Bad Rock rye - Glacier Distilling?

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone tried Bad Rock rye from Glacier Distilling in Montana? I have a friend, who likes whiskey but I wouldn’t consider to be really serious about it, who is trying to get me to try it. Can’t find a ton of reviews and I’m always skeptical of younger craft stuff. I think it’s like a $60ish bottle do not a huge risk, but if I can avoid a drain-pour $60 I’d appreciate any warnings if anyone has tried it

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

Anyone tried Bad Rock rye from Glacier Distilling in Montana? I have a friend, who likes whiskey but I wouldn’t consider to be really serious about it, who is trying to get me to try it. Can’t find a ton of reviews and I’m always skeptical of younger craft stuff. I think it’s like a $60ish bottle do not a huge risk, but if I can avoid a drain-pour $60 I’d appreciate any warnings if anyone has tried it

I have no info on bad rock, but would like to say that I often have really good luck with craft ryes. The bourbon not so much. It seems though craft ryes have recently been, as a general rule, pushing the extremes of what a rye can taste like. And while not a daily sipper can be just perfect as the whiskey of the night. If it were me I'd try it. But then again I like to try them all. I've found a few really spectacular craft ryes just because I like trying new things, and never had one that was completely aweful

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the Bad Rock Rye from Glacier Distilling, tastes young. Not bad, but young. Like, if you thought that WFE rye at 3 years tasted a little grainy and had a slight acetone thing going on, this stuff has a little more of that. But it tastes like it’ll be pretty good with another year or two on it. Not a drain-pour, but the bottle will survive a while amongst strong competition in my house

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.