What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2019 FRSmB LE.  I needed this!  Major bathroom down for remodel, cold weather, eye troubles from prolonged contact lens use, getting old(er), need more???    ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2019 FRSmB LE.  I needed this!  Major bathroom down for remodel, cold weather, eye troubles from prolonged contact lens use, getting old(er), need more???    ?

I’m joining you with some 2017 WLW brother. FWIW, you ain’t alone Frank. I have the other paddle in that canoe. Just substitute kitchen for bathroom. While our kitchen isn’t down, we’re getting ready for a fix up/partial remodel. New cabinet hardware has been purchased. We bought a new light, and under cabinet light for over the stove, and those have been installed. We’ve been checking out flooring, paint colors, sink, faucet, counter tops, and appliances. Hell, I’m dizzy enough as it is. All this crap just makes it worse. :blink:

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

Today just felt like a good day for a pour of Blanton’s SFTB. Must be the cooler weather. 

3A925841-A4E6-4726-A980-A08910CBCB9F.thumb.jpeg.1ea65e37b2492c9fcd6519ea13c7c37a.jpeg

Isnt this the lucifer glass, from the show?

I had some apple cider with ogd100 earlier and having a pour of ceht smb currently. I am working on 3 bottles that are about 25% volume(ceht, a blantons 375 and a wsr 750ml.

4 hours ago, beasled said:

Baker's again this evening, ticking all the boxes. 

Yeap, that pretty well hit my pour on the head. Working on the new bottle so I can get back to the old. :) 

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

Isnt this the lucifer glass, from the show?

I have no idea, as I have never seen that show.  Been using them for awhile, and they are my favorite glasses.

Spent last evening at the firepit with some Willett WFE yr (their distillate).  Boys and girls, Willett has a winner here.

69BE2D4F-F64E-4375-8A31-6D252EDEF89F.jpeg

208755C3-DA19-4501-A1DC-0F319249C6B4_1_201_a.jpeg

• I like it 3

Had my first full pour of my double oaked Dant last night that was aged in my mini Barrel. I’m enjoying. I’ll do a full assessment of the final product sometime soon.

ABABB4BA-168A-43CC-A480-0ED0E63B95BA.jpeg

• I like it 2

I relaxed a little and had a small pour of a ps OFSB when I got home from work today. I then did some trimming along the driveway, cleaned that up, took the garbage out, then had a pour of OF 100. I will say the current OF 100 is much better than the last few OF Signatures/100’s that I had. That being said, in a SBS, I’d still pick the ps OFSB over the OF 100 if I had to chose. That’s just me....

Biba! Joe

PS. As a bit of an afterthought, I had a small vatting of the two. image.png.1bbb1f091cc0aa55a3799f3944a90a61.png

• I like it 1

Was a bad day. My internet connection was constantly dropping and reconnecting during my meetings today. Took my frustrations out on a glass of Weller 12. Mellowed me right out. It’s too good to drink angry. 

• I like it 2

I was reading something on one of my news feeds that was  discussin what you could drink on ketomdiets. They said distilled spirits were generally okay which agrees with what I have been told in the past .  Then they said you should drink Tequila because it is plant based.   So I guess corn is not a plant now. ?

• I like it 1

Needed something good after today's dr. appt. featuring me, my shoulder, and calcific tendonitis. I don't know if 'painful' is the right word? Anyway, had a nice pour of OGD BIB, and now onto KC12, which is really agreeing with me at the moment, while watching the Laker game.

• I like it 2

18 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

Needed something good after today's dr. appt. featuring me, my shoulder, and calcific tendonitis. I don't know if 'painful' is the right word? Anyway, had a nice pour of OGD BIB, and now onto KC12, which is really agreeing with me at the moment, while watching the Laker game.

Best of luck with the shoulder brother. :mellow:

Joe

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

I was reading something on one of my news feeds that was  discussin what you could drink on ketomdiets. They said distilled spirits were generally okay which agrees with what I have been told in the past .  Then they said you should drink Tequila because it is plant based.   So I guess corn is not a plant now. ?

In case you are wondering if keto really works while one is drinking distilled spirits I confirm that it does!

I lost 40 lbs. on a strict keto diet while drinking plenty of bourbon along the way.

• I like it 2

I'm really digging a Maker's Private Select tonight, one that I first opened a couple of weeks ago. You know the series, the one with different custom stave combinations.  I've had other store picks from this series that ranged from "ok" to "pretty darn good."  I've even taken part in a local barrel pick that I lreally liked of course.  But I've always considered these custom stave finishing things a little gimmicky and a bit on the "dodgy" side to be labeled as a straight bourbon. But I digress.

But tonight anyway THIS one is really pressing the right buttons on my palate. On the finish as it dries and slowly fades away is the most fantastic taste of what I can only describe as powdered Nestlé chocolate. Or Hershey's chocolate powder, take your pick.  It might sound strange but it's really pleasant and kinda addictive. The stave combo if you're interested is 4 baked American pure #2 and 6 Maker's 46. I'm gonna enjoy this bottle.

• I like it 2

16 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm really digging a Maker's Private Select tonight, one that I first opened a couple of weeks ago. You know the series, the one with different custom stave combinations.  I've had other store picks from this series that ranged from "ok" to "pretty darn good."  I've even taken part in a local barrel pick that I lreally liked of course.  But I've always considered these custom stave finishing things a little gimmicky and a bit on the "dodgy" side to be labeled as a straight bourbon. But I digress.

But tonight anyway THIS one is really pressing the right buttons on my palate. On the finish as it dries and slowly fades away is the most fantastic taste of what I can only describe as powdered Nestlé chocolate. Or Hershey's chocolate powder, take your pick.  It might sound strange but it's really pleasant and kinda addictive. The stave combo if you're interested is 4 baked American pure #2 and 6 Maker's 46. I'm gonna enjoy this bottle.

You're a Lawrenceburg man with a wild wheater hair running amok.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, flahute said:

You're a Lawrenceburg man with a wild wheater hair running amok.

Haha I know, right?  Surprising even myself.  Damn I'm a mess Lol.

42 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Haha I know, right?  Surprising even myself.  Damn I'm a mess Lol.

It's all good! When I come across a good one I'm firmly in the wheater camp as well!

10 hours ago, flahute said:

In case you are wondering if keto really works while one is drinking distilled spirits I confirm that it does!

I lost 40 lbs. on a strict keto diet while drinking plenty of bourbon along the way.

Yep, I am down 50 lbs but we are not on a strict keto but we do reduce carbs as much as possible and calorie restrict as well.  My wife has lost 68 lbs with side benefit of eliminating her joint pain.  This is the one diet that I can stick to long term.  

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.