What’s on the menu????

fishnbowljoe

Spun a bird today.

Mrs. Skinsfan made mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus with sauteed tomatoes, (the last out of our garden. after a crazy long growing season).

After a long day of yardwork in this unseasonably warm weather.

I might have a glass of AE rye for dessert.

20221105_180024.jpg

• I like it 4

55 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Spun a bird today.

Mrs. Skinsfan made mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus with sauteed tomatoes, (the last out of our garden. after a crazy long growing season).

After a long day of yardwork in this unseasonably warm weather.

I might have a glass of AE rye for dessert.

20221105_180024.jpg

“Spun a bird.”  I love it!  Never heard that, and it’s great.  I will probably repeat it at least 50 times tonight.🙌

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

“Spun a bird.”  I love it!  Never heard that, and it’s great.  I will probably repeat it at least 50 times tonight.🙌

😂

I'm a grill geek. Not pictured are a couple of portable gas grill, (Webers, of course😉)

I picked up that term from one of my grilling sites and I thought it sounded pretty cool too.

FB_IMG_1618586752551.jpg

• I like it 1

Leg of a Lamb. Salted for three weeks, drenched in canadian maple syrup, now off in the smoker. 

IMG_20221106_164655586.jpg

• I like it 5

30 minutes ago, Sven Heuchert said:

Leg of a Lamb. Salted for three weeks, drenched in canadian maple syrup, now off in the smoker. 

IMG_20221106_164655586.jpg

Woah. Your smoked meat picks make me forget this is a bourbon forum for a moment when I see them.

It's always tough to follow Sven. But its hot smoked turkey breast over rice with many veggies. A sag sherry cask before. A rocket top batch 1 for dessert.

20221106_180116.jpg

• I like it 4

Juicy Lucy sliders, leftover from yesterday's tailgate.  A buddy of mine made them up,  and had a few leftover,  so I grilled 'em up for lunch today.

20221107_115641.jpg

• I like it 3

On 11/7/2022 at 12:40 AM, Mattk said:

It's always tough to follow Sven. But its hot smoked turkey breast over rice with many veggies. A sag sherry cask before. A rocket top batch 1 for dessert.

20221106_180116.jpg

Turkey breasts, mouth watering stuff this is! How long did you smoked 'em? Like hot over wood or coal? 

4 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

Turkey breasts, mouth watering stuff this is! How long did you smoked 'em? Like hot over wood or coal? 

5 hour smoke. Big chunks of oak and applewood and a small bed of charcoal.

Sweet potato home fries, country bacon, eggs, and some coffee with bourbon cream. Or is it bourbon cream with some coffee?

20221112_112647.jpg

• I like it 5

This may be a bit off topic for this thread but we do have a Highly Pathogenic Avian influenza (HPAI)  strain going through the poultry population.  It is in the layer flocks now and has been detected in the broiler flocks in Arkansas.  These have happened in the past but the outbreaks are usually contained and burn out.  This strain has gotten into the wild bird population and  continues to spread.  So fare this year producers have lost ~50 M birds.  Keep an eye on chicken prices if this continues.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, beasled said:

Brewed up some chicken pho this morning. The ultimate hangover cure.

20221119_141530.jpg

That looks amazing. I am a pho junkie. I stopped making it a couple years ago when i discovered a local with amazing beef and chicken pho availability. Care to share the recipe?

Prost!!  Phil

This is an update on the smoked lamb chop .  It turned out super delicious. I did another deer leg with amish apple butter, still resting, but smells great. IMG_20221119_202651320.thumb.jpg.ef63a3889e6f0d96bf2d67215c2e4f8a.jpg

IMG_20221119_202644731.jpg

• I like it 6

29 minutes ago, Phil T said:

That looks amazing. I am a pho junkie. I stopped making it a couple years ago when i discovered a local with amazing beef and chicken pho availability. Care to share the recipe?

Prost!!  Phil

Hey Phil!

I started a while back with THIS recipe. 

I found it a little easier and tastier to roast the chicken first, using thighs. 

It's a great recipe and authentic to pho I've had at restaurants.

I add extra chilli and garlic to pimp it up a little bit too.

Cheers 🍻 

David

Thank you David! I am going to make for sure!! Great tip on roasting the chicken. I always roast the bones but not the meat.

Prost!!  Phil 

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

Thank you David! I am going to make for sure!! Great tip on roasting the chicken. I always roast the bones but not the meat.

Prost!!  Phil 

Perhaps a good time to save that roast turkey carcass from Thanksgiving..? :D

• I like it 1

Ben's Chili Bowl half smoked. Dang good eats!!

Prost!!  Phil 

20221122_194306.jpg

• I like it 2

51 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Ben's Chili Bowl half smoked. Dang good eats!!

Prost!!  Phil 

20221122_194306.jpg

That looks amazingly good!  But, what the Sam Hill is it?!?!?🤪

A half smoke is a DC delicacy. Half pork half beef sausage.  Kind of a half way between a hot dog and a smoked sausage. Some mustard, chili sauce, and onion on a steamed bun. Truly delicious. You would love it Joe. I have it delivered to the house. Ben's is the original and the best. 

Prost!!  Phil 

Edited by Phil T

12 hours ago, Phil T said:

A half smoke is a DC delicacy. Half pork half beef sausage.  Kind of a half way between a hot dog and a smoked sausage. Some mustard, chili sauce, and onion on a steamed bun. Truly delicious. You would love it Joe. I have it delivered to the house. Ben's is the original and the best. 

Prost!!  Phil 

🤤

• 3 weeks later...

Fried bologna sammich, tonight.  
The bologna isn’t special.  It’s Oscar Meyer

The butter isn’t special.  It’s Kirkland.

The cheese isn’t special.  It’s Kraft American.

The salt isn’t special.  It’s Morton’s

The bread isn’t special.  It’s plain white bread.

The Mayo isn’t special.  Just, plain ol’ Duke’s.  

The onion ain’t even a Vidalia, just sweet.

The taste of this sammich is friggin’ World Class Magnificent!   🥰

E0E4340C-9E78-443B-8FF9-C150C9B624D4.jpeg

• I like it 3