What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I'm going to guess it was a 2 year old "craft bourbon" with a fake back story.

Old outhouse single stall.

oh, wait, you said “craft”...

• I like it 5

image.thumb.jpeg.4213c609449d59186927fc98a04e1568.jpeg
funny i see this for $149 most of the time. No thanks even at $36

Edited by FasterHorses

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Here it's typically $45-$50.  I'd definitely be a buyer at $36.  I like it quite a bit.

• I like it 4

Today I spotted Benchmark Full Proof out in the wild @ $23.  I considered it, may go back.  I'm kind of waiting for the next big sale at this store.

Also noticed Old Tub at a different location than were I first found it.  The price was even a few bucks cheaper, but still too expensive for what it is (my opinion).  

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

I would've pulled the trigger immediately on that one.

• I like it 3

Had to leave a half gallon of wsr behind today since it was 89.99 and i am going to buffalo trace next week as well.

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

Today I spotted Benchmark Full Proof out in the wild @ $23.  I considered it, may go back.  I'm kind of waiting for the next big sale at this store.

Also noticed Old Tub at a different location than were I first found it.  The price was even a few bucks cheaper, but still too expensive for what it is (my opinion).  

Im eager to try the new benchmarks. No word down here

8 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Im eager to try the new benchmarks. No word down here

I tried the bonded.  I found it to be similar to regular BT.  The BT probably has some older whiskey in the batch.  Young-ish BT at 100 proof is how I'd describe it.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:17 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Even empty, the taters are gonna be all over it!

The outhouse is made of new charred white oak obviously. The whiskey just wasn't aged very long.

• I like it 1

Passed on several blantons from 130 to one for 180 in a gift basket. Passed on a wsr 1750 at 99.99 and a wsr 750 for 80.

Passed on McKenna 10 at $59.99, which seems to be the going rate now near me. Just isn't that tempting when I can pick up EC BP at $55.99 consistently. Which reminds me...

• I like it 1

I continue to see Four Roses Small Batch Select basically full shelves, more than one location @ $50 - $60.  I read the label, but it wasn't interesting enough.  In that price range, there is some stiff competition.

30 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I continue to see Four Roses Small Batch Select basically full shelves, more than one location @ $50 - $60.  I read the label, but it wasn't interesting enough.  In that price range, there is some stiff competition.

Yep.  OF 1920 for one.

• I like it 1

The Four Roses SmB Select is good but the few extra proof points vs. the regular version isn't worth the premium price.

• I like it 1

Blanton's, plain old, vanilla SiB for $99.99 (WHAAT?).  Still can be found around here @ $57.99.  ?

Also passed on Blanton's Gold for $199.99 - my darlin' Bermuda mule (daughter #2) gets it for $76 at the Duty Free Shops when she goes on her business trips.  Too bad the Fairmont Southampton is shut down still for Covid-19 issues.  ?

Blantons Gold Bermuda.jpg

(Psst - they're 750ml bottles, babe.)   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

On 9/25/2020 at 7:34 PM, PaulO said:

I believe I prefer FRSiB. Honestly, I prefer WT101, OF100 and OGD BIB at less than half the price.

• I like it 1

On 9/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, PaulO said:

I have seen Old Tub at the Carmel K.  They had several cases on display. It was $26.99. They also had Benchmark Single Barrel for $23.99.  

Both were higher than I am willing to pay. However,  I might consider trying them when they go on sale.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.