What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, jnewberg said:

The C batches of ECBP have been so good the last couple years and I have seen reviews that claim more of that this year... Can't wait for them to hit MI

I’m about three pours into the bottle over the last three days. I tend to enjoy neat pours in the 110 -120 proof range.  When it creeps up much higher than that I tend to add a bit of water.  The first and second day having it I definitely needed a couple drops of water as it hit my tongue very astringent and drying with a lot of oak.  A bit of water made it very nice. Third day (maybe I’ve acclimated, maybe now that the bottle is down to the shoulders) it is perfect neat. I’m not the best at articulating flavors but I definitely got a candy cane peppermint hit when sipping.  And while it does dry out the mouth a bit (it is 132.8 proof) it doesn’t come off as too woody.  Really enjoying it today!

• I like it 3

I “hate” showing up to my local on the day the BT distributor delivers because I can’t say no.

1010836F-130D-49F5-A54A-861D5B3134E9.jpeg

• I like it 9

21 hours ago, Rhettro said:

I purchased a bottle of Booker’s Pigskin Batch 2020-03 a couple of weeks ago. I liked it so much, I added another to the bunker today. 

ECEB1FD3-43C3-46E3-82AF-8DE6FD1CF6F4.jpeg

Oh, that is good.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, fosmith said:

Very excited to try the Early Times BiB as it's never been available here in CA.  And, especially now that the brand has been sold to Sazarac.  Thanks Gene! 

Just purchased some ET BiB. Getting over COVID so I'm waiting for my sense of taste to (hopefully) return before I try it.  I can't find the George Dickel BiB here.  Has anyone tried it?

On 12/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, mal00768 said:

Huh, I figured you only bought scotch whisky. :P

You need to meet my Gin collection. 

breaking in new set of 12 Glencairns with EC12.  Poured a manly dram rather than the sissy pours I normally use with cordial tasting glasses.  glencairn will work better for carrying around backyard or campsite.

• I like it 2

On 12/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, Rhettro said:

I purchased a bottle of Booker’s Pigskin Batch 2020-03 a couple of weeks ago. I liked it so much, I added another to the bunker today. 

ECEB1FD3-43C3-46E3-82AF-8DE6FD1CF6F4.jpeg

I picked up a bottle of the pigskin batch today. Looking forward to trying it for the first time! Im planning to open it after my wife and I close on our first house in two weeks!

A442B764-E206-43E2-8F1E-29DCE8462705.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 12/31/2020 at 2:15 AM, Kyjd75 said:

Oh, that is good.

Peanut brittle, red berry, or big caramel?

Caught a sale in Europe and got 2 Jim Beam Signature 12yrs, 2 4RSBs, and a WTRB (need to re-acquaint). 

Will enjoy them in April when I go home.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Peanut brittle, red berry, or big caramel?

I will let you know later today.  I have a fresh bottle I plan to enjoy while watching Alabama beat up on Notre Dame.  I prefer not to rely on memory from the previous bottle of this version that I enjoyed previously.

• I like it 1

I decided to take the last work day of the year off and do something I haven't done in a while - cruise the White Horse Pike in Jersey (the old route to the shore)  and check all the mom and pop liquor stores that dot these old roadside communities.   I've found great things around here back in the day.     I also got a chance to sit at the counter with my WSJ and some conversation at a Jersey diner - a small pleasure denied me in Pennsylvania,   in more ways than one these days.   

I was pleased with the results of the day - 

-  David Nicholson Reserve,  just 25 bucks and something I've never tried before

-  JIm Beam Distiller's Cut.   This made the grade instead of a Kitchen Table Bookers,  and fifty bucks saved to apply instead to a:: 

-   11 Year Lagavulin Offerman Edition.     This is as delicious as it is hilarious, supposedly hand selected by Ron Swanson himself.  

-   a cool vintage Kentucky Spirit turkey tail,   a Canal's store pick from rickhouse "N"

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.