More stuff.....

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's an explanation about MM slam dunk bottles for those that aren't quite sure what was being talked about in the "What Bourbon Did You Pass On?" thread. A slam dunk bottle is a bottle of MM that is dipped all the way down to the shoulder of the bottle instead of just partway down the neck. In the past, to keep these bottles a novelty, there was only one slam dunk bottle included in X number of cases. To be honest, I'm not sure what the number of cases was. I've heard it was one for every pallet. Then again, I heard it was one for every half dozen pallets. Who knows for sure? It's kinda fun stuff either way.

When I first got interested in bourbon, MM was basically my gateway bourbon. I collected a lot of MM stuff. Most of it is gone now. My slam dunk bottle and distillery pourer went to a fellow member here that collected anything and everything MM. I still have the string of mini Xmas lights and the corn hole set my wife and son made for me for my birthday a few years ago, as well as my MM fishing lure. Surprisingly, the MM 101 label is from a long time ago.

Biba! Joe

P1010731.jpeg

DSC_0006.jpeg

P1010694.jpeg

P1110340.jpeg

• I like it 3

21 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Have you caught anything with that spinning lure?  

Nahh, I just keep it as a novelty item. The same with the Colts and Cubs spinner baits I have. Many years ago, a group of us used to go to the huge Chicagoland Boat, Sport and Fishing show in Chicago. There were a few booths there that dealt with novelty stuff like this. It was fun, and the cost wasn’t too bad either, IIRC.

Biba! Joe

My wife was out and about yesterday while I was at work. She did some shopping, and bought me a couple of things. One was a bottle of body wash. It has a bourbon cedar fragrance. I still can't help but wonder if it's because of the bourbon scent, or that I might stink. ?

But seriously, she knew my current bottle of Harry's body wash was running low. Then there's the bourbon scent. She done good. The smell of this is something akin to a bottle of bourbon that was spilled in an old cedar chest some time back. Not bad at all. Anyway, it sure beats the hell out of the smell of the bourbon scented car air fresheners that my son got me last year. ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.jpeg

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My wife was out and about yesterday while I was at work. She did some shopping, and bought me a couple of things. One was a bottle of body wash. It has a bourbon cedar fragrance. I still can't help but wonder if it's because of the bourbon scent, or that I might stink. ?

But seriously, she knew my current bottle of Harry's body wash was running low. Then there's the bourbon scent. She done good. The smell of this is something akin to a bottle of bourbon that was spilled in an old cedar chest some time back. Not bad at all. Anyway, it sure beats the hell out of the smell of the bourbon scented car air fresheners that my son got me last year. ?

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.jpeg

Stuart doesn't look like he's enjoying sitting/standing in that mug.  And I think Bob is checking out the bourbon cedar OR that gun.  I sure hope it's the wash.

33 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

THANKS!! I knew I'd seen it before.

My collecting of Minions stuff started a few years ago with a gift from one of my Special Olympics kids family. I always brought a travel mug of coffee with me for bowling practices. I was gifted a Minions “NEED COFFEE” t-shirt. Then came lounge pants from my wife. Then another t-shirt, the mini keychain figures, the fart gun, a night light, and just recently, the Bob ball. All fun stuff. I can hardly wait for Xmas. ?  Below is a pic I posted here before while I was recovering from my rotator cuff surgery. “Doing PT With BT”. I also sent the pic to the folks at BT. They got a kick out of it.

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 10/17/2020 at 12:13 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.jpeg

I bought a bottle of that a couple weeks ago. It's not bad. The cedar gives it a little astringent note. I've also used the Bath and Body Works bourbon-scented body wash, which is a little sweeter smelling. I don't like either of them as well as Moulton Brown's black pepper body wash, but they're 1/3 the price.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, evasive said:

I bought a bottle of that a couple weeks ago. It's not bad. The cedar gives it a little astringent note. I've also used the Bath and Body Works bourbon-scented body wash, which is a little sweeter smelling. I don't like either of them as well as Moulton Brown's black pepper body wash, but they're 1/3 the price.

Have you tried any of Harry’s yet? They have 4 different scents if I’m not mistaken. IMHO, they’re all pretty good. You might want to give one a shot. 

On 10/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Have you tried any of Harry’s yet? They have 4 different scents if I’m not mistaken. IMHO, they’re all pretty good. You might want to give one a shot. 

I’ve only tried their shaving products. I’ll give that a shot. Thanks. 

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

I love my family. ?  They got me more bourbon stuff for Xmas. The puzzle is from my grand daughter. The body spray from my wife. :huh: The decanter is from my daughter in law. In the "What Coffe Are You Drinking?" thread, there's a  picture of a Minions coffee mug that is from my grandson. What's not to love? :D

Biba and Merry Xmas!  Joe

DSC_0010.JPG

• I like it 4

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, PaulO said:

The 1792, WT, and JB Black labels date those bottles back a few years.  I say, maybe 2005 or so.

I figured this was from an old picture.  Aside from the three you mentioned, the WR is Batch #403. 😲

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

This isn’t really bourbon related (yet), but I just had to post a pic. I have a wonderful family that keeps things fun. You’ve all witnessed this first hand with all my Minions, Peanuts, and other collectibles. When my son and his family came over yesterday,they presented me with a new addition to my collection. A quick background explanation first. I am given at least one carton of Peeps around Easter time. It’s been a tradition for many years. I know it’s early, but  my my son and dil went to Build A Bear the other day to have their dogs teddy bear repaired. They couldn’t resist and got something for me too. They even had a disc inserted into it make it smell like cotton candy. Ladies and gentleman, I give you the newest addition to my collection, a giant Peep! 🥳

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 2

That's a great display for Easter.

My family usually went with the baby chick Peeps.

• I like it 1

• 4 months later...

I saw these on a website for estate sales. The good news is that the estate sale was within walking distance of our house. The bad news is that we couldn’t get there till  this morning. Someone had bought them already. 😔 

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg.090f6d2c0f66164f085c5e9b2c9b36d5.jpeg

image.jpeg.b819a6d3f4e2378dd1deb2d4016a51a3.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Here’s something really cool. Only wish I had one too. One of the guys in our local group had an uncle that had this. His aunt passed it on to him. Appears to be a SW combination shot/dilution glass. 😎

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 7/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

image.jpeg.b819a6d3f4e2378dd1deb2d4016a51a3.jpeg

You didn't want those anyway. Some of the horses are running the wrong direction.😜

• 2 weeks later...

Six down, and two to go. 👐

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 4

It’s a WLW. Don’t remember what year. I removed the label.. 😏 I’ll add the Weller SB when I finish it. It might be a while. I had an empty Weller Centennial, but I mistakenly threw it out. Working on a replacement. 

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.