Newly announced “Whiskey Subscription” service.

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Things that make you go hmm...

https://thewhiskeywash.com/whiskey-styles/bourbon/distiller-extraordinaire-marianne-eaves-kicks-off-her-own-whiskey-subscription-service/

The new service is from Marianne Eaves (Nee Barnes) formerly of Castle and Key and Brown-Forman.

And maybe it is just me but does the “Distiller Extraordinaire” title seem a bit much? Jimmy Russell, Jim Rutledge, Parker Beam, sure. But this seems like prematurely gilding the Lily at this point! Admittedly I suspect that it is more click bait from the author and probably not something she would say about herself.

• I like it 1

Too bad all of the pack representations are fabricated 3D renderings, can’t smash ‘em with my limited edition Old Rip boots from Wolverine. 

For $300 - $550 you get four boxes with a couple glasses, a dropper, and several sample bottles.  The total volume does not appear to be much, maybe four 50ml bottles, and two 100ml bottles.  The source of contents is not indicated, and it's "blended", obscuring matters further.

I'm not sure what people are supposed to do with this.

22 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Avoid.

• I like it 6

I have yet to find a whiskey subscription service that I find worth the money. So often you get bottles that you can go and buy on your own store shelf. If anybody has any suggestions of ones that are actually worth the time I’d love to hear them.

13 hours ago, PaulO said:

For $300 - $550 you get four boxes with a couple glasses, a dropper, and several sample bottles.  The total volume does not appear to be much, maybe four 50ml bottles, and two 100ml bottles.  The source of contents is not indicated, and it's "blended", obscuring matters further.

At the $300 level you get 800ml (8x100ml samples) of proprietary blend of mystery bourbon that you can't even then buy or find a bottle of should you actually like one of them??

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Splitgrin said:

I have yet to find a whiskey subscription service that I find worth the money. So often you get bottles that you can go and buy on your own store shelf. If anybody has any suggestions of ones that are actually worth the time I’d love to hear them.

Near me there are two grocery stores with large liquor selections and good prices.  I also know two liquor stores in the area that I like.  I can't find every single bottle I see online, but that's OK.  There is plenty of great stuff left for me.  I'm out of the LE/allocated game.  Most of those I probably wouldn't even pick up if offered at MSRP.  Luckily, I got to try a many 15 years ago, before it got too crazy.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Ain’t she just cuter than a button!!  ?

Unless she is coming over to personally pour my samples, that doesn't matter.  And even if she does...doesn't really matter then either! ?

On 10/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, markandrex said:

? Dammit, you made me spit good bourbon.

Sorry about that!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.