Amazon Fresh alert

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm not sure of the distribution, if this is particular to DFW or not, but in case you are tired of the small batch cow I thought I'd pass this along.  I'm holding out for the 100% lean "Cow Proof" limited edition, though.

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, dcbt said:

I'm not sure of the distribution, if this is particular to DFW or not, but in case you are tired of the small batch cow I thought I'd pass this along.  I'm holding out for the 100% lean "Cow Proof" limited edition, though.

Capture.PNG

I prefer a vatting - thoroughly mix (but do not smash) 14 OZ irradiated 80% lean ground beef with 2 OZ of home-ground sirloin tips.  Divide into four (4) patties of nominally equal weight and flatten (but do not smash) to about 1/2-3/4 inch thick.  Indirect cook over well-ashed charcoal, flipping once or twice and rotating 180 degrees, until internal temp hits at least 140-145F.  If NOT using irradiated, temp should be at least 160F at this point.  Direct sear both sides to a good brown.

Do they have groups go out and have little tastes of the various cows on offer.

Then one guy says, in his freezer, he still has a couple pounds from some cow they selected last year.  That was the best cow ever.  Some of the other people concur. ?

So, this brings up a point. If the focus of the obsession is super-limited-edition single-bovine releases, then what exactly is the corollary to "tater"?

You guys do know this is going to end up in OT, right? Lol. I can just see someone blowing a f-ing fuse when it gets moved, because 2020.

• I like it 1

On 11/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

...  Indirect cook over well-ashed charcoal, ...

ah yes another charcoal guy.  Charcoal grill rather than gas seems to produce flavors that pair well with WT.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.