Whiskey "Spam" Emails

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone else get emails like this sent to them?  To me, they make me laugh and cause me to appreciate being in a community like SB that will tell you straight (pun intended) and keeps it simple.  Hope some of you can get a good laugh out of this "Masterclass" and share any other funny emails you may/not have received.

Thanks,

abf274814c5927f3e463587c89b86c428fe31b8a

473bc744c573582ff503019f89f9fa7c6541c3c8
A special invitation from our founder, George Koutsakis
Dear Friend,

Want to turn your passion for whisky into profit?

Today we'll be hosting the first day of Whisky Investing Live 2020 and I noticed that you haven't signed up yet.  As an added incentive, if you join right now I'm knocking 60% off the normal price.  That's just $39.99 for the full 5-day seminar.  

Plus, if you can't attend we'll be releasing recordings of all sessions that you can watch at your convenience.

You can signup now using the link below:

Over the past 5 years I've made a living exclusively from the whisky industry and in this powerful 5-day seminar I'll be sharing everything I've learned about how you can profit from whisky.  

I'll be sharing how you can build a portfolio of bottles and casks that will deliver returns that surpass nearly every other alternative.  I'll share my insights in an independent way, with no sales spin or hidden motives.  You'll hear my full unfiltered commentary about the industry, top companies you should deal with and the common pitfalls that you'll want to be sure to avoid.

While I believe that the primary purpose of whisky should be for enjoyment among friends, you can't ignore the opportunity to also make money from the lucrative industry.  

Learn how you can turn your passion for whisky into profit.  Signup for Whisky Investing Live Now:

To Your Whisky Adventure,
George
Edited by PhantomLamb
  • I like it 1

I have yet to see any 'spam' from anything whiskey related.   Of course I sign up for zilch!   ...And participate on zero platforms beyond this one.

• I like it 1

I get emails from a store I used to frequent. I get them mainly in the fall when they have their whiskey fest/lottery for Pappy, BTAC, and other le’s. I pretty much quit going there. They really raised their prices and started going kinda tater. It also seems like they could care less that I was a pretty darned good customer. 

• I like it 3

Unless this George is teaching people how to become a distributor, liquor store owner, bar or restaurant owner (something with a liquor license) - this is all tater bait.

Haven’t gotten one of these.  My only non-SB whiskey emailS are subscriptions to several local store lists, Chuck, Fred, and Whisky Enthusiast.  I do search for specific reviews when I am VBT researching.

Bernie Lubbers’ free seminar on HH’s site is the only online bourbon course I’ve taken (circa 2009?) and I passed. I was the only student in my class.

• I like it 1

Buy low.  Sell high.  Rinse and repeat.

You each owe me $39.99, but I’ll give you a deal and only charge all of youse $5 apiece.  Pay up!

?

• I like it 2

Graded 'on the curve', eh Harry?       Heeeee-Heeeeeeeeee!   

(I hope you know I'm kidding with you....)

8 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Haven’t gotten one of these.  My only non-SB whiskey emailS are subscriptions to several local store lists, Chuck, Fred, and Whisky Enthusiast.  I do search for specific reviews when I am VBT researching.

Bernie Lubbers’ free seminar on HH’s site is the only online bourbon course I’ve taken (circa 2009?) and I passed. I was the only student in my class.

So you were the valedictorian of your class.  Impressive . . . :P

Harry is "smarter than a tree full of owls!" 

But I did get the Spam e-mail from George K. promising to get untold wealth and happiness for mr if I sell my bunker. Must be my good looks that got me on his list.  ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

37 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

But I did get the Spam e-mail from George K. promising to get untold wealth and happiness for mr if I sell my bunker. Must be my good looks that got me on his list.  ?

If you don’t behave, we’ll sign you up with flaviar next...

?

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

If you don’t behave, we’ll sign you up with flaviar next...

?

Got a call from one of my SEC swimming officials recently about a recent purchase (by his son) from Flaviar of a bottle of PVW 20.  Guess he spent just north of $2k for it.  "Is that a good deal?"  Go figure . . . . . . .   ?

Honestly, I don't remember signing up for these emails.  The only threads I subscribe to are for the PA state stores and a few online retailers that can ship to PA.  

No matter how good PVW20 is, I can't ever imagine spending over $300 for that.  Beyond greedy, that's just insanity...good thing we can learn how to exploit others though through this "Masterclass"!

10 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Graded 'on the curve', eh Harry?       Heeeee-Heeeeeeeeee!   

(I hope you know I'm kidding with you....)

NObody was smarter than ME!!  Uh, Whisky Advocate, not Whisky Enthusiast.  So, I got one wrong.  So, SUE me.:angry:

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Got a call from one of my SEC swimming officials recently about a recent purchase (by his son) from Flaviar of a bottle of PVW 20.  Guess he spent just north of $2k for it.  "Is that a good deal?"  Go figure . . . . . . .   ?

Ha.  I love those calls.

"Please justify this purchase for me..."

So my buddy bought something from Flaviar, and they literally email him every single day.

Even if he so much as goes to the site and looks at something, he gets an email that says "Hi, we saw you checking out this item..... its a great deal, better buy it quick before it's sold out".

Aggressive marketing at its finest!

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Ha.  I love those calls.

"Please justify this purchase for me..."

So my buddy bought something from Flaviar, and they literally email him every single day.

Even if he so much as goes to the site and looks at something, he gets an email that says "Hi, we saw you checking out this item..... its a great deal, better buy it quick before it's sold out".

Aggressive marketing at its finest!

Never heard of Flaviar, is it like CaskCartel? I get an email every other day from them.

55 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Never heard of Flaviar, is it like CaskCartel? I get an email every other day from them.

It's a "whiskey club".

• 3 weeks later...

Not really spam, but pretty close. Emails from bourbon magazines. I get regular emails from gobourbon.com/The Bourbon Review, Bourbon Plus, and Whiskey Advocate to name a few. I used to click on unsubscribe, but before long, I’d click on a link to a bourbon article while searching the internet, and I’d find myself back on their list gain. I just go with the flow now and don’t even bother to unsubscribe anymore. 

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.