Russell's Reserve 2003

geclbxf
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone had the chance to try it?   The $250 price tag has me scared off a bit without trying first.

How about the quality on other vintages if you haven't tried this one?  

I've not seen it.  A 16 year WT will be good.  The claim that these are unique honey barrels is probably true.  WT tends to be more straight forward and less gimmicky.  Most (but not all) of WT premiums from past 2 decades are excellent.  If I ran across it I'd purchase and drink.  I doubt this will see obscene future escalation in price.

I have this and it's very good. Happy to have one but not good enough to buy another at the price. For my money, the Masters Keep 17yr BIB is the one to get, Better than 2003 to my palate and a lot less expensive.

I haven't had this yet (or even seen it).  I'm probably in the minority as I remember seeing very good reviews, but I did not care for the RR2002.

15 hours ago, flahute said:

I have this and it's very good. Happy to have one but not good enough to buy another at the price. For my money, the Masters Keep 17yr BIB is the one to get, Better than 2003 to my palate and a lot less expensive.

Thanks for the feedback.   I was doing some research and saw this called out multiple times in several places.   I love the MK 17 year, and it disappeared way to fast.   Also reaad this might be the "last of it".

22 hours ago, flahute said:

YES!!  perfect example that we have to "pay to play" if we're going to enjoy the sport.  Most sips are not worth the premium price, but we don't learn without exploration.  I've lots of premiums I paid exorbitant amounts for, took 2 or 3 glasses and then sealed for 15-20 years because they were yech.  But they were education.  Exploring premiums is like going to Harvard, that education don't come cheap.  

As for WT premiums, I've quite a few duplicates going back 2 decades and some examples 4 decades old.  I've a couple of the "ugly plastic box" panned by the majority that I adore.

I'm looking for the 2003 because I like what Eddie does, but suspect my chances are zilch.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.