What’s on the menu????

fishnbowljoe

Making a Dry roux gumbo with leftover brisket for todays' football games, and probably lunches for most of next week.  First time making a dry roux.  We will see how this goes.

• I like it 1

Homemade pizza, dough and all. If you have a good monitor, just to the left of the pizza pan are 2 sparkling eyes of my sons dog,  black fur, a little white on the ears. She was just waiting for the pizza to fall off the table.

E37E5598-50A5-4E12-BFBB-6C844D93C968.thumb.jpeg.6f2f67bf21e5d5244b60d6f6505efada.jpeg

• I like it 2

16 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Homemade pizza, dough and all. If you have a good monitor, just to the left of the pizza pan are 2 sparkling eyes of my sons dog,  black fur, a little white on the ears. She was just waiting for the pizza to fall off the table.

E37E5598-50A5-4E12-BFBB-6C844D93C968.thumb.jpeg.6f2f67bf21e5d5244b60d6f6505efada.jpeg

Ha!  I see the rascal down there!  😂

You doing that pizza in the oven?  Or, Grill?  I have an attachment for my Weber Kettle that I’ve been playing with for the last 6 months.  Gets me 650-700 degrees.  Still working on the best process, but regardless, it’s great fun to do the pizzas.  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Ha!  I see the rascal down there!  😂

You doing that pizza in the oven?  Or, Grill?  I have an attachment for my Weber Kettle that I’ve been playing with for the last 6 months.  Gets me 650-700 degrees.  Still working on the best process, but regardless, it’s great fun to do the pizzas.  

Oven.  It was raining so the grill was not an option. I tried to talk my wife into letting me get her an Ooni for Christmas but no luck. Have done pizza in the kettle and like it better than in the oven. Keep working on your process.

We had record breaking warm temperatures here last month. A couple of days it hit 68°, which was an all time high. Since then, we’ve had a few inches of snow, the wind has been blowing, and the temeratures have plummeted. Guess what’s for lunch tomorrow? 😋

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.48fa7a1f38ab1559b22138a7b664d17d.jpeg

• I like it 5

Had a hankerin’ for a fried baloney Sammich for lunch, today.  I like mine with onion, mustard, and Mayo.  On Wonder bread, of course… 😁

E0DE52D1-0B6C-4494-A1CC-44A7FFC799C8.jpeg

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Had a hankerin’ for a fried baloney Sammich for lunch, today.  I like mine with onion, mustard, and Mayo.  On Wonder bread, of course… 😁

E0DE52D1-0B6C-4494-A1CC-44A7FFC799C8.jpeg

I remember in Bardstown taking your advice and getting the fried bologna sammy at Mammy's and being very happy with that decision. 

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, flahute said:

I remember in Bardstown taking your advice and getting the fried bologna sammy at Mammy's and being very happy with that decision. 

I wouldn’t lead you bad, brother!  👍🏻
Mine today was good, but it ain’t Mammy’s!!  😁

• I like it 2

so we thought about chicken wings this weekend but I had a request from the wife for my tomato soup.  This is recipe of  my own creation.  Lots of meat (ham, andouille sausage), onions, garlic, and chopped tomatoes ( I use canned). It is very hearty and certainly not Campbell's tomato soup.  Good thing is that it makes enough for us to have a meal per day for three days.

IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.b14f2a5774c7f1a7233cdb596f7ababf.jpeg

We then spent yesterday watching the RyanHallY'all live stream on youtube. We had watch his predictions earlier in the week and it played out almost exactly as he predicted.  I have a sister and nephew in the Greenville SC area and they got slammed by ice and snow.   I hate ice storms.  We had a major one about every two years while I was growing up in NW Louisiana.  Being on the rural electric Coop, that meant that we always went several days without power.   We tend to have more snow than ice here in SW Michigan.  After moving here, I learned that you can drive on snow but not on ice.

I hope everyone clobbered by this storm is safe, warm and has power.

IMG_6282.jpeg

• I like it 3

My kind of cooking.  Make a soup or stew following your own instincts and have lots of leftovers.  Contrary to my wife wishes I don't freeze any soup.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

My kind of cooking.  Make a soup or stew following your own instincts and have lots of leftovers.  Contrary to my wife wishes I don't freeze any soup.

Yep I like one pot foods that are hearty. The only thing that I freeze is chili. Always make a double batch and freeze half. 

• I like it 2

On 1/15/2022 at 5:24 PM, smokinjoe said:

I wouldn’t lead you bad, brother!  👍🏻
Mine today was good, but it ain’t Mammy’s!!  😁

[cough]  Just don't follow him into the Dickel gift shop.....

On 1/17/2022 at 11:05 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

so we thought about chicken wings this weekend but I had a request from the wife for my tomato soup.  This is recipe of  my own creation.  Lots of meat (ham, andouille sausage), onions, garlic, and chopped tomatoes ( I use canned). It is very hearty and certainly not Campbell's tomato soup.  Good thing is that it makes enough for us to have a meal per day for three days.

IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.b14f2a5774c7f1a7233cdb596f7ababf.jpeg

We then spent yesterday watching the RyanHallY'all live stream on youtube. We had watch his predictions earlier in the week and it played out almost exactly as he predicted.  I have a sister and nephew in the Greenville SC area and they got slammed by ice and snow.   I hate ice storms.  We had a major one about every two years while I was growing up in NW Louisiana.  Being on the rural electric Coop, that meant that we always went several days without power.   We tend to have more snow than ice here in SW Michigan.  After moving here, I learned that you can drive on snow but not on ice.

I hope everyone clobbered by this storm is safe, warm and has power.

IMG_6282.jpeg

I love a hearty soup!! Dang Jeff, your dog is huge!!

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

I love a hearty soup!! Dang Jeff, your dog is huge!!

PhilT,  the angle of the pic makes him look bigger. He is  a 13 inch beagle that is around 25 lbs. He is now 18 months old and has been a good addition to the family. His name is Makana ( the Hawaiian word for Gift). He also answers to Makie, Macadoodle , or the Mackster.  When we were house training him, he was called the Turdinator 

E2487E68-378E-4B15-B2DD-C85815E9BC3B.jpeg

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

PhilT,  the angle of the pic makes him look bigger. He is  a 13 inch beagle that is around 25 lbs. He is now 18 months old and has been a good addition to the family. His name is Makana ( the Hawaiian word for Gift). He also answers to Makie, Macadoodle , or the Mackster.  When we were house training him, he was called the Turdinator 

E2487E68-378E-4B15-B2DD-C85815E9BC3B.jpeg

LOL! Great dog.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, BigRich said:

[cough]  Just don't follow him into the Dickel gift shop.....

Ha! Indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Went out to eat with some friends tonight and enjoyed a wild game dinner....for me a sampler plate of elk, venison, wild boar pork chop, and Texas quail.  It was all very delicious and enjoyed with a nice bottle of 2014 Camille Giroud burgundy.  Great meal.  But alas no bourbon.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Went out to eat with some friends tonight and enjoyed a wild game dinner....for me a sampler plate of elk, venison, wild boar pork chop, and Texas quail.  It was all very delicious and enjoyed with a nice bottle of 2014 Camille Giroud burgundy.  Great meal.  But alas no bourbon.

Well that sounds amazing.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:38 PM, Kepler said:

OMG...🤤

On 2/5/2022 at 10:38 PM, Kepler said:

Amazing. I’d be all in on a sampler plate like that. I’ve had elk and venison before, but would love to know what the quail and pork chop taste like. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

The OG Hot Brown. Wow this is good. But so rich. 

They have a Hot Brown breakfast at Mammys in Bardstown. 😋

Biba! Jo

21 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

The OG Hot Brown. Wow this is good. But so rich. 

8591169D-BDB6-470F-906B-767DCAB2A511.jpeg

I just gained 5 pounds looking at this picture…🤣.  Dang, looks good…

• I like it 1