Lagavulin 16 Price...

JvW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Over the last year I have noticed the price of Lagavulin 16 in Kentucky skyrocket from its usual $90-$100 to $130+ in most localities (I assume increased tariffs, demand, etc).  This morning I look up inventory in some of the larger chain stores where I pass through on my way home & saw that the price was reduced to $85 - $90, that’s quite a reduction at the same time for a few different locations.  Anyone know why?  ...and yes I bought a bottle to be picked up in a few days.

WashDC environs six months ago offered it as low as $70 but more often $80; I bought one @ $70.  Now, I see it for $80-90, more often $90, but one must visit stores a little off the beaten track (like, NOT near hotels).  I think VA ABC has it at $99,99 or maybe that was Mont. Co. MD.

• 2 months later...

The price jumped this past year due to the pass through of tariffs, but sales were seriously impacted. Diageo reduced pricing recently, which has started to show up in some stores over the last month or so, but it may never get back to the prices of a year or so ago. 

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

The price jumped this past year due to the pass through of tariffs, but sales were seriously impacted. Diageo reduced pricing recently, which has started to show up in some stores over the last month or so, but it may never get back to the prices of a year or so ago. 

Prices at the end of the year went back down to $85-$90, but now you can’t find Lagavulin 16 anywhere...

Even my local Costco has it at 90. Too high. I’m glad I bought an extra bottle when they were closer to 50$

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 2:20 PM, JvW said:

Prices at the end of the year went back down to $85-$90, but now you can’t find Lagavulin 16 anywhere...

I've noticed most of the major online retailers in the UK are sold out too at the moment... 

• 3 weeks later...

~ $95.00 here in the Baltimore metro area....just bought a bottle.  My son bought one the other day, (he lives about 30 miles West of us), and there was plenty.

On 11/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

WashDC environs six months ago offered it as low as $70 but more often $80; I bought one @ $70.  Now, I see it for $80-90, more often $90, but one must visit stores a little off the beaten track (like, NOT near hotels).  I think VA ABC has it at $99,99 or maybe that was Mont. Co. MD.

Last month VA ABC had it on sale for $89.99.  I don't remember if I bought 2 or only 1.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a bottle at one of our favorite LS for $94.00.   I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger, because I still have 3/4 of a bottle.    I can get a bottle of Ardbeg, or Laphroaig 10 years, and a bottle of OGD1114 for the cost of the 16 year.     Will I get another bottle, when this one runs out?  No doubt, but I'll shop around.

• 6 months later...

It is now down to the $75 price range and available in local stores once again.  Good for me as I just finished the bottle I had open.

13 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

It is now down to the $75 price range and available in local stores once again.  Good for me as I just finished the bottle I had open.

Well, I didn't think that I would be saying this but I may need to take a road trip to Kentucky for......scotch. 

• I like it 4

Whiskey prices in general seem to move in one direction only!  

Glad I was able to buy some scotch before the tariffs a few year ago.  

Now I'm hankering for a Laga 16.  

19 hours ago, ebo said:

Has anyone tried the 11 year old? What do you think of it?

The Offerman edition?  I think that is is very good and definitely worth the money if you are a Lagavulin fan.  I liked both editions but the latest one finished in Guinness casks made be slightly better.  But you can’t go wrong with either.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.