What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Purchased some ECBP C920. I've been avoiding public spaces because of COVID, but I went late in the evening right before close and they still had a bottle left. Also won my states W12 lottery. This is a bottle I've been dreaming about giving to my brother, I've spent ages trying to find it in a store for MSRP to no avail. The hardest part now will be waiting until X-Mas. 

• I like it 2

Weller 12 Full Proof Store Pick for TOO much money (which was still quite a bit below mail-order prices for regular Weller 12 FP), but I HAD to get it.  The three store pickers have NEVER picked something I thought was average.  Now if I could just remember where I put my WSR I bought last Spring, I could take a family portrait of W12FP, W12, OWA, and WSR for "that Joe".:D  Balanced my cost by buying Hugl Gruner Veltliner on sale.

• I like it 4

45 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Weller 12 Full Proof Store Pick for TOO much money (which was still quite a bit below mail-order prices for regular Weller 12 FP), but I HAD to get it.  The three store pickers have NEVER picked something I thought was average.  Now if I could just remember where I put my WSR I bought last Spring, I could take a family portrait of W12FP, W12, OWA, and WSR for "that Joe".:D  Balanced my cost by buying Hugl Gruner Veltliner on sale.

Magruder's?

2 hours ago, ABVT said:

Purchased some ECBP C920. I've been avoiding public spaces because of COVID, but I went late in the evening right before close and they still had a bottle left. Also won my states W12 lottery. This is a bottle I've been dreaming about giving to my brother, I've spent ages trying to find it in a store for MSRP to no avail. The hardest part now will be waiting until X-Mas. 

Ohio?

1 minute ago, beasled said:

Do you live on a golf course?

Nah, all of our yards look like that over here on this side of the pond.  @JvW just has a smaller lawn.   ?

• I like it 4

Do you live on a golf course?

Far enough away that we can't be hit, but close enough to harass the golfers to get back on the driving range...?

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, JvW said:

Far enough away that we can't be hit, but close enough to harass the golfers to get back on the driving range...?

Nice! After a few pours I'd be blowing raspberries every time someone took a swing haha!

18 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Nah, all of our yards look like that over here on this side of the pond.  @JvW just has a smaller lawn.   ?

That'll be why you lot always bang on about 'yard work' then. :D

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Happy to have these arrive on my doorstep today!

D84E19EF-2DEF-4229-A590-F68BE4ACB1F0.jpeg

Not seen that blue WT12 in a while. Was £45 the last time I bought one, I imagine they're a bit more these days! 

• I like it 1

Not seen that blue WT12 in a while. Was £45 the last time I bought one, I imagine they're a bit more these days! 

Indeed, ‘twas a bit more.  Unfortunately they’re not making any more of it, so had to pay to play........ ?

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, JvW said:

Henry McKenna 10yr BiB...felt lucky.

Dang it. I saw about 5 cases of this today at msrp. I wish there was a way to get bottles  that are plentiful here but not elsewhere to fellow SBers. Especially if they had OWA to swap which I cant find anymore ?

My monthly Blantons and an ER store pick. Like to always have a  Blantons around  just wish it was still $56. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.