville before the world went in the crapper (last fall I believe). They are both likely OBSV although they wouldn’t tell us for sure of course. Their attempts to describe the 5 yeasts and 2 mashbills “they” use are amusing.

They are in my opinion both excellent if a little overpriced at around $60 given they are cut to 104 proof. At barrel proof I would like that price a lot more.

Will they at least tell you the age?

7 hours ago, AndyD said:

I think that usually depends on the individual store that is selling the pick.  Bulleit doesn't but the store may have a sign or sticker with the information added. 

I'm currently enjoying a store pick of Bulleit Single Barrel and it is excellent.  I'm liking it better than any 4Roses SBBP that I've had.  According to the store, it's a 10yr OBSO.

• I like it 1

On 7/31/2020 at 7:46 AM, AndyD said:

I don’t think they gave us the age but the barrel stencils indicate they are 10yo in the case of the picks we did. I will have to track down the barrels if I can.

6 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I don’t think they gave us the age but the barrel stencils indicate they are 10yo in the case of the picks we did. I will have to track down the barrels if I can.

Good to know .  Was wondering if they let you see the barrel heads during the pick.  

the only thing I don’t like is that these are not barrel proofs.  Other than that, I think these are great.

We are trying to get “official” confirmation of age (it’s Diageo so we will see!) but I remember being told they were 12yo and based on the barrel stencils our barrels were 12yo.

The tops of the barrels are obviously sanded and restenciled but a date on the side seems consistent with that age. 

0F6FBBA5-29C8-41DA-B0E6-D782D777CA1F.jpeg

D85C4B7A-309D-4863-956F-5965B17676DD.jpeg

458EF144-16A6-423A-B2EC-ABD6F5F2F341.jpeg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

We are trying to get “official” confirmation of age (it’s Diageo so we will see!) but I remember being told they were 12yo and based on the barrel stencils our barrels were 12yo.

The tops of the barrels are obviously sanded and restenciled but a date on the side seems consistent with that age. 

0F6FBBA5-29C8-41DA-B0E6-D782D777CA1F.jpeg

D85C4B7A-309D-4863-956F-5965B17676DD.jpeg

458EF144-16A6-423A-B2EC-ABD6F5F2F341.jpeg

Bruce, is DBH open for in-store browsing or it is it drive-thru/curbside only at this point? I may be in the area on Saturday. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Bruce, is DBH open for in-store browsing or it is it drive-thru/curbside only at this point? I may be in the area on Saturday. Thanks.

It is drive thru only at the moment but if I meet you there I can get you inside! PM me if you want to set something up. Only takes me about 15 minutes at most to get there.

7 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

It is drive thru only at the moment but if I meet you there I can get you inside! PM me if you want to set something up. Only takes me about 15 minutes at most to get there.

Very good, thank Bruce-- I'll give you at least 5 hours advance notice should things pan out.

Regards, Dave

I think you have my number so texting is usually the best way to reach me quickly!

On 8/4/2020 at 5:56 AM, AndyD said:

the only thing I don’t like is that these are not barrel proofs.  Other than that, I think these are great.

The one I have drinks great at 104 proof.  Great intensity of flavor.  That said, I wish I could have tasted it a barrel proof... 

19 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

17 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

This is one of the great things about SB.com. Love this place. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

This is one of the great things about SB.com. Love this place. 

Agreed. I’ve made a point to adhere to your “I don’t drink when angry” mantra— so thanks for that great piece of self-regulation Woody. 

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.