Angels Envy Cask Strength 2020

geclbxf
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have had this annual release in 2018 and 2019, and I really liked 2018 recently when I had at a bar.   I see that the 2020 version is out in Ohio, has anyone tried it yet and have any thoughts if its worth the $200+

It is very good! The hotel I run is selling it currently, we have a bottle left!

Have it, tried it, like it.

But I have been getting it since the first release back in 2012 (although I got shut out in 2019. If you know where I can find a 2019, at about retail of course, send me a PM!)

Is it worth $200? Very little is and I have been buying it lately mostly because I started buying it from the beginning. 

I also bought the Tawny Port barrel this year which costs even more. I like it as well but doubt I would buy it again because of the cost.

47 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

But I have been getting it since the first release back in 2012 (although I got shut out in 2019. If you know where I can find a 2019, at about retail of course, send me a PM!)

Is it worth $200? Very little is and I have been buying it lately mostly because I started buying it from the beginning. 

I also bought the Tawny Port barrel this year which costs even more. I like it as well but doubt I would buy it again because of the cost.

I feel the last bastions of your resolve dissolving into nothing...

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I liked the Tawny Port - which was still at the distillery as of 2 weeks ago, but it is a fine line between and cost and worth.   I think the fact it is still available should be cause for concern for the Hendersons.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:48 PM, BigRich said:

I feel the last bastions of your resolve dissolving into nothing...

My resolve died a quite death many months ago...

I think COVID got it!

• I like it 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2020 at 8:17 PM, geclbxf said:

I liked the Tawny Port - which was still at the distillery as of 2 weeks ago, but it is a fine line between and cost and worth.   I think the fact it is still available should be cause for concern for the Hendersons.

I picked up 2 bottles of the Tawny Port and an AECS around 6 weeks ago at the distillery.  Not sure if Wes is worried or smiling, because they’ll still sell out of an overpriced bourbon by msrp standards.  Distribution was limited to 6 states and the distillery obviously held a lot back.  Personally, I like the over-pricing as I think it cuts down on speculators and the secondary market.

1 hour ago, AlfaLarreo said:

I picked up 2 bottles of the Tawny Port and an AECS around 6 weeks ago at the distillery.  Not sure if Wes is worried or smiling, because they’ll still sell out of an overpriced bourbon by msrp standards.  Distribution was limited to 6 states and the distillery obviously held a lot back.  Personally, I like the over-pricing as I think it cuts down on speculators and the secondary market.

That I agree with - but the MSRP didnt slow anyone down on the Mizunara cask.

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

That I agree with - but the MSRP didnt slow anyone down on the Mizunara cask.

Good point!  Unfortunately, I didn’t get one of those and I’ve bunkered both of these, so I’m not sure they’re worth it.  Nonetheless, I was able to get them. 🙂

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.